I love my K1 but as an AT&T user I have been getting a terrible signal fluctuation from --84 to 102 dbm literally from one minute to the next (for example my s8 is 84 steady). I tried different Sim cards and to no avail. Tried a factory reset and the same thing. Still terrible call quality and dropped calls. I was just about to send it back when I decided to try just a network settings reset and just like that I'm between 84 and 88 which is really great and changed the phone completely.

It totally fixed the dbm and major fluctuations I was having. Anyway just figured I would share my results on here in the hopes of helping others.

If you are having reception issues please give it a try and let me know if you can duplicate it, then we know we have a real fix on our hands.

It's in the settings - more- network settings reset. You will have to reconnect to your wireless and Bluetooth networks but it's a small price to pay in curing the reception issues we had.
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-23-17 11:52 PM
    Cool, if I start to encounter reception issues I'll be sure to try this. Thanks.
    06-23-17 11:54 PM
    OK thanks will try
    06-24-17 01:16 AM
    I wish this worked for me, I typically get -115 to -120 via AT&T. Only way for me to get it down to -85 range is by switching From LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM to HSPA+/UMTS/GSM
    jfalkingham likes this.
    06-24-17 03:46 AM
    seems to have worked for me
    06-24-17 09:43 AM
    @DB911, Followed your lead and I saw the same results in reception. I wish someone would explain the implications of these results.

Though it seems straight forward, it's hard to grasp that "I get better reception using 4G vs 4G LTE". Go figure.
    Last edited by j21jam6; 06-24-17 at 10:48 AM.
    06-24-17 10:02 AM
    so I just did this, message came up cannot forget providers settings, settings reset. did it change anything on my cell coverage ? I don't see anything. it's an unlocked phone
    06-24-17 10:14 AM
    seems to have worked for me
    Do you have AT&T as well?
    06-24-17 10:30 AM
    @DB911, Followed your lead and I saw the same results in reception. I wish someone would explain the implications of these results.

Though it seems straight forward, it's hard to grasp that "I get better reception using a 4G vs 4G LTE". Go figure.
    Not at all.

Due to modulation differences LTE will always have a lower dBM reading than HSPA/UMTS for equivalent signal. It's a physics thing.
    06-24-17 10:42 AM
    Not at all.

Due to modulation differences LTE will always have a lower dBM reading than HSPA/UMTS for equivalent signal. It's a physics thing.
    Thanks for the response. To a layman how would I know which signal is faster? A simple speed test?

Thanks for your input. This is out of my relm of expertise.
    06-24-17 10:47 AM
    yes download the speedtest app and that will give you a good idea on throughput for each. I get like 35 download here in NJ on LTE and 10 on 4G (GSM HSPA), both are pretty fast.
    06-24-17 12:04 PM
    Thanks for the response. To a layman how would I know which signal is faster? A simple speed test?

Thanks for your input. This is out of my relm of expertise.
    HSPA is never going to be as fast as LTE, all things being equal. More to the point LTE has much lower latency as well. It's simply a superior technology, and is more bandwidth-friendly also (that is, you can get more people using it into a given amount of spectrum on LTE than HSPA) so the carriers have a lot of reasons to try to move people that direction when possible.
    06-24-17 03:06 PM
    I tried this the other night after another call with Blackberry support. This coupled with having the Cellular Network Settings Preferred Network Type set for your network instead of Global seemed to improve things.

It wasn't until I put a case on it like Tickerguy said to do that my K1 actually became useable.

I love my K1 but as an AT&T user I have been getting a terrible signal fluctuation from --84 to 102 dbm literally from one minute to the next (for example my s8 is 84 steady). I tried different Sim cards and to no avail. Tried a factory reset and the same thing. Still terrible call quality and dropped calls. I was just about to send it back when I decided to try just a network settings reset and just like that I'm between 84 and 88 which is really great and changed the phone completely.

It totally fixed the dbm and major fluctuations I was having. Anyway just figured I would share my results on here in the hopes of helping others.

If you are having reception issues please give it a try and let me know if you can duplicate it, then we know we have a real fix on our hands.

It's in the settings - more- network settings reset. You will have to reconnect to your wireless and Bluetooth networks but it's a small price to pay in curing the reception issues we had.
    06-24-17 03:30 PM
    This is a really great n simple fix. I was not using my keyone for the last 2 months due to network issues. After doing network reset, everything is fine. Thanks dear. Great work. keep it up.
    03-27-18 10:32 PM
    This seems to have fixed the call quality for me!!!!
    thank you SO MUCH!!!!
    04-01-18 08:51 AM