Key1 unlocked GSM on att prepaid.

As of this morning I've noticed while making a call, my phones earpiece/receiver is not working. No noise. I have to put the person on speaker phone to hear them. I use an incipio dual pro case and obviously dropped it more than a few times. Any ideas? Probably an issue with the phone physically? Help...
    09-11-19 08:38 AM
    Key1 unlocked GSM on att prepaid.

As of this morning I've noticed while making a call, my phones earpiece/receiver is not working. No noise. I have to put the person on speaker phone to hear them. I use an incipio dual pro case and obviously dropped it more than a few times. Any ideas? Probably an issue with the phone physically? Help...
    Reboot the device. If it still doesn't work, bring it to a repair shop.
    09-11-19 11:15 AM
    first thing I've tried. even did a factory reset today. no-good.
    09-12-19 01:16 PM
    I had the same thing happen to my keyone (and likely yours). In my case it was a flaky internal ear speaker connection. I fixed mine by tapping the ear speaker on a table (mine needed a good "whack" to get going again).
    Best of luck to you.
    dosten likes this.
    09-14-19 03:55 AM
    I had the same thing happen to my keyone (and likely yours). In my case it was a flaky internal ear speaker connection. I fixed mine by tapping the ear speaker on a table (mine needed a good "whack" to get going again).
    Best of luck to you.
    Haha maybe I'll try that! Thanks
    09-28-19 07:58 AM
    Similar problem, I'm not sure if it happened when I dropped it, but at some point I realized the earpiece speaker was so quiet I really could only use the phone with the speakerphone or earbuds. Found a repair video here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Blackbe...acement/111315 and found the part here (about $4 for part and shipping): https://www.mobilesentrix.com/earpie...ckberry-keyone
    And with patience, fixed it myself. The hardest part was removing the top piece of the phone - I used a razor blade successfully. It may not be reattached the best, but I keep the phone in a case. Also, removing the tiny speaker from it's tiny little clip is tricky because it is magnetized, but the whole thing took about 15 minutes. Works great now.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    10-15-19 07:38 AM
    Best of luck to you.
    The whack on the floor brought the ear speaker back to life of my Bronze Edition Keyone. Thanks for the tip.
    Cheers!
    11-02-19 12:14 AM
    The ear speaker is not wired in. It has spring contacts that touch contacts on a fixed cable affixed to the top of the phone.
    11-02-19 12:28 AM