Put a case on your K1 and reception issue goes away.
    09-09-17 11:27 AM
    Hello. I also just got KeyOne and I had a Passport (AT&T). I really like the KeyOne, but the keys are taking some getting used to. I think I like the Passport`s keyboard better. Moving icons across home screens is not as convenient. But there is certainly better access to apps. And,
    I love the fingerprint login!!

Set up keyboard shortcuts and you won't need to move icons across home screens Love the shortcuts.
    09-09-17 11:51 AM
    I received my AT&T KEYone Thursday afternoon (even left work early to pick it up). I had mixed feelings when I had to security wipe my Classic and box it up to send back to AT&T for a trade. A bit sad but definitely time to move on. That being said, I can already feel the difference in the keyboard from the Classic to the KEYone. I'm not complaining, but honestly, it's just not the same experience. The Classic was the ideal size and it's keyboard was flawless for me. Indeed, this was clearly it's best feature. But I am adjusting to the wealth of apps and the overall experience of Android quite well. I can do so many more things with the KEYone that I actually think I could keep this phone for several years. I haven't had any reception issues or any of the other problems so many people have noted.
    Maybe this is just good fortune, or maybe I just take the phone for what it is and don't look for things to complain about. Either way I am completely satisfied with my decision to move on from BB10, and I recommend the KEYone to anyone coming from a BB10 PKB device.
    09-09-17 11:56 AM
    Put a case on your K1 and reception issue goes away.
    Can you elaborate on this please? What is the case doing that helps?
    09-09-17 12:16 PM
    Can you elaborate on this please? What is the case doing that helps?
    It seems human skin bridges the antenna gap at the bottom of the phone; a case puts separation between your hand and the gap, reducing the chance of signal drop.
    joewoo, Johberry and Tim-ANC like this.
    09-09-17 12:30 PM
    I received my AT&T KEYone Thursday afternoon (even left work early to pick it up). I had mixed feelings when I had to security wipe my Classic and box it up to send back to AT&T for a trade. A bit sad but definitely time to move on. That being said, I can already feel the difference in the keyboard from the Classic to the KEYone. I'm not complaining, but honestly, it's just not the same experience. The Classic was the ideal size and it's keyboard was flawless for me. Indeed, this was clearly it's best feature. But I am adjusting to the wealth of apps and the overall experience of Android quite well. I can do so many more things with the KEYone that I actually think I could keep this phone for several years. I haven't had any reception issues or any of the other problems so many people have noted.
    Maybe this is just good fortune, or maybe I just take the phone for what it is and don't look for things to complain about. Either way I am completely satisfied with my decision to move on from BB10, and I recommend the KEYone to anyone coming from a BB10 PKB device.
    I second your sentiments about the keyboard. While I miss the keyboard (and toolbelt) on the Classic, switching to the KEYone has been such a good experience that any doubts I had have been trumped by the pros of using an Android device with a physical keyboard. Cheers.
    09-09-17 12:54 PM
    It seems human skin bridges the antenna gap at the bottom of the phone; a case puts separation between your hand and the gap, reducing the chance of signal drop.
    This appears to be accurate from my anecdotal testing. If the palms of my hands are "cupped" around the bottom of the device I see the signal indicator immediately go from 3 bars down to 1. When I look at the decibel readings using LTE discovery, it will go from about -99 to -120.
    09-09-17 01:11 PM
    Now that makes a lot of sense! Hmm, wonder if my GSM unlocked ("Silver") KEYone has that capability? Hardly a deal breaker if not, but certainly could be handy now and then.
    The KEYone is capable, but the feature is related to carrier support, i.e. the carrier has to support Wi-Fi Calling.
    09-09-17 02:23 PM
    You need a cell and WiFi connection for att. It will use WiFi by default when outside of att coverage (international) but there is a 'check' on cell. You can also have it auto turn off WiFi if a saved network or att WiFi Hotspot is not near.
    On T-Mobile, you have three options: Wi-Fi Preferred, Wi-Fi Only and Cell Only. Normally, I leave it on Wi-Fi Preferred so that when I'm on wi-fi, it'll use that gateway if the signal is good enough. When I'm traveling abroad, I switch to Wi-Fi Only so that I never touch cell signals unless I make a conscious decision to. I go to Cell Only if the wi-fi signal is unstable, i.e. good enough for calling, but drops out because the good signal only lasts in short bursts.

Home: Wi-Fi Preferred, wi-fi on, cell on
    Abroad: Wi-Fi Only, wi-fi on, cell off (Airplane Mode, then Wi-Fi on)

There isn't a cell "check". While traveling abroad, the phone can be on wi-fi the whole time and if the signal is good enough, Wi-Fi Calling will enable and work.

There isn't an option to have wi-fi turn off automatically if there are no Saved Networks nearby, and obviously the same for AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspots, as it's T-Mobile.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-09-17 02:33 PM
    Does it work that way on tmo? It does not with AT&T.
    It does with an iPhone on AT&T I'm pretty sure
    09-09-17 03:14 PM
    OK how do you do a screen shot on the KEYone?
    09-09-17 09:53 PM
    OK how do you do a screen shot on the KEYone?
    Power button + Volume Down. It's an Android thing. You need to make sure you press them simultaneously, or you'll just turn off the screen and down the volume. If you're successful, you'll see the screenshot as a small image in the center for a moment before it goes away.
    Last edited by cbvinh; 09-09-17 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Corrected Volume Up to Volume Down
    RoseBud68, FF22 and Tim-ANC like this.
    09-09-17 10:09 PM
    Power button + Volume Up. It's an Android thing. You need to make sure you press them simultaneously, or you'll just turn off the screen and up the volume. If you're successful, you'll see the screenshot as a small image in the center for a moment before it goes away.
    Thank you sir....Was doing the Passport thing, both volume buttons

Update: Its power/Volume down for screen shot....
    09-09-17 10:16 PM
    Thank you sir....Was doing the Passport thing, both volume buttons

Update: Its power/Volume down for screen shot....
    Oops, sorry. I'll correct my post.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    09-09-17 10:29 PM
    Got mine last week coming from ATT Passport. I don't hate it which surprises me because I expected to. Still exploring everything. The HUB is as good as BB10. It actually reminds me of a bigger 9800 torch with the keyboard slid out and the cartoonish android icons look like BBOS6 icons.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    09-12-17 05:52 PM
    Got mine last week coming from ATT Passport. I don't hate it which surprises me because I expected to. Still exploring everything. The HUB is as good as BB10. It actually reminds me of a bigger 9800 torch with the keyboard slid out and the cartoonish android icons look like BBOS6 icons.
    Same here, but the more i use it the better it gets. Wife is all in with her KEYone.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    09-12-17 06:29 PM
    I'm experimenting with mine still. I keep setting it up different ways, playing with it, and then performing a factory reset and starting again.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-12-17 07:06 PM
    Some threads about this:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13019766

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...t=video+recept

I think its static electricity when touching the bottom of the phone. I wasn't planning on using a case, but if i decide to keep it, I'll be getting a Seidio surface for it.
    09-13-17 02:51 PM
    Got mine today and so far, I'm just happy that I've haven't thrown it through the front window and out in to the street. It seems there is nothing I can do to get my personal/small business e-mail to work. G-mail is fine, but I don't like it and just want to use by own domain for my business. Spent way too long on the phone with both AT&T and Blackberry. Any suggestions? It won't recognize my log-in info or anything else. Says its wrong, but it isn't. Totally frustrating. Thanks for the forum for me to vent on!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    09-14-17 06:30 PM
    I'm experimenting with mine still. I keep setting it up different ways, playing with it, and then performing a factory reset and starting again.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I should have tried this...
    09-14-17 06:37 PM
    This appears to be accurate from my anecdotal testing. If the palms of my hands are "cupped" around the bottom of the device I see the signal indicator immediately go from 3 bars down to 1. When I look at the decibel readings using LTE discovery, it will go from about -99 to -120.
    Fact not appears. Unfortunately our skin and water it contains cause the issue. Kind of embarrassing considering this was widely known as a problem on the iPhone 4 eons ago
    09-14-17 06:40 PM
    Got mine today and so far, I'm just happy that I've haven't thrown it through the front window and out in to the street. It seems there is nothing I can do to get my personal/small business e-mail to work. G-mail is fine, but I don't like it and just want to use by own domain for my business. Spent way too long on the phone with both AT&T and Blackberry. Any suggestions? It won't recognize my log-in info or anything else. Says its wrong, but it isn't. Totally frustrating. Thanks for the forum for me to vent on!
    What kind of email account is it? MS Exchange, IMAP, POP3? Are you trying add the account in the Hub? If so manually or letting it find the settings?
    09-14-17 07:04 PM
    It is an IMAP account and I've tried both ways, letting it find settings and manual. My Classic was a piece of cake to set up, this one just won't do it.
    09-14-17 07:24 PM
    Oh, and yes, trying to add it in the hub.
    09-14-17 07:24 PM
    Oh, and yes, trying to add it in the hub.
    I assume you are using the same settings as the classic. You might need to contact your domain provider.
    09-14-17 07:34 PM
77 1234