Wifi calling is coming. Give it a little time so it can be certified. It has all the pre-requirements.

Same as the s7 and iPhone 6s on initial release. Both received an update to enable. The AT&T K1 is using hd voice (volte) which is just voip over the data channel and it has nougat. There will be an update to enable.
    09-08-17 07:07 AM
    Let me understand something. Can you still make calls via apps like whatsapp and co or do they fall under wifi calling?
    09-08-17 07:41 AM
    WiFi calling is not available on the AT&T Keyone. I don't know why but its not available.
    Because AT&Tt engineers are lazy in my humble opinion.
    09-08-17 07:49 AM
    WiFi calling is important for people who have a weak or little cell signal at places (for example at their home like me). WiFi calling allows the calls to go through WiFi which makes the signal much better. And honestly I love my ATT Keyone (I originally purchased and returned the unlocked KeyOne from amazon) but if they choose not to turn on the WiFi calling Im going to have to decide again what to do. Having to walk outside to hear a call well enough is not something I'm willing to do especially in the New York winter lol.
    Same! No signal in my home and I don't want to go outside to avoid call drops in Michigan winters nor summers! I shouldn't have to. I literally think it's as simple as BlackBerry sending all their imei's to at&t to begin mass provisioning (whitelist'ing?). It is beyond me though why the at&t branded keyones don't have wifi calling out of the box. It's just sad.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-08-17 07:53 AM
    Let me understand something. Can you still make calls via apps like whatsapp and co or do they fall under wifi calling?
    Yes you can still do that as with any other device. Wifi calling is just an additional feature with some carriers to allow for regular phone calls to go over Wifi.
    09-08-17 07:59 AM
    Same! No signal in my home and I don't want to go outside to avoid call drops in Michigan winters nor summers! I shouldn't have to. I literally think it's as simple as BlackBerry sending all their imei's to at&t to begin mass provisioning (whitelist'ing?). It is beyond me though why the at&t branded keyones don't have wifi calling out of the box. It's just sad.
    I totally agree. I can understand not allowing WiFI calling on the unlocked versions but now that this is an AT&T branded phone being sold by AT&T there is no reason WiFi calling wasn't available out of the box.
    09-08-17 10:16 AM
    I totally agree. I can understand not allowing WiFI calling on the unlocked versions but now that this is an AT&T branded phone being sold by AT&T there is no reason WiFi calling wasn't available out of the box.
    It's unbelievable. I have myself questioning switching carriers. Really wish someone from at&t would comment.
    09-08-17 10:48 AM
    It's unbelievable. I have myself questioning switching carriers. Really wish someone from at&t would comment.
    If T-Mobile can allow Wi-Fi Calling on unlocked BlackBerry's, why can't AT&T? That would be the question...
    portplayer and phuoc like this.
    09-08-17 01:46 PM
    Wi-Fi Calling, besides being useful in poor reception areas, is also useful when traveling abroad. You can connect to hotspots and make phone calls, send/receive txts, voicemail, etc. with your phone number, free of international roaming charges.
    09-08-17 02:22 PM
    Galaxy s7, active 7, iPhone 6s all received updates after launch. It's coming!

You have a queue of tickets, the one with the most impact rises to the top. Validation process is not check the box.
    09-08-17 03:40 PM
    Galaxy s7, active 7, iPhone 6s all received updates after launch. It's coming!

You have a queue of tickets, the one with the most impact rises to the top. Validation process is not check the box.
    Hope you're right.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    09-08-17 04:17 PM
    If T-Mobile can allow Wi-Fi Calling on unlocked BlackBerry's, why can't AT&T? That would be the question...
    I'll take Bigger Profits for $1000...
    09-08-17 04:22 PM
    Wi-Fi Calling, besides being useful in poor reception areas, is also useful when traveling abroad. You can connect to hotspots and make phone calls, send/receive txts, voicemail, etc. with your phone number, free of international roaming charges.
    Now that makes a lot of sense! Hmm, wonder if my GSM unlocked ("Silver") KEYone has that capability? Hardly a deal breaker if not, but certainly could be handy now and then.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    09-08-17 10:54 PM
    Thrilled to get mine. Now I'm staying up way too late playing with it. So far, I'm very impressed that AT&T didn't add too much junk to it. And thank goodness the FM radio works perfectly. So much better than streaming in terms of data and battery life.
    09-09-17 02:19 AM
    Does it work that way on tmo? It does not with AT&T.
    09-09-17 07:36 AM
    Does it work that way on tmo? It does not with AT&T.
    Yes, the unlocked variant's wifi calling works just fine on TMO and yes, you can use it while traveling abroad to make calls, send/receive txts, vm, etc. free of charge if you are connected via wifi as long as you put the device in airplane mode but then enable just the wifi on the device.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-09-17 09:11 AM
    Yes, the unlocked variant's wifi calling works just fine on TMO and yes, you can use it while traveling abroad to make calls, send/receive txts, vm, etc. free of charge if you are connected via wifi as long as you put the device in airplane mode but then enable just the wifi on the device.
    You need a cell and WiFi connection for att. It will use WiFi by default when outside of att coverage (international) but there is a 'check' on cell. You can also have it auto turn off WiFi if a saved network or att WiFi Hotspot is not near.
    Last edited by jfalkingham; 09-09-17 at 10:33 AM.
    09-09-17 09:38 AM
    I second this ^^^^ have used it in Europe, Singapore and China when I need to talk to folks who don't have BBM

Passport on ATT or Priv on Verizon
    09-09-17 09:39 AM
    Anyone know what the AT&T smart wifi app is???
    09-09-17 09:41 AM
    With regards to my post above, you CAN leave the cellular radio on but make sure the wifi calling icon in being displayed otherwise the device will use the cellular signal to make a call. This is why I always put my phone in airplane mode and then enable wifi so I'm guaranteed that calls are in fact going over wifi.
    phuoc and FF22 like this.
    09-09-17 09:43 AM
    Anyone know what the AT&T smart wifi app is???
    It's purpose is to get you on WiFi when the signal is right. It monitors att connection strength vs WiFi strength and bandwidth and gets you on the better connection. Personally it provides no value to me, but if you want to auto connect on open WiFi spots and track data use via WiFi or cell it does a good job. It will also kill cell data capability if signal is too low to save battery
    09-09-17 10:31 AM
    Got our AT&T K1 yesterday. Very disappointed that it does not have WiFi calling.
    09-09-17 10:41 AM
    Got our AT&T K1 yesterday. Very disappointed that it does not have WiFi calling.
    It's coming! You'll need it - the reception on the KEYone (at least att one) is disappointing.
    Marcjcd likes this.
    09-09-17 10:57 AM
    Let AT&T know. Also keep in mind that both Apple and Samsung phones were first released without it on AT&T also, but then received updates enabling it. I would not be surprised for the same thing to happen with the KEYone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Marcjcd likes this.
    09-09-17 10:58 AM
    Hello. I also just got KeyOne and I had a Passport (AT&T). I really like the KeyOne, but the keys are taking some getting used to. I think I like the Passport`s keyboard better. Moving icons across home screens is not as convenient. But there is certainly better access to apps. And,
    I love the fingerprint login!!
    phuoc likes this.
    09-09-17 11:18 AM
77 1234