I am typing this on my PRIV (still hoping for a PRIV2 someday) but my question is regarding my KeyOne. Lately the battery drain is more prevalent, not to mention more locking up and sluggishness. Would a 32sec reboot help? Does this reboot wipe everything in your phone or is it just what it says - a reboot? I clear my cache every so often but generally, I am finding nearly twice a week I am shutting the KeyOne off and restarting it due to it being locked up or sluggish. I have checked the battery monitor and don't see any glaring apps that are draining it.
    09-21-19 10:27 AM
    I am typing this on my PRIV (still hoping for a PRIV2 someday) but my question is regarding my KeyOne. Lately the battery drain is more prevalent, not to mention more locking up and sluggishness. Would a 32sec reboot help? Does this reboot wipe everything in your phone or is it just what it says - a reboot? I clear my cache every so often but generally, I am finding nearly twice a week I am shutting the KeyOne off and restarting it due to it being locked up or sluggish. I have checked the battery monitor and don't see any glaring apps that are draining it.
    Reboot is just a reboot.

I'd do a full factory reset if you haven't done one in a while.
    09-21-19 10:36 AM
    Thanks, Conite. I am trying to avoid a Factory reset since I am basically starting over from scratch with all my settings and such. Just trying to avoid that pain.....
    09-21-19 10:54 AM
    Thanks, Conite. I am trying to avoid a Factory reset since I am basically starting over from scratch with all my settings and such. Just trying to avoid that pain.....
    Yes, but it's well worth doing. It's also the only sure-fire way to solve your issues.
    09-21-19 11:07 AM
    I believe Ambassador conite is being too polite. You’ll spend more time in your attempt to avoid what he’s stating will be the inevitable.

That’s why he gets the recognition while I get the broom and dustpan. LMAO

Like the saying goes Just Do It and you’ll be happier;-)
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-21-19 11:55 AM
    hahaha. Okay, thanks gentlemen. I bow to your knowledge and experience. Wow - help from an Ambassador and a guy toting a broom and dustpan. I am lucky. lol. Seriously though, thank you.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-21-19 03:01 PM
    let us know what happens next!
    09-21-19 10:56 PM
    I will keep you posted dxvigne. It's been a busy weekend so I haven't pulled the trigger yet to do this.
    09-22-19 06:08 PM
    Yes, but it's well worth doing. It's also the only sure-fire way to solve your issues.
    Hi Conite, this will be the 2nd time this year that I will have had to wipe the phone and start over. Is that unusual?
    09-29-19 07:19 AM
    Hi Conite, this will be the 2nd time this year that I will have had to wipe the phone and start over. Is that unusual?
    Hard to say. It depends on how you use your phone, what's installed in it, etc.
    09-29-19 07:39 AM
    Hi dxvigne, The jury is out (for me) on whether this reboot helped. I don't seem to have locking up issues and such, but the battery drain has not improved at all. So I am disappointed.
    10-07-19 09:19 AM
    my long progressive battery drain degradation was solved when I replaced swollen battery...
    10-07-19 09:23 AM