-Looks different in the 2017 sea of slabs, why hide it
    -Rugged back is comfortable
    -Premium feel in hand that case kinda ruins
    -Already a thick phone
    -Seems built like tank

Not to:

-The phone cost each of us at least 550 $ so too early to risk it
    -Rugged back is way too slippery in the real world
    -protruding camera looks vulnerable in the case of repeatedly putting the phone down over the months (this plagues most phones these days)
    -Aluminum sides super slippery (like most phones anyway)
    09-25-17 12:00 PM
    All of my previous smartphones were in shell cases, but also fabric sleeves or 'phone socks' for extra protection in my pocket. I've just been using this sleeve for my KeyOne:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adore-June-...UvbUpU13030335

My phone always rests on top of the sleeve when it isn't being carried around. I couldn't face putting a full case on the KeyOne, and have never been one for dropping or damaging my phone anyway!
    09-25-17 12:13 PM
    I saw a demo where if you bend a KEYone even a little, the screen just pops off.
    09-25-17 12:16 PM
    I saw a demo where if you bend a KEYone even a little, the screen just pops off.
    Well than you haven't seen the new video. Maybe do a search again and see how well it did.
    09-25-17 07:32 PM
    OK, I just did and it looks great and I am glad they were so responsive about that flaw. I have spent all day thinking about the KeyOne and the main thing standing in the way now is that there is no Link or anything like Link. I don;t want cloud or 3rd party backup. I'm old school. If there was a way to synch/backup to my Mac computer like I can with the Classic, and I could disable the Android Google cloud backup, I would buy a KeyOne and give it a shot.
    09-25-17 07:39 PM
    All of my previous smartphones were in shell cases, but also fabric sleeves or 'phone socks' for extra protection in my pocket. I've just been using this sleeve for my KeyOne:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adore-June-...UvbUpU13030667

My phone always rests on top of the sleeve when it isn't being carried around. I couldn't face putting a full case on the KeyOne, and have never been one for dropping or damaging my phone anyway!
    I also use double protection. I have the KeyOne in a Stilgut flip case and I carry that "package" inside an eyeglass micro fiber bag. The bag keeps the lens from getting gunked up where the haze really impairs photographs.
    09-25-17 07:45 PM
    its so slippery. I think u gotta use a case for a while till ur hands get used to the shape and then maybe it will be ok? also after u have the phone for 3 months, ull care less about a caseless ding. thats my theory at least!
    09-25-17 07:55 PM
    I protect device to avoid the hassle of getting device fixed or replaced. I need my device daily for work so when it's down it effects my day. Also deductibles are high with insurance so protection is the way I always go.
    09-25-17 08:23 PM
    If there was a way to synch/backup to my Mac computer like I can with the Classic, and I could disable the Android Google cloud backup, I would buy a KeyOne and give it a shot.
    Cloud is so much faster and more efficient. Link rarely worked. With Android I can sign in to any new android device with my same google account and everything is there.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-25-17 08:44 PM
    After dropping my KEYone onto the cement garage floor (about four feet onto its corner below the keyboard)--remarkably suffering only a minor scuff--I decided to buy a case rather than tempt fate any further.

I tried a Ringke case for about a week, but it obstructed the look and crisp feel of the device. Also, couldn't stand the way dust would work its way in around the edges. I found myself removing it a couple times a day to clean it.

After giving the case a try, I will take my chances naked. Cases remind me of how old people used to wrap their sofas in plastic. It saved the upholstery, but ruined the look and feel of the furniture it was trying to protect. Just my two cents. And if you prefer a case I completely understand your decision to use one. For me the sheer elegance of the device was lost (or hidden) from my eyes and fingers. I personally couldn't give that up for long.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    Attached Thumbnails Reasons to/not to use KEYone naked (the phone, not the user)-151.jpg  
    FF22 and Diana Melamet like this.
    09-25-17 09:22 PM
    I am using the OEM BlackBerry leather pouch. it's a bit expensive but worth it as it offers protection while not in use but then when you take the phone out you enjoy its nakedness!
    FF22 and Flatman like this.
    09-26-17 06:02 AM
    Is the cloud backup an automatic thing that we have no control over or can it just be turned off or maybe just done when we want it to be? What I don't like is the lack of control and awareness over the whole process.
    09-26-17 08:05 AM
    Is the cloud backup an automatic thing that we have no control over or can it just be turned off or maybe just done when we want it to be? What I don't like is the lack of control and awareness over the whole process.
    You have control... turn it off or turn it on. But if I had a dollar for every person with a BB10 issue where they lost all their data and had never considered backing up their phone or had not done it in months.... I'd be a rich person.

There are a lot of settings in Android that allow you to de-Google the KEYone. But then you lose a lot of functionality.
    09-26-17 09:06 AM
    sunburn?
    09-26-17 09:43 AM
    After dropping my KEYone onto the cement garage floor (about four feet onto its corner below the keyboard)--remarkably suffering only a minor scuff--I decided to buy a case rather than tempt fate any further.

I tried a Ringke case for about a week, but it obstructed the look and crisp feel of the device. Also, couldn't stand the way dust would work its way in around the edges. I found myself removing it a couple times a day to clean it.

After giving the case a try, I will take my chances naked. Cases remind me of how old people used to wrap their sofas in plastic. It saved the upholstery, but ruined the look and feel of the furniture it was trying to protect. Just my two cents. And if you prefer a case I completely understand your decision to use one. For me the sheer elegance of the device was lost (or hidden) from my eyes and fingers. I personally couldn't give that up for long.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    Wait did you throw out the case? Could I pay for you to ship it to me? Lol I can't find that one in Canada.
    09-26-17 11:47 AM
    Wait did you throw out the case? Could I pay for you to ship it to me? Lol I can't find that one in Canada.
    SO sorry, but the cleaning lady picked up my office trash yesterday. I feel bad. The reason I had a pic was because I had sent it to my brother who has his Note 8 in a case (and swears by them). His words to me, "You'll regret that."

09-26-17 11:53 AM
    A case is reported to help with mobile signal strength. For some, holding the bottom of the phone reduces or drops sell signal.

I also think it is very slippery.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-26-17 12:32 PM
    I saw a video where if you drive a Ford F350 against a Lexus LS600, the Lexus will bend.
    09-26-17 01:19 PM
    I hear ya. It was just interesting to note that the initial rollout had a big issue with NO ADHESIVE. Been fixed now, I understand.
    09-26-17 01:46 PM
    fits perfect in my hand and not slippery. Depends how you hold it. I keep in in the Blackberry leather pouch if I go somewhere long distance , but the fact you can easily take the phone out and enjoy it in all it's glory. You paid for it, you should be holding the device in your hand.
    09-27-17 01:37 AM
    You paid for it, you should be holding the device in your hand.
    Well, that also applies for any costly smartphone but the reality is that premium doesn't equal tank-like drop resistance.
    I don't think too many Note 8/iPhone X users will rock the phone with no case, especially when brand new. Once the phone paid itself off after a year or so, then it becomes less of a gamble.
    09-27-17 03:47 AM
    Well, that also applies for any costly smartphone but the reality is that premium doesn't equal tank-like drop resistance.
    I don't think too many Note 8/iPhone X users will rock the phone with no case, especially when brand new. Once the phone paid itself off after a year or so, then it becomes less of a gamble.
    Blackberry is the only company releasing phones with atleast some grip, while the rest are so smooth, especially the iPhone, it's inevitable they fall or slip. I believe it was an intentional design and quick money grab . Think about the money they make from repairs out of warranty. If someone is clumsy enough to drop a phone, they should consider insurance. Unless u take it to job site where there is risk of damage , I can understand a hard case. Other than that, a hard case cover is a waste in my opinion. If I had a iPhone or Samsung I wouldn't care about a case anyhow, as Blackberry only make phone with a solid weighty feel and build quality. With a Samsung and iPhone, a hard case might actually give the phone a nice weight to it. As for my KEYone, I will enjoy holding the phone as is, in my hands.
    09-27-17 06:47 AM
    Been running mine naked. cracked the camera lens setting it on the table. good other than that.
    09-27-17 12:04 PM
    Got mine first day of release in the UK, had it in a case every day until 2 weeks ago. It's amazing to use without a case! Though it fell flat on it's today, it survived. I'm planning to keep on using it without a case, just feels and looks great.
    09-27-17 12:25 PM
    Got mine first day of release in the UK, had it in a case every day until 2 weeks ago. It's amazing to use without a case! Though it fell flat on it's today, it survived. I'm planning to keep on using it without a case, just feels and looks great.
    Do be careful with that screen though, since yours is a launch model
    09-27-17 12:48 PM
48 12