I have a nonproblematic KEYone silver. No screen lift, volume is fine, everything works well for me. I really like the phone. So . . . is the KEYone black so far superior that I ought to go through the wear and tear of buying, selling, reinstalling, etc?
    01-18-18 08:15 AM
    I have a nonproblematic KEYone silver. No screen lift, volume is fine, everything works well for me. I really like the phone. So . . . is the KEYone black so far superior that I ought to go through the wear and tear of buying, selling, reinstalling, etc?
    Ain't broke? Don't fix it....
    zephyr613, FF22 and Wezard like this.
    01-18-18 08:18 AM
    Ain't broke? Don't fix it....
    ^^ This
    01-18-18 08:24 AM
    ^^ This
    Hey Zeph!! Where you been? Happy New Year!! Three weeks later better than never....
    01-18-18 08:42 AM
    I am curious as well. I'm wondering if this is a complete role reversal with my Passport experience. Had the OG first then decided to give the Silver a try and in my opinion the Silver is on another level.

wondering if the same would be for the black keyone vs the silver.

Does Verizon offer a black keyone? I'm assuming no?
    01-18-18 08:44 AM
    I am curious as well. I'm wondering if this is a complete role reversal with my Passport experience. Had the OG first then decided to give the Silver a try and in my opinion the Silver is on another level.

wondering if the same would be for the black keyone vs the silver.

Does Verizon offer a black keyone? I'm assuming no?
    All you get with Verizon for now is the original CDMA version. Be thankful!!! Verizon doesn't usually have BB versions anymore. No Passport and way delayed PRIV. The KEYone was offered pretty quickly, like the Q10 and Classic in the old days.
    01-18-18 08:47 AM
    Hey Zeph!! Where you been? Happy New Year!! Three weeks later better than never....
    Hey Chuck! Same to you! I have been really busy with work, Cyber Security and all...
    01-18-18 08:50 AM
    While Chuck and Zeph get reacquainted, I think the question is best addressed to those who have had both phones: is the KEYone black so much better that you would go to the effort to replace the silver?
    01-18-18 09:03 AM
    While Chuck and Zeph get reacquainted, I think the question is best addressed to those who have had both phones: is the KEYone black so much better that you would go to the effort to replace the silver?
    I answered your question. Not the answer you want to hear? Let me be clear. These boards are filled with people that are complaining about X device not being what they want or worse, having a warranty issue. You're happy with your device and you're asking unhappy people, their opinion.

Even the happy ones will argue with you and each other regarding the benefits of the 3/32 vs the 4/64 hardware. Trust your gut since you know you best.

The KEYone is BBMo/TCL first device. Popup keyboards and weird update schedule aside, the variances amongst devices will lead to extreme opinions. Good luck on your responses and turn off your filters. You should be in for some entertainment.
    01-18-18 09:17 AM
    Hey, easy. I'm interested to hear what other people have to say, assuming that your response is not universally definitive.
    01-18-18 09:21 AM
    It depends on your usage. I'm using the Black Edition and I can say there is no real noticeable performance difference. Quite frankly, that was expected; a boost in RAM shouldn't necessarily boost performance. I often close my apps when I'm done using them, and the majority of my data is on a micro SD card. However, 64gb on board storage should be standard in 2018, and I'm expecting that from the KEYtwo from launch. But to ultimately answer your question, no, I do not think it is a necessary upgrade unless you want the cosmetic change.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-18-18 09:23 AM
    Hey, easy. I'm interested to hear what other people have to say, assuming that your response is not universally definitive.
    Nope. It's not. I just wanted to make sure you understand my original answer was serious and not my usual smart arse type reply. The KEYone, good or bad, is a first gen device. It's loved and/or hated in extremes here on CB.

With first gen devices from new companies, love the known quantity and be wary of the unknown.
    Kinda like sleeping with one eye open.

I bought my KEYone only two weeks ago from AT&T. I had switched to factory unlocked. After DTEK fiasco, I bought this one from carrier to insure warranty infrastructure support.
    01-18-18 09:52 AM
    Thanks. I took your original post seriously. To be fair, your first response was more philosophical than educational: "Be content, young jedi." That's fine, and I actually agree with your intent. What I am looking for, however, is the practical; what about the KEYone black is so good (compared to the silver) that it's worth the trouble. Is it just a half second less lag, for example?
    01-18-18 10:02 AM
    Thanks. I took your original post seriously. To be fair, your first response was more philosophical than educational: "Be content, young jedi." That's fine, and I actually agree with your intent. What I am looking for, however, is the practical; what about the KEYone black is so good (compared to the silver) that it's worth the trouble. Is it just a half second less lag, for example?
    Nobody on the boards has given a consistent answer that everyone agrees to. I think CBK said the difference was imperceptible and someone else on CB staff even disagreed.

The best consistency I've seen is regarding the number of apps you're running side by side and if you really need the extra GB of RAM for your specific applications. Storage is just that, storage.

I accumulated quite the number of apps through several Android devices, non-BB and BB. Number in my Android ID library is about 200. I've only added 1/2 to my current KEYone device and I'm about 1/2 device storage.

Since my only choice through carrier is 32GB, I opted to only install apps when I use them.
    01-18-18 10:14 AM
    I can't tell the difference between my black or silver K1, but my motion seems faster than both!
    01-19-18 06:26 AM
    Nobody on the boards has given a consistent answer that everyone agrees to. I think CBK said the difference was imperceptible and someone else on CB staff even disagreed.
    That's because it comes down to the person using the device and how they use it. Play games? Load heavy apps? Never close apps? etc etc etc etc. There is no right answer. I'd argue most people wouldn't notice the difference at all, but if you're super picky and even a slight sign of lag irks every fiber of your being.. get the extra RAM lol.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-19-18 03:11 PM
    That's because it comes down to the person using the device and how they use it. Play games? Load heavy apps? Never close apps? etc etc etc etc. There is no right answer. I'd argue most people wouldn't notice the difference at all, but if you're super picky and even a slight sign of lag irks every fiber of your being.. get the extra RAM lol.
    Exactly. It's the same when someone asks which mobile carrier is the best..
    01-19-18 03:24 PM
    Exactly. It's the same when someone asks which mobile carrier is the best..
    That's easy.....NONE.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    01-19-18 03:44 PM