Dear All,
    I don't really understand why BlackBerry Launcher takes this much space from the memory of KeyOne black edition. You have 4GB on board and it takes about 1.7 GB out of it. This is something which must be taken very seriously before launching the new BlackBerry. Operation of the 2 systems need lots of memory space for the satisfying performance.
    Basically when 2 or 3 applications run with the regular BlackBerry Hub, this is the problem which I face with all the time. I don't want to reset my BlackBerry since there is no BlackBerry BES is used at my office, that is why I need a solution.
    Thank in advance.
    M. Kalender++
    10-28-20 04:07 PM
    The launcher has some hub integrations, and I'm sure it's really the Hub that's taking up all of that memory. The Hub has always been a big resource hog, and given that BB doesn't control the OS directly like they did with BB10, they can't specifically optimize the OS for the Hub like they used to.

If you stopped using the Hub, you'd likely see a big difference in performance - but obviously you'd lose Hub features.
    10-28-20 09:56 PM
    Dear All,
    I don't really understand why BlackBerry Launcher takes this much space from the memory of KeyOne black edition. You have 4GB on board and it takes about 1.7 GB out of it. This is something which must be taken very seriously before launching the new BlackBerry. Operation of the 2 systems need lots of memory space for the satisfying performance.
    Basically when 2 or 3 applications run with the regular BlackBerry Hub, this is the problem which I face with all the time. I don't want to reset my BlackBerry since there is no BlackBerry BES is used at my office, that is why I need a solution.
    Thank in advance.
    M. Kalender++
    Maybe change the launcher for something lighter, like Evie and see what happens?
    10-29-20 01:26 AM
    Definitely recommend a lighter launcher and disabling the hub.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-20 06:59 AM
    Yeah I wouldn't count on the new BlackBerry having HUB+ or the BlackBerry Launcher.... no sign that they have resumed development.

Not sure what not having BES has to do with not wanting to do a Factory Reset.... Utilize Google Drive and Google backup and Google Photos, cloud synced email/contact/calendar, Password Keepers backup options.... and do a Factory Reset. My guess is you see noticeable improvement.
    10-29-20 11:15 AM
    I had similar issues and disabled Hub + services, hub and power centre. The launcher is ok for me and is essential for the pkb shortcuts. I have the 32Gb/3Gb version and always have about 1.4Gb of RAM free and don't get any slowing down
    10-30-20 06:03 AM
    Yeah I wouldn't count on the new BlackBerry having HUB+ or the BlackBerry Launcher.... no sign that they have resumed development.

Not sure what not having BES has to do with not wanting to do a Factory Reset.... Utilize Google Drive and Google backup and Google Photos, cloud synced email/contact/calendar, Password Keepers backup options.... and do a Factory Reset. My guess is you see noticeable improvement.
    Not sure what you are talking about in "resuming development" recently received updates to the HUB and Inbox on my Samsung A71 5G and BE Blackberry KeyOne. Both work well with the 4 work emails we have, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, etc in the HUB.

I also have zero memory issues on either device. I suspect it is some other app or apps contributing to the memory issue. Is the KeyOne a 3GB or 4GB variant? Has the using cleaned up cache and data lately? Maybe download SD Maid and clean things up, ensure all apps are updated and then hold down the power button for 32 seconds to reboot?

My BE KeyOne with 4GB honestly runs damn near as smoothly as my 6GB A71 Galaxy for all the things I use my devices for. *Note I do not have any games loaded on either device.
    10-30-20 05:29 PM