I'm on Verizon and I currenlty use the Priv. I'm about ready to go for the KEYone.

I'm in the U.S.

BestBuy has them for Verizon, but I want to double-check here to know what I'm doing is right.

Is this the right one (best one) to get? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/blackberry-keyone-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-unlocked-cell-phone-for-verizon-silver/5910400.p?skuId=5910400

And is now a good time to buy, or would it be advisable be wait a little longer for an improved version?

Thanks!
    08-31-17 02:19 AM
    Following this one...
    08-31-17 03:40 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I currenlty use the Priv. I'm about ready to go for the KEYone.

I'm in the U.S.

BestBuy has them for Verizon, but I want to double-check here to know what I'm doing is right.

Is this the right one (best one) to get? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/blackberry-keyone-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-unlocked-cell-phone-for-verizon-silver/5910400.p?skuId=5910400

And is now a good time to buy, or would it be advisable be wait a little longer for an improved version?

Thanks!
    Yes that link appears to be the cdma version. Just make sure CDMA capability is confirmed in the specs (in your linked SKU, it is.) Been using it on Verizon since it was released on Amazon with few issues.
    08-31-17 08:53 AM

I'm in the U.S.

Thanks!
    Yes that is the correct model. Under the details the Network type is CDMA. I have been using mine (CDMA and maybe the first one in the US as I received it after winning it at a CB meetup and getting an IOU from CBK as even THEY didn't have one to ship) - only issue I have found is that it not being a true "Verizon" branded phone, their Visual Voice Mail does not work, nor the Wi-Fi calling as these are specific to VZW phones sold by them (this even with them having a BYOD option, as mine is on) but I still check my VM by dialing *86 and I can deal without the Wi-Fi calling. You CAN enable the HD calling and that works fine and the quality is crystal clear.

Battery life is insane and I absolutely love it. Go for it while they are still in stock.
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    08-31-17 09:52 AM
    Yes that is the correct model. Under the details the Network type is CDMA. I have been using mine (CDMA and maybe the first one in the US as I received it after winning it at a CB meetup and getting an IOU from CBK as even THEY didn't have one to ship) - only issue I have found is that it not being a true "Verizon" branded phone, their Visual Voice Mail does not work, nor the Wi-Fi calling as these are specific to VZW phones sold by them (this even with them having a BYOD option, as mine is on) but I still check my VM by dialing *86 and I can deal without the Wi-Fi calling. You CAN enable the HD calling and that works fine and the quality is crystal clear.

Battery life is insane and I absolutely love it. Go for it while they are still in stock.
    agreed completely with all the above.
    08-31-17 10:06 AM

Thanks.

For VVM, I highly recommend YouMail. It has a fee but it's been a godsend for me since I first started using it well over a year ago. Visual, transcription, text alerts, email alerts, blocking. The online interface alone is worth it. It does all VZW VVM does and a lot more and is pretty reasonable. Depends on your needs and budget.

As to the other features, I had a long talk with a tech support supervisor at Verizon two weeks ago and he was pretty confident in telling me the following can all be enabled on the KEYone for CDMA if one gets the proper instructions on how:

- HD Voice
    - WiFi calling / Advanced Calling
    - simultaneous calling and data

I "think" I've seen threads in the forums here saying the same, for all of those features -- yes, including WiFi calling. If searching the forums doesn't get it done I'd be calling Verizon and asking for help. They tend to be pretty good in my experience.

The trick with calling Verizon tech support is to never let the first-level people who answer the phone try to help you. They are not "tech" support! They are Customer Service, even though they "say" they are tech support. They know next to nothing. Always immediately insist in an authoritative but polite way that you need the call immediately transferred to "tier 2 tech support." If they say "I am tech support" say "No, you're not. I'm an advanced tech and I need tier 2 tech support. Thank you."

At that point they will transfer you.

The techs you get at tier 2 really know their stuff and are superb in my experience. (Not all of them, of course, but most. It varies.)

If it's still not resolved after that, try another rep or ask them to get it escalated for you.
    08-31-17 02:35 PM