This phone had so much potential. I've tried my best to love it, but it continues to give me reasons not to. I've had it since July, and every day that goes by that I'm unable to perform basic functions is one day I'm closer to getting rid of it.

The reception issues are abysmal. Now I will admit that I live/work in an already bad reception area. So yes, I'm already at a disadvantage in that department - however even with this being the case, I was still always able to do simple things like text, group text, and use typical apps such as facebook, reddit, and groupme with my old galaxy.

Every time I take this phone out my pocket, you can roll the dice on whether or not I have service. And if I don't I either need to turn on/off airplane mode, or even reboot the phone entirely. It completely interrupts the flow of my day, and often interrupts the flow of conversations. Sometimes i get group texts way late, and people receive mine way too late, which leads to a lot of miscommunication, and has even led to arguments/misunderstandings at times.

Now like I said, I'm in a bad area, and I completely acknowledge this. There are two major dead zones that I travel through every day, where i fully expect to lose service. Unfortunately with this phone, the recovery is a joke. With my galaxy I used to pass through these dead zones and once i was out I'd be right back to 4G....with my KeyOne often times I will pass through a deadzone, and will not have data again until 15minutes later when I'm home and on WiFi. And as I said before, sometimes i will never get it back without resetting my phone.

Right now I'm at work. I've been on groupme throughout the morning. I lost data service at one point for over an hour - I then reset that my phone, and all was back to normal. Honestly wtf, I've been in the same building all day. This is clearly an internal issue. Almost 5 months of this, and I'm absolutely sick of it. Had to get this off my chest.
    11-13-17 10:38 AM
    Many have that issue, many don't.... I'd contact support and see what they say. Haven't noticed anyone who has had sucess with a 2nd or 3rd phone fixing their reception issues. Just seems to be band/device releasted, and just proable makes it not a good device for you.

What network are you one? Where at?
    11-13-17 10:51 AM
    Seems like you either have a bad device or you should try another device. I have heard that the Black Edition has better reception (there is a discussion about it on here).

I can say from personal experience with the black edition that my signal has been solid. Even in areas where I know the signal is bad it will come back up relatively quick. Again, this is a subjective topic because everyone's area is different. Hope you find a device that will help with your signal woes.
    Byrese likes this.
    11-13-17 10:53 AM
    This is really a problem with the reception in your area, it's not a Keyone problem. I've tried different different phones ion the same area and the Keyone is not the problem. It can't be, because as a business phone, reception on this device is a class leader.
    11-13-17 12:00 PM
    This is really a problem with the reception in your area, it's not a Keyone problem. I've tried different different phones ion the same area and the Keyone is not the problem. It can't be, because as a business phone, reception on this device is a class leader.
    Maybe in your market... but there are enough "examples" of users having reception problems for it to be a "KEYone Issue". Those users have compared other devices in the same areas and the KEYone is the common weak link. But it does seem to be limited to certain areas, Networks, Bands, Interference. Maybe it's only 2% of KEYone users, but if your in that 2%, it's not any fun.
    BigAl_BB9900 and gritsinct like this.
    11-13-17 01:57 PM
    Someone did do a YouTube video on holding the keyone from the bottom with out a case. You can see that the signal does drop. That reminds me of those early iPhone 4 models with the antenna problem.

Hopefully those issues are ironed out on future devices.
    11-13-17 02:25 PM
    Maybe in your market... but there are enough "examples" of users having reception problems for it to be a "KEYone Issue". Those users have compared other devices in the same areas and the KEYone is the common weak link. But it does seem to be limited to certain areas, Networks, Bands, Interference. Maybe it's only 2% of KEYone users, but if your in that 2%, it's not any fun.
    But which devices?. It's not scientific in any of our cases. Common sense tells you a business phone is not going to give you worse reception .

The phone is OK.
    11-13-17 02:28 PM
    Someone did do a YouTube video on holding the keyone from the bottom with out a case. You can see that the signal does drop. That reminds me of those early iPhone 4 models with the antenna problem.

Hopefully those issues are ironed out on future devices.
    I've seen that video and did the same test on my Keyone and it does nothing on my phone. The issue is carrier specific in certain areas.
    11-13-17 02:54 PM
    But which devices?. It's not scientific in any of our cases. Common sense tells you a business phone is not going to give you worse reception .

The phone is OK.
    KEYone is the device in question... just do a search on Google for "KEYone reception issues".

"Think" the phone is OK is "most" areas.... it's clear that some have issues, even after replacing the phone.

Business phone... it's just a phone, and one I don't think business are even buying.
    11-13-17 02:59 PM
    i've a new black KEYᵒⁿᵉ and use sunrise as a carrier in Switzerland and sadly have to confirm I sometimes loose reception where I would not with my Classic or Passport - it's not that much an issue yet; I did not have lost calls yer - but once every two days reception gets lost and I'm prompted to go and do a search of available networks, where then the lost network is sitting and waiting for a pick up - this is not nice for a device I payed like 680 bucks! ... I really hope this is software related and will get fixed!
    11-13-17 03:34 PM
    I was lucky enough to unload it back to AT&T before I got locked. Inability to make calls was a deal breaker. Oh well it had promise but me thinks we’ve seen the last pkb BlackBerry device.
    11-13-17 03:55 PM
    Yea any new readers don't listen to people who tell you there are no issues with reception lol

You might or might not have a dud, if you do try exchanging or return and rebuying to roll the dice and hopefully you get better luck.

Enough user complaints already to indicate it is the phone. If you happen to be unlucky. Lots of people without the issue as well .
    11-13-17 04:14 PM
    I was lucky enough to unload it back to AT&T before I got locked. Inability to make calls was a deal breaker. Oh well it had promise but me thinks we’ve seen the last pkb BlackBerry device.
    Don’t get your hopes up on that
    11-14-17 09:47 PM
    I get great reception where I am , basically same across all phones.
    11-14-17 10:45 PM
    Apparently according to a thread on here, people with the November update are showing better reception. Maybe people in here having issues should check it out and use the autoloader to see if that helps.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...oader-1130889/
    11-14-17 10:54 PM
    Seems like you either have a bad device or you should try another device. I have heard that the Black Edition has better reception (there is a discussion about it on here).

I can say from personal experience with the black edition that my signal has been solid. Even in areas where I know the signal is bad it will come back up relatively quick. Again, this is a subjective topic because everyone's area is different. Hope you find a device that will help with your signal woes.
    Ya....it must be his area or somewhere. Mine works just fine.
    anon(10065266) likes this.
    11-15-17 12:29 AM
    After all the difficulty in getting this available, reception was the biggest concern for me.

Pulled the plug and got the Black Edition 4GB off of EBay (US) and have not had ANY reception issues whatsoever. I also have an LG G6 and the reception is comparable and call quality is actually better on the KeyONE.

I think the Black Edition 4GB has some bands that the AT&T does not, not sure if it is the difference or not.
    11-15-17 12:36 AM
    I have had the Black KeyOne for 2 weeks now and the reception on it with T-Mobile has been the best ever and Ive had Sprint Verision and ATT and now T-Mobile and the call quality and signal strength is killer and clear even get signals in BFE.

I guess I have never had any quality issues with my phones
    11-15-17 09:33 AM
    This is quite possibly the most ridiculous answer Ive ever heard. Business phone??? What the hell does that mean... Its a phone. A phone first and foremost is supposed to have the ability to make calls. There are so many reports of bad reception to deny the phone has a hardware issue with reception is just fanboy nonsense. I use and love the phone as well but I can admit that this is a device issue. If in an area where signal is not strong the phone just doesnt get good enough signal to have a conversation without sound going in and out or just disconnecting entirely. It would be refreshing that when there is an actual issue that the fanboys just admit theres something wrong and not just push the issue to something else. Something like "youre holding it wrong".... got it?
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-17 10:45 AM
    This is quite possibly the most ridiculous answer Ive ever heard. Business phone??? What the hell does that mean... Its a phone. A phone first and foremost is supposed to have the ability to make calls. There are so many reports of bad reception to deny the phone has a hardware issue with reception is just fanboy nonsense. I use and love the phone as well but I can admit that this is a device issue. If in an area where signal is not strong the phone just doesnt get good enough signal to have a conversation without sound going in and out or just disconnecting entirely. It would be refreshing that when there is an actual issue that the fanboys just admit theres something wrong and not just push the issue to something else. Something like "youre holding it wrong".... got it?
    I agree that the answer was a bit off. Lol

But to I think it just depends on your particular phone. Sure there are some that have a problem with reception but there are always bad apples. Mine (and many others) just don't have that problem. And I'm not a fanboy either...this is my first BlackBerry ever.
    11-15-17 11:08 AM
    I'm defo no fanboy, and this isn't a true BB anyway. But how stupid could a company be to make a phone that Can't even work as a phone? The Black edition phones we have now should have the early adopter wrinkles ironed out, right?
    If there are many with the problem , they really need to sort it out.
    11-15-17 11:19 AM
    Lmao. That's golden. "It can't be, it's a business phone, it's reception is a class leader" ummm no, its reception is average like every other phone. And if you're unlucky it's reception is messed up.

It's not a class leader in anything lol
    11-15-17 12:23 PM
    Lmao. That's golden. "It can't be, it's a business phone, it's reception is a class leader" ummm no, its reception is average like every other phone. And if you're unlucky it's reception is messed up.

It's not a class leader in anything lol
    It sure is a leader to those who want to push real buttons instead of tapping on a piece of glass.
    11-15-17 03:32 PM
    It sure is a leader to those who want to push real buttons instead of tapping on a piece of glass.
    It's the only device on the market with a pkb...
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-15-17 04:07 PM
    It's the only device on the market with a pkb...
    And that itself is sad... can't believe so many settle for slabs...such an innacurate and bland typing experience.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    11-15-17 04:14 PM
47 12