I have read a bunch of stories about Google rolling out an update to the Android messaging app that will bring RCS to Android phones. Anybody know, or care to hazard a guess about if this will happen for our beloved KeyOne phones?
    11-14-19 04:24 PM
    I have read a bunch of stories about Google rolling out an update to the Android messaging app that will bring RCS to Android phones. Anybody know, or care to hazard a guess about if this will happen for our beloved KeyOne phones?
    There's a thread going on the topic...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1178009

Posted via CB10
    pantagruel_bb likes this.
    11-14-19 04:39 PM
    yes. I have it.

really, it's redirecting messages from sms to jibe.Google.com

device: PRD-63116-042
    SW: abt975
    carrier: att
    pantagruel_bb likes this.
    11-26-19 05:59 PM
    yes. I have it.

really, it's redirecting messages from sms to jibe.Google.com

device: PRD-63116-042
    SW: abt975
    carrier: att
    You got it through the normal update process? Or did you use the workaround?
    11-26-19 07:20 PM
    You got it through the normal update process? Or did you use the workaround?
    I'm using Android Messages beta, no workaround. Did not do anything special.

One day I was presented with a pop-up notification that chat features were ready. I'd been on beta for a while and had forgotten that I was on it.

I loaded beta messages on another device (carrier supported) to see if this was everyone or just this device.

The other device is "still waiting." Looks like it was no more complicated than it was my turn in line.
    11-26-19 07:29 PM
    Just got the update for messages (and carrier services) on AT&T. Voila... RCS enabled.
    12-09-19 05:57 PM
    it's worked for me for a while on my K1 BE on Freedom Mobile Canada
    12-09-19 08:27 PM