The radio app does not use ANY data as already stated a number of times in this thread.

The apps which do use data in the 1000 System series have already been listed above, but I've pinned them down.

UID 1000:

Updates:
    pushplatform.tclclouds.com, and variations of *tclclouds.com (when you check for system updates, but it also connects regularly throughout the day)

Preview
    : aota-blackberry.tclclouds.com (when you check for TCL app updates from within Preview, but it also connects regularly throughout the day)

Qualcomm StatsManQDMA: qdma.qualcomm.com (Qualcomm Telemetry)

I'm still working on which service is polling the timing servers: pool.ntp.org and android.pool.ntp.org

UID 1021: GPS Daemon

Qualcomm IZAT: xtrapath1.izatcloud.net There are two Qualcomm services listed in this one address: XTRA and IZAT.

XTRA is for GPS constellation data, while IZAT is their power saving location service which uses Cell towers and WIFI hotspot locations to provide position. Both upload telemetry (including your position, device, and nearby cell towers and wifi hotspots)

https://www.qualcomm.com/site/privacy/services

time.izatcloud.net (My guess is for timing to aid in GPS?)
    Last edited by chetmanley; 04-20-19 at 11:12 AM.
    04-20-19 10:44 AM
    If you get a call while listening to the radio and couldn't answer because the music was playing and the microphone wouldn't turn on. Then the complaint would be ?
    05-04-19 08:36 AM
    This.

The radio app has an app ID of '1000', which is what all other core Android system apps have. Android's internal logging only appears to break statistics out on a per-app ID basis, so if two or more apps share the same app ID, then their logging data will be munged together. I checked in NetGuard (firewall app), and it lists the radio app reaching out to the same websites as other apps with ID '1000' at the same time, which confirms this.

As such, this app isn't some kind of super-secret spyware or anything. Most of the web domains being accessed by these system apps are TCL's cloud domains, Qualcomm's cloud domains, and Network Time servers. E.g., *.android.pool.ntp.org (NTP), pushplatform.tclclouds.com (TCL), and xtrapath*.izatcloud.net (Qualcomm).
    unless of course the whole core apps of Android (with id of "1000') are collectively (pun intended) a super-secret spyware. Wouldn't be surprised, but would be alarmed. We need a new bb10 phone and get out of the Android /apple spyware.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-04-19 11:51 PM
53 123