Hi
    I changed qwertz keyboard to qwerty. But still have z instead of y when I type on keyboard. How can I change it ?
    I use Android 7.1.1 .
    08-30-18 02:32 PM
    Anyone can help?
    09-01-18 10:15 AM
    You changed the keyboard hardware, but the firmware is still that of a QWERTZ variant, so not sure how to get around that.
    @Bla1ze, @conite ?
    09-02-18 05:18 AM
    Anyone can help?
    Your device PRD identifies itself to the OS as a QWERTZ phone. I don't think you can resolve this. Try a button remapper app?
    09-02-18 07:52 AM
    Your device PRD identifies itself to the OS as a QWERTZ phone. I don't think you can resolve this. Try a button remapper app?
    Could he load the OS of any qwerty variant?
    09-02-18 07:58 AM
    Could he load the OS of any qwerty variant?
    OS builds are all the same. The OS installs the correct software depending on the device variant.
    09-02-18 08:03 AM
    OS builds are all the same. The OS installs the correct software depending on the device variant.
    Maybe there's a specific sub-section of a language in keyboard settings that makes the input QWERTY, no matter what the key layout is
    09-02-18 08:06 AM
    Use swiftkey mate. You can change language, layout, then hide the touchscreen keyboard. I use swiftkey for Indian languages the same way.
    Attached Thumbnails Qwertz to qwerty-24686.jpg  
    09-02-18 08:07 AM
    Maybe there's a specific sub-section of a language in keyboard settings that makes the input QWERTY, no matter what the key layout is
    Not with the BlackBerry keyboard. Maybe another one would work.

Edit: HA! Beat me to it.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-02-18 08:12 AM
    Use swiftkey mate. You can change language, layout, then hide the touchscreen keyboard. I use swiftkey for Indian languages the same way.
    Ok but will he be able to use the QWERTY layout on the physical keyboard?
    09-02-18 08:15 AM
    Yep, that's what I posted above, choose the layout of your choice, hide touchscreen keyboard. I type in Indian languages The same way.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-02-18 08:30 AM
    Yep, that's what I posted above, choose the layout of your choice, hide touchscreen keyboard. I type in Indian languages The same way.
    I cant seem to figure this out. When set the virtual keyboard to a QWERTY layout, the z on the physical keyboard still comes out at y.
    09-24-18 09:54 AM
    I'm confused. You have QWERTZ keyboard that you want to function like QWERTY? That is, you want the physical Z and Y keys to give you the other letter when you type?
    09-24-18 10:00 AM
    I'm confused. You have QWERTZ keyboard that you want to function like QWERTY? That is, you want the physical Z and Y keys to give you the other letter when you type?
    Yes
    09-24-18 11:07 AM
    Okay, so I tried out swiftkey, seems like it only changes the touchscreen keyboard layout, not the physical keyboard. Sorry, I was mistaken earlier. But this is bizarre. Only for English, the phys.keyb is using the layout as is. For any other language, it maps it completely differently. There's no reason it shouldn't map a QWERTZ or AZERTY keyboard to the existing buttons. I can't imagine this is anything other than oversight. I'm drop a feature suggestion in keyboard beta about this. In the meantime try any other keyboard apps, gboard and what not. Maybe one of them works?
    09-24-18 11:31 AM
    In BB10 the swap worked. Not relevant in this context, still it worked.
    09-24-18 01:20 PM