I was planning to buy a qualcomm quick charger 3.0 but when looking and comparing with the original quick charger in the box I find out a comment about quickchargers and regular chargers.

Any form of fast charge, QC. Dash, Adaptive, might be faster but are NOT BETTER than standard SLOW, intelligent charge for NOT DEGRADING battery cycles over time. Another important conclusion is that QC technologies compare over previous gens, as the answer says, obviously for hiding the above. Fast charges are a marketing stunt and together with irreplaceable bats, a clever, convoluted way for companies to implement PLANNED OBSOLENCE and get you to buy a new phone.

So I find more people showing graphics and figures and saying that the cycle and battery life will be shorter with fast chargers,

So in my opinion believing al these stories , it seems to me better using my passport charger.

So what is true?
    07-08-17 07:29 PM
    You are not correct. QC3 is healthiest on batteries. Minimizing heat is job one - and the variable amps/volts of the QC3 charger make it the most efficient charging system. Period.

QC2 (in the box) is step rather than continuously variable, but still a clear second best.

Battery life is also optimized by keeping the charge between 50 and 80%.
    07-08-17 07:39 PM
    So al these stories are not true, you don't know what to believe what you read on the internet . So I should buy a Qualcomm Quickcharger 3.0 ,because the orignal in the KEYone box in a 2.0.

Is there an original qualcomm charger or just buy the Anker qualcomm 3.0 charger.
    07-08-17 07:42 PM
    So al these stories are not true, you don't know what to believe what you read on the internet . So I should buy a Qualcomm Quickcharger 3.0

Is there an original qualcomm charger or just buy the Anker qualcomm 3.0 charger.
    I like Aukey.
    07-08-17 07:44 PM
    I had a Aukey for two times and both died on the DTEK50. So I decided to use the original one that was in the box.
    07-08-17 07:46 PM
    So searching the internet I find out that Q3.0 only charging quicker the first 80% and also more efficient in heat and power consumption then Q2.0.

"Qualcomm calls this Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage (INOV). Quick Charge 2.0 supported a few modes at varying power levels: 5V/2A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.67A, etc. A Quick Charge 3.0 charger “talks” with the device to coordinate the charge rate, and adjusts the voltage between 3.2V and 20V at 200mV increments – that’s 82 different voltage settings, rather than the four from version 2.0. Qualcomm says all this results in “minimized losses, increased efficiency, and improved thermal performance.”

With a 2.0 charger the charger seems to push it his on way, with 3.0 the device pull the demanding power from the charger. It's like filling a pan with water and you turn it on and some water drops jump out of the pan and that is what 2.0 will do so you mostly to late to turn the stream down, but with 3.0 you will turn down the water stream a little by little everytime no drops get out. For both is equal that when the pan gets almost full you turn the water in a small stream from your tap to fill it complet.

No extra battery life, NO damaging the battery and all thanks to the smart in the charger. Here under a a picture where you can see that 2.0 goes in 3 stages where 3.0 charge in 82 stages till the battery is full, so you have a more straight line up.

Quickcharger VS  standaard usb charger-q2q3.jpg

Also don't forget to buy a good cable that support usb-c 3.1 instead of a 3.0. The 3.1 is also used with the samsung S8+, HTC10 and Huawei P9 phones , so you can compare. A good quality and payable cable is the Anker Powerline + USB C kabel. This is with a micro usb-c connector.

A good charger is indeed Aukey or Anker with Qualcomm 3.0 support ,where the last one has longer warranty.

I order from Anker : the Anker PowerPort + 1 charger and the Anker Powerline + USB C.

SO I hope other people can use this on there advantage.

Quickcharger VS  standaard usb charger-bottom.jpg
    Last edited by whatsever; 07-09-17 at 05:27 AM.
    07-09-17 04:48 AM
    You are not correct. QC3 is healthiest on batteries. Minimizing heat is job one - and the variable amps/volts of the QC3 charger make it the most efficient charging system. Period.

QC2 (in the box) is step rather than continuously variable, but still a clear second best.

Battery life is also optimized by keeping the charge between 50 and 80%.
    Well...... between the quick chargers, QC3.0 is the best for battery health. However, the ultimate best for battery health is to use a standard charger (5V, 2A max) for everyday use and only use QC when you need to. Since the KEYone's battery life lasts me through the day easily, I have decided to use the charger that came with my PRIV, which is a 5V, 1.3A charger for overnight charging.

This website gives a good technical overview:

https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...act-on-battery
    07-09-17 09:04 AM
    I like Aukey.
    On your recommendation I bought two of the three port chargers, one for the living room and one for my office. The question I have does it matter which port my cables are plugged into, the quick charge port or one of the other two?
    Those chargers are extremely well built.
    07-09-17 10:37 AM
    On your recommendation I bought two of the three port chargers, one for the living room and one for my office. The question I have does it matter which port my cables are plugged into, the quick charge port or one of the other two?
    Those chargers are extremely well built.
    The orange connectors are QC3. Green is fixed voltage.
    07-09-17 10:39 AM
    The orange connectors are QC3. Green is fixed voltage.
    Thanks.
    07-09-17 10:44 AM
    I've actually decided to use a BlackBerry 5V 750 mA charger for my KEYone for overnight charging. The basis for my decision is that there is absolutely no point to charge the KEYone quickly since it lasts easily through the day.

Using a 750 mA charger will keep heat to the absolute minimum and ensure the non-replaceable battery lasts longer.
    07-16-17 02:31 PM
    750ma is only a bit above idle draw on most modern phones. That would take forever, and wouldn't have the phone ready for an emergency. IMO, it isn't worth it.
    07-16-17 06:10 PM
    I will give it a shot tonight. If it is charged by the morning, I'm good!
    07-16-17 07:30 PM