So I've been with with BlackBerry since the Torch, currently have a Q10 which I still like, but lately its started rebooting on it's own, I have no room for updates, WhatsApp has stopped working completely and I use WAZE daily and the tiny map is just to hard.

Sooo, time for the newer and better B.

I have a few questions, which I hope everyone will be able to help with, including some Australian related questions which I hope fellow Aussies can assist with.

1- Do I have to be careful who/where I buy from, regarding making sure it works in Australia? Say I buy from Ebay USA or Asia?

Meaning are there different types of models that have different cell connections (not sure of right term)?

I would also like it to work around the world (with a local sim) so is that an issue/ Never had an issue with my Q10.

2- I have seen some reviews saying to scaling is an issue as its not a normal smartphone sized screen. Is this something that can be fixed with updated?

3- re updates, does the Keyone have regular updates like the Q10 and other phones did? Or is it all different now that it's really Android?

Like, with the Q10 whenever there was a major annoying issue, and new software update fixed it, even with camera clarity, etc. Will that still happen?

4- What do I need to know beforehand about a warranty? In the past I went to Blackberry when I had an issue (first to Telstra). Now where would I go, and if I buy , say from USA via ebay, secondhand, how would that affect me and a warranty?

5- Anything else I am not thinking of that I should be checking before buying? I'd appreciate any input.
    08-26-17 08:30 AM
    So I've been with with BlackBerry since the Torch, currently have a Q10 which I still like, but lately its started rebooting on it's own, I have no room for updates, WhatsApp has stopped working completely and I use WAZE daily and the tiny map is just to hard.

I have a few questions, which I hope everyone will be able to help with, including some Australian related questions which I hope fellow Aussies can assist with.

1- Do I have to be careful who/where I buy from, regarding making sure it works in Australia? Say I buy from Ebay USA or Asia?

Meaning are there different types of models that have different cell connections (not sure of right term)?

I would also like it to work around the world (with a local sim) so is that an issue/ Never had an issue with my Q10.

2- I have seen some reviews saying to scaling is an issue as its not a normal smartphone sized screen. Is this something that can be fixed with updated?

3- re updates, does the Keyone have regular updates like the Q10 and other phones did? Or is it all different now that it's really Android?

Like, with the Q10 whenever there was a major annoying issue, and new software update fixed it, even with camera clarity, etc. Will that still happen?

4- Anything else I am not thinking of that I should be checking before buying? I'd appreciate any input.
    my Friend. I think you will be happy with KEYᵒⁿᵉ. If you will get it, buy the USA-Canada device with model number BBB100-1.
    08-26-17 08:33 AM
    [QUOTE=aussie99;13001493]So I've been with with BlackBerry since the Torch, currently have a Q10 which I still like, but lately its started rebooting on it's own, I have no room for updates, WhatsApp has stopped working completely and I use WAZE daily and the tiny map is just to hard.

----------------
    Jbhifi are the authorised bbmobile seller for Australia. They're selling the KEYone for $899, or through company or uni or alumni discount, and it's then at $799.

It's the same version as the US/CA, but comes with aus plugs.

----------
    No scaling issues at all.

---------
    Yes, monthly security updates, and reasonably regular BlackBerry app updates.

4- What do I need to know beforehand about a warranty? In the past I went to Blackberry when I had an issue (first to Telstra). Now where would I go, and if I buy , say from USA via ebay, secondhand, how would that affect me and a warranty?
    ----------
    Bbmobile has a warranty repairer in sydney, but you'd go through jbhifi in the first instance.

5- Anything else I am not thinking of that I should be checking before buying? I'd appreciate any input.
    -------
    Here's the thread that will answer lots of your questions :
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-room-1103017/
    08-26-17 09:03 AM
    Thanks, Selimp and Heavens.

I will go to that thread and respond there.
    08-27-17 02:14 AM
    I bought it form JB-HIFI which provided me 2 yrs warranty one form blackberry one from jb itself. The model number was BBB100-1
    08-27-17 05:48 AM