I live near Barcelona, but I'm going to be visiting family in Bournemouth the last week of July, and I've seen that there are a few stores stocking the Key1, Currys or Carphone warehouse for example.

They are not availabloe in Spain and I don't know if they'll ever end up in FNAC or MediaMakt.
    At the very least I'd like to get my hands on the thing.

Any updates on the situation in the UK and if there might be a second batch of 'fixed' Keyones by that time?

thanks
    07-01-17 06:32 AM
    I bought my KEYone on the 29th of April at CPW in the Selfridges store in Oxford Street. I've not had a single problem or issue with mine so far. As it happens I also took out the 12 month extended warranty, which I do as a matter of course as accidents that aren't covered by a manufacturers warranty are all covered, my choice.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-01-17 07:15 AM
    Same here, got mine from CPW about 3 weeks ago and no problem with it. I've been using it to the max and love it ! Weird you don't have it in Spain yet - seen them in the shops around Europe (Germany, France, Romania, NL).
    07-01-17 07:40 AM
    yes, which is why you'd think it'd turn up here as it's a huge mobile market.
    The Keyone was given it's world premiere in Barcelona at the World Mobile Congress FFS !!!
    The only BBs I've seen are the Dtechs in FNAC.
    Well, down in Bournemouth I hope to get some pkb contact!
    Thanks
    jamesharmeling and rx8er like this.
    07-01-17 11:39 AM
    I got mine from CPW and also had no issues. it's a great phone - get one!
    07-01-17 12:06 PM
    yes, which is why you'd think it'd turn up here as it's a huge mobile market.
    The Keyone was given it's world premiere in Barcelona at the World Mobile Congress FFS !!!
    The only BBs I've seen are the Dtechs in FNAC.
    Well, down in Bournemouth I hope to get some pkb contact!
    Thanks
    Just noticed that the screen on mine lifted a bit in the lower right corner . Emailed TCL and BlackBerry Mobile as I don't want to go to the shop and get a replacement with the same issue. My advice? Don't rush
    07-01-17 05:40 PM
    Exactly!! A poor show as they delayed launching to get it right. Yes, my idea is to test and wait .
    07-02-17 01:35 AM
    got mine six weeks ago , fantastic phone, even better than the Passport

been using mine in Javea , Spain for over 2 weeks .... no issues at all
    07-02-17 04:10 AM
    Also got mine from CPW around 3-4 weeks ago now and no issues.
    07-02-17 12:55 PM
    Hi. Where did you get it and which operator are you with? What will you do for possible complaints or repairs? I know there's an 'official' BB service shop in Barcelona that is outsourced to cover this. Don't know how good they are.
    I'm Vodafone.
    07-02-17 02:04 PM
    got mine six weeks ago , fantastic phone, even better than the Passport

been using mine in Javea , Spain for over 2 weeks .... no issues at all
    Hi. Where did you get it and which operator are you with? What will you do for possible complaints or repairs? I know there's an 'official' BB service shop in Barcelona that is outsourced to cover this. Don't know how good they are.
    I'm Vodafone.
    07-02-17 02:05 PM
    hi, I got mind from CPW in UK , I am on EE ..bought it unlocked
    I have no issues the phone switches between Orange ( No EE in Spain ) and movistar...

was going to change to Vodafone because they had cheapest roaming charges but looks like EE is now the same since the changes in June
    Any repairs, ( all perfect at the moment ) I would try to go either through CPW or Blackberry mobile

hope you get it , I think it is a brilliant phone ,
    07-02-17 02:22 PM
    tweeted about the problem and been approached by BlackBerry Mobile in private giving me the Hotline number and asking when I have bought it, assuring me the local offices will support me on this matter. to be updated tomorrow after I call them
    07-02-17 03:06 PM
    bournemouth

Boscombe (C'church Rd)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, 561 Christchurch Road, Boscombe, DORSET
    BH14AH
    1.79 miles
    Out of stock
    Product is out of stock in this store

Bournemouth
    UNIT 10, MALLARD ROAD Retail Park, MALLARD ROAD, BOURNEMOUTH
    BH8 9PN
    2.55 miles
    Out of stock

Blandford (Salisbury St)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, 25, Salisbury Street, Blandford Forum
    DT11 7AU
    15.66 miles
    Out of stock

Southampton (Shirley)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, 43 Shirley High St, Southampton, @CPW_Shirley
    SO15 3NN
    24.07 miles
    Out of stock

Southampton WestQuay
    Unit 5B, WestQuay Retail Park, Southampton
    SO15 1BA
    24.21 miles
    Out of stock

Your nearest store with item In stock
    Newport (Isle Of Wight)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, 51 HIGH STREET, NEWPORT, ISLE OF WIGHT
    PO301SB
    25.62 miles
    In stock

how far are you willing to go?
    07-02-17 03:51 PM
    you can check device availability in CPW website

nothing available in bournemouth but there is one in Newport, Isle of Wight.
    if you really want to go there...
    07-02-17 04:01 PM
    hi, I got mind from CPW in UK , I am on EE ..bought it unlocked
    I have no issues the phone switches between Orange ( No EE in Spain ) and movistar...

was going to change to Vodafone because they had cheapest roaming charges but looks like EE is now the same since the changes in June
    Any repairs, ( all perfect at the moment ) I would try to go either through CPW or Blackberry mobile

hope you get it , I think it is a brilliant phone ,
    nope. cheapest roaming/best data plans is on Three UK
    herr_tan likes this.
    07-02-17 04:02 PM
    bournemouth

Boscombe (C'church Rd)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, 561 Christchurch Road, Boscombe, DORSET
    BH14AH
    1.79 miles
    Out of stock

Bournemouth
    UNIT 10, MALLARD ROAD Retail Park, MALLARD ROAD, BOURNEMOUTH
    BH8 9PN
    2.55 miles
    Out of stock

Blandford (Salisbury St)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, 25, Salisbury Street, Blandford Forum
    DT11 7AU
    15.66 miles
    Out of stock

Southampton (Shirley)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, 43 Shirley High St, Southampton, @CPW_Shirley
    SO15 3NN
    24.07 miles
    Out of stock

Southampton WestQuay
    Unit 5B, WestQuay Retail Park, Southampton
    SO15 1BA
    24.21 miles
    Out of stock

Your nearest store with item In stock
    Newport (Isle Of Wight)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, 51 HIGH STREET, NEWPORT, ISLE OF WIGHT
    PO301SB
    25.62 miles
    In stock

how far are you willing to go?
    Thanks for the research, but Oh, that's bloody brilliant! Loads of stores and ALL out of stock.
    Actually, the last time I was back we went to The IoW!! nice trip, and a good excuse to go back, but I won't be back long enough this time worse luck.
    Hopefully, they'll be restocked by July 26th to 31st when I'm over.
    That will tell us a lot about whether this model has any future or not. The fact that it's sold out is good news. The fact that there are known problems and it's not being restocked in loads of stores is definitely not a good sign.
    Fingers crossed ...
    07-02-17 05:33 PM
    Amazon UK has stocks, the price looks expensive but it is not when you go into the menus
    £495 delivered I believe
    07-03-17 04:27 AM
    Amazon UK has stocks, the price looks expensive but it is not when you go into the menus
    £495 delivered I believe
    The point is that the current first batch has a high incidence of production faults. For a change I'm going to be patient and wait till we have some official news on these faults and the solutions. In fact I'd been waiting since the beginning of the year for the S8 and then the Keyone was announced and I decided to wait for that too. Coming from my current S7edge the S8 hasn't impressed me enough for the 900 euros it costs, and I'd really like to give the Keyone a go in its second edition. And if i can get my hands on it somewhere in Dorset at the end of July that would be brilliant!!!!
    "Good things come to those who wait", they say.
    Last edited by mrsimon; 07-03-17 at 11:57 AM. Reason: correction
    07-03-17 11:54 AM
    Your best bet will be Carphone and all variants of Carphone (Currys, PC World, Dixons etc.). Alternatively there's Amazon and unlocked mobiles who have them online.

I, like the rest, collected it at Carphone. No issues.
    07-03-17 12:01 PM
    Ok, I'm a bit confused about this CPW and CFW. I notice that they have them in Currys for 499GBP free delivery, which 569 euros at today's rate, cheaper than the RRP €600.
    Putting the prices in pounds is misleading as the phones seem cheaper than they are.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=21C6zKTq

but I'm trying to find a store availability checker for Curry's but can't find the option if there is one. Or are they the same store? Were the options further up the thread for Curry's as well? It's seems like "Wessex city" is well provided for by this chain. so, yes, I could buy if I wanted but want to at least get my hands on it and try and snap it in half in the shop before buying (as you do).
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=srD5jgkY
    Just joking! um .... well.... actually ....

Thanks for any help from UK viewers
    Last edited by mrsimon; 07-03-17 at 12:15 PM. Reason: adding links
    07-03-17 12:09 PM
    get that , but Amazon have ran out several times so many it's new stock
    what I like about Amazon is the returns policy... any problems just send it back
    I bought 2 dtek 60 from them

good luck with your search 👍
    07-03-17 12:11 PM
    Ok, I'm a bit confused about this CPW and CFW. I notice that they have them in Currys for 499GBP free delivery, which 569 euros at today's rate, cheaper than the RRP €600.
    Putting the prices in pounds is misleading as the phones seem cheaper than they are.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=u1rC40B_

but I'm trying to find a store availability checker for Curry's but can't find the option if there is one. Or are they the same store? Were the options further up the thread for Curry's as well? It's seems like "Wessex city" is well provided for by this chain. so, yes, I could buy if I wanted but want to at least get my hands on it and try and snap it in half in the shop before buying (as you do).
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=G_PrTh4F
    Just joking! um .... well.... actually ....

Thanks for any help from UK viewers
    Yup, usually you have small section of CPW in each Curry's.
    However, i'd look at separate CPW stores on the high street or within the shopping malls. These are usually bigger and have more items to chose from, and most chance it will have a display unit.

I know that CPW in Nottingham Victoria centre definitely has one on display.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 02:10 AM
    just call CPW direct, they will post it next day service if u call before 2pm. That's how I purchased mine and no horror stories.
    07-04-17 03:16 AM
    just call CPW direct, they will post it next day service if u call before 2pm. That's how I purchased mine and no horror stories.
    The more I see it the more I like and want it, but I'd really just like to be able to try the product out first on principle.
    Hoping they get it in again by the end of July, and I don't rule out buying it on the spot! Especially if I get the feeling that it's an improved batch. It's made in China, so what should I expect?
    07-04-17 07:56 AM
30 12