Hey guys. So I bought the KEYone from Selfridges during the initial sale period. Im based in Dubai, UAE. And my screen has started lifting up on the lower left part. I saw the support number on the BlackBerry Mobile website and I contacted the UAE support. According to them they will only repair the phone by replacing the screen. But I thought all the phones that have this issues would be replaced? According to them this is what BlackBerry Mobile asked them to do. Is it okay to have them just "fix" my phone?
    08-18-17 04:38 AM
    check with global Support if UAE support is authorised then it would be fully guaranteed and just as importantly your data will still be on your phone
    08-18-17 04:42 AM
    It's better that way, you don't have to re-setup your phone
    08-18-17 02:01 PM
    I certainly would not count on data being retained if it is shipped off.
    08-18-17 08:53 PM
    Hey guys. So I bought the KEYone from Selfridges during the initial sale period. Im based in Dubai, UAE. And my screen has started lifting up on the lower left part. I saw the support number on the BlackBerry Mobile website and I contacted the UAE support. According to them they will only repair the phone by replacing the screen. But I thought all the phones that have this issues would be replaced? According to them this is what BlackBerry Mobile asked them to do. Is it okay to have them just "fix" my phone?
    I own two KeyOne(s).
    I am in the US.

One I purchased out of the UK shortly after K1 release and the second I purchased on Amazon about a month later as a spare.

My UK variant is / was my daily driver until the screen popped off last week.
    The phone worked fine, touch gestures and all. It just became a dangly display once dislodged.

I contacted BlackBerry, they sent me a new phone Monday and it arrived Tuesday.

They asked for my credit card number 'Just in case the phone got wet, damaged or otherwise non warranty damaged'.

This is pretty standard and quite normal in an RGA or RMA warranty case.
    I ask the same of my customers during a warranty claim.
    I have yet to ever charge a customer and I expect BlackBerry to do this in much the same manner (That is to not charge me)

I am quite pleased with the warranty process and I LOVE my BlackBerry KeyOne.

If the screen pops out of this one as well, I will cross that bridge then.

The moral of this story; **** happens.
    I dropped my KeyOne quite a few times before the screen let go.

I hope that this is helpful for those interested.

I know the haters gonna hate and I couldn't care less.

Long live BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry

Best Regards

Christopher (Butch) Owens
    JWW likes this.
    08-18-17 10:02 PM
    I own two KeyOne(s).
    I am in the US.

One I purchased out of the UK shortly after K1 release and the second I purchased on Amazon about a month later as a spare.

My UK variant is / was my daily driver until the screen popped off last week.
    The phone worked fine, touch gestures and all. It just became a dangly display once dislodged.

I contacted BlackBerry, they sent me a new phone Monday and it arrived Tuesday.

They asked for my credit card number 'Just in case the phone got wet, damaged or otherwise non warranty damaged'.

This is pretty standard and quite normal in an RGA or RMA warranty case.
    I ask the same of my customers during a warranty claim.
    I have yet to ever charge a customer and I expect BlackBerry to do this in much the same manner (That is to not charge me)

I am quite pleased with the warranty process and I LOVE my BlackBerry KeyOne.

If the screen pops out of this one as well, I will cross that bridge then.

The moral of this story; **** happens.
    I dropped my KeyOne quite a few times before the screen let go.

I hope that this is helpful for those interested.

I know the haters gonna hate and I couldn't care less.

Long live BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry

Best Regards

Christopher (Butch) Owens
    Hi bro, is it possible for you to let me know the exact email address you contacted for claiming a warranty for your keyone in the UK?
    08-18-17 10:36 PM
    take it back to Selfridge's. I took my keyone back to CPW when my screen kept blacking out; the lady in the shop said that BlackBerry's have a 2 year warranty that covers manufacturer faults. she said that when it gets sent away I'd either get the same device back (repaired) or a brand new one. they sent it to the repair Centre, it was then sent to the main repair Centre in wednesbury, after almost 3 weeks I was told it was back in the shop to collect. they gave me a brand new device manufactured only last month and it is faultless in every aspect
    08-18-17 11:06 PM
    take it back to Selfridge's. I took my keyone back to CPW when my screen kept blacking out; the lady in the shop said that BlackBerry's have a 2 year warranty that covers manufacturer faults. she said that when it gets sent away I'd either get the same device back (repaired) or a brand new one. they sent it to the repair Centre, it was then sent to the main repair Centre in wednesbury, after almost 3 weeks I was told it was back in the shop to collect. they gave me a brand new device manufactured only last month and it is faultless in every aspect
    I would but as I said. Im based in Dubai,UAE.
    08-19-17 04:50 AM
    Well, unfortunately this has happened to me as well. I had the device for a month when the screen popped out and gave me a hell of a fright!

So, on August 6th I contacted them and sent the device on the following working day. The repair center sent me an email with all the info, and confirming that they received the phone and 2 days later I had the phone in my hands. So far, so good. Except to the fact that it was my old phone, but with the screen repaired. I contacted Blackberry again, because I was told that I would get a new phone and not the old one repaired, because they said it could eventually pop out again!

Now, 10 days after, I am still waiting on the new phone and every time I contact them, they are very rude and seem a bit in the dark about the whole situation, blaming it on the repair center here in Germany. I was told on Wednesday that I would get a new phone after two days, and today, 3 days later that still didn't happen. I phoned once more and they told me again 2 days, so Monday or Tuesday next week. Which I also don't think will happen, but I'm hoping to be surprised by them!

It is very frustrating having to deal with this, specially when it all was so good and fast at first. The deadline of one week is now 13 days...and counting..... and on the last phonecall, it was suggested to me to just keep this repaired phone and avoid the hassle of getting a new phone and having the risk of the screen popping out again.

So I ask myself...did they really fix the issue or is that something that they just say for their customers to feel a bit safer? I feel like somehow they have no idea of how to deal with this and what to do to keep their customers happy.
    08-19-17 07:07 AM
    My phone just got sent in with a speaker issue. They said to do a backup because the first thing they do to you phone is factory wipe it. So regardless your data is gone.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-17 12:31 PM
    what is the email address for the UK support team?
    08-19-17 08:26 PM
    08-20-17 07:28 PM
    what is the email address for the UK support team?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12942492
    08-20-17 07:59 PM
    Try skyping the number that's listed on blackberry mobile's website under "support". Make sure they know that, as of June 10th, blackberry mobile announced they will replace any screen separated keyone with a factory warranty replacement. Do not tell them of any cause other than the screen just came off.
    08-20-17 08:12 PM
    anyone?
    Please update the situation
    08-26-17 11:57 AM
    I bought my keyone from Axiom in Dubai UAE. I've noticed that the screen is popping out from bottom left and I have my fears that it might come off completely. Can anyone tell me if I can claim a warranty replacement device from either BlackBerry Canada or BlackBerry US since I'm not in UAE.
    09-11-17 08:21 PM
    I bought my keyone from Axiom in Dubai UAE. I've noticed that the screen is popping out from bottom left and I have my fears that it might come off completely. Can anyone tell me if I can claim a warranty replacement device from either BlackBerry Canada or BlackBerry US since I'm not in UAE.
    First of all, apply some scotch tape near the top and bottom corners on both left and right sides. You do not want the screen totally separating and tear the screen cable.

The KeyOne Support info thread:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-1113727-new/
    09-12-17 12:21 AM