My beautiful KEYone arrived Friday afternoon. (Thank you CBK, Bla1ze and Michelle-- it was a worth the wait IOU!). T-Mobile is my carrier, and I plan to continue to use my PRIV as a back up and set up T-Mobile's Digits on it. T-Mobile did a promo a while back where they gave out an extra sim card with its own number which I will be using for my KEYone.
    My question:
    Is it better to use the same gmail address as I used for the PRIV, or use a separate one. What are the pros and cons of doing it either way. In searching the internet I found a little info about this but not much. The gmail address I used for my PRIV is one I do not use for regular email correspondence. If I use a new email for my KEYone, my plan is to create an email for it as I have done for the PRIV.
    If anyone has started using Digits it would be great to hear how that goes for them as well.

I know some people do not use gmail at all but this is a question for those who have used two android phones at the same time and set them up using gmail with them.
    06-19-17 06:35 PM
    One benefit of using the same Gmail / Google Account is that you won't have to repay for any apps you already own.
    06-19-17 06:42 PM
    One benefit of using the same Gmail / Google Account is that you won't have to repay for any apps you already own.
    That's two different issues. There's no reason you can't use the same Google account on both phones and use two different GMail accounts for email.

The Google account can use any email address, not just GMail.
    christenmartin likes this.
    06-19-17 06:56 PM
    ... My question:
    Is it better to use the same gmail address as I used for the PRIV, or use a separate one. What are the pros and cons of doing it either way. In searching the internet I found a little info about this but not much. The gmail address I used for my PRIV is one I do not use for regular email correspondence. If I use a new email for my KEYone, my plan is to create an email for it as I have done for the PRIV.....
    You can used the same email account on both phones. If you sync all the same folders (with IMAP, not POP3), it should look exactly the same on both phones. If you haven't used the PRIV for a while and go back to it, it will just take a bit longer to re-sync all your email folders.
    06-19-17 07:02 PM
    I got Digits for free because I was in the Beta program, so my "real" Sim is in my iPhone and my spoof Sim is in my KEYone.

I never had android before, and always used my Gmail for garbage email, like adding my name to lists, signing up for non important stuff, etc. my Gmail account has thousands of junk messages.

I signed in using the Gmail account, but then turned off Gmail syncing, so I don't notified of those junk messages.

I then turned on my iCloud and Outlook email accounts within the Hub. I would keep your Gmail account on whichever device you'll be using more to reply.. which I recommend the KEYone for, as the keyboard is really nice to type on.
    06-19-17 09:18 PM
    Thank you for the answers so far. I am wondering if it would make a difference with the "find your phone" tracking if I were to lose one of my phones if I use the same account for the PRIV and the KEYone. I only tried that once to see if it worked with my PRIV. I almost had to use it once when I forgot my PRIV a place. I had left it at the post office. Whew, it was there and they had held it for me.
    The gmail address I use for correspondence is not the same as the one I use as the account for my PRIV. I set it up to get a few emails that are specific to the phone use but that I wouldn't need to look at frequently. I do not have it set up in the hub.
    @SK122387 I am really curious as to how Digits works. The timing couldn't have been better. As I understand it, I will be able to take calls on my 2nd phone that are made to my 1st phone. Depending on my mood and what I will be doing, I can take either phone.
    06-20-17 04:31 AM
    Thank you for the answers so far. I am wondering if it would make a difference with the "find your phone" tracking if I were to lose one of my phones if I use the same account for the PRIV and the KEYone. I only tried that once to see if it worked with my PRIV. I almost had to use it once when I forgot my PRIV a place. I had left it at the post office. Whew, it was there and they had held it for me.
    The gmail address I use for correspondence is not the same as the one I use as the account for my PRIV. I set it up to get a few emails that are specific to the phone use but that I wouldn't need to look at frequently. I do not have it set up in the hub.
    @SK122387 I am really curious as to how Digits works. The timing couldn't have been better. As I understand it, I will be able to take calls on my 2nd phone that are made to my 1st phone. Depending on my mood and what I will be doing, I can take either phone.
    You can use the Find My Phone app on any device and sign in to whatever gmail account the lost device uses and see its location.

You can also sign into Gmail and have its own icon but *not* have it in the Hub.

Digits is exactly that. It will work even better with two Androids than between an iPhone and Android, because I have my iMessage set as being default, which means messages sent from an iPhone to my iPhone don't come to my KEYone unless I turn off iMessage (which sends as data) and have it sent as SMS.

Between Androids and my KEYone though, I get those text messages like normal, not just within the Digits app. So texts come in through the regular text message app on my KEYone and I reply from there and the recipient just sees it as my regular phone number replying.

For calls, the KEYone rings about a second after the iPhone rings, and picking up either one connects the call; making calls can be done on either just by dialing and the recipient just sees my regular phone number appear--it's probably exactly what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.
    06-20-17 10:27 AM
    Is "digits" method of using both priv and keyOne at same time only available to TMO carrier subscribers? I'm on Vzn, so not available to me right ??
    06-20-17 04:27 PM
    It's a Tmo specific thing, yes.
    06-20-17 06:45 PM