I'm pretty happy with the keyone after using the priv as my daily driver for well over a year. I will say, though, I never had any of the issues that a number of people have had with the priv. It never overheated, was never laggy and generally didnt give me any issues at all. I really like the priv and I was quite hesitant to switch over to the keyone. I got the ATT black edition and am not having any of the screen lift or signal strength issues, so I'm feeling very fortunate. Bottom line for me, the priv was an excellent phone for me and the keyone seems to be following suit
    09-18-17 04:15 PM
    Really liked my Priv for nearly two years, and after 2+ weeks with the AT&T KEYone, sure glad I made the move to upgrade...best BB yet! No lag or heat, great battery life, and the PKB is just there...no sliding and sure works nice as a scrolling trackpad in vertical or horizontal viewing. Also recommend the Seidio Surface case and holster.
    09-18-17 10:37 PM
    The PRIV is inferior. Not even a discussion.
    The thread should've ended here.
    09-19-17 03:04 AM
    The thread should've ended here.
    UNLESS, one is only an occasional user of the PKB. The Priv has a full-size display, which is definitely a plus for many people.

If the slide is a preference, the Priv is the only, and therefore the best, option.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-19-17 07:50 AM
    As much as I love the KEYᵒⁿᵉ I still prefer the PRIV. I wish Blackberry would have fixed the issues and re released it.
    09-19-17 12:01 PM
    From what people tend to say about the Priv, it almost seems like the overheating of the SD808 is a hidden feature called BB Stove or something, I mean people reported that it got too hot to the touch. And there are other issues, black screen of death etc... If this phone wasn't so inconsistent hardware wise (according to the forums) I would have bought one to go along my K1.
    09-19-17 12:55 PM
    PKB experience is better with the K1 for me. With the Priv, when I use the PKB, the phone feels top heavy. I have to type and keep the phone from tipping over. With the K1, it's balanced. I don't have to use my thumbs to type and hold on to the phone at the same time.

That said, the on-screen keyboard of the Priv was great. If the K1 is not around, I would have happily kept on using my Priv.
    09-19-17 04:59 PM
    2016 Priv is better than 2015 Priv.
    I have 5 Priv units and 2016 version is a very good device.

I bought 1 K1 and sold it, it was lagging all day.

will wait to the newer K1 versions to make a reliable statement but in my case Priv is phenomenal.

regards
    Wow! I've also had a very good experience with my Priv. Has been a great phone. I will be getting the KEYone Black Edition soon, but my Priv has been solid.
    09-22-17 06:08 AM
    Can you take the rear camera out of the Priv and put it in the KeyOne or probably more useful take the front facing camera out of the KeyOne and put it in a Priv.
    09-23-17 07:58 PM
    Although I made the switch to the KeyONE, I would have been happy to stay with the PRIV for a couple more years. I don't play games, so I don't recall any issues with overheating, as others did.
    09-23-17 08:31 PM
    I find the PRIV screen a LOT better than my K1, but I love everything else about the K1.
    09-23-17 09:14 PM
61 123