I think that keyone is faster because it has fewer pixels to push. I did the hack that allowance to change Priv to 1080p and the phone runs much better and it does not get as hot anymore. there is visible improvement for priv with lower resolution. I would rather get keyone but I think I should wait until special edition with 4Gb of ram and 64gb of storage shows up here.
    08-13-17 04:33 PM
    I love the phone and yes it is the best blackberry phone with android in it till date . Yes you can update .
    08-13-17 04:40 PM
    And yes I have the black edition phone 😋
    08-13-17 04:42 PM
    I'm the exact opposite as I use a KEYone and plan on getting the PRIV..........as a backup of course! Idk why I suddenly really want this phone too, but I really hope the horror stories of struggling to get 2.5 hours SOT are far behind, seeing as the new updates and Android MM addressed those issues. If it can last as long as a Slabsung S7, then it's decent enough for me to take the plunge.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to get a Passport SE as an compliment to your collecting?
    08-19-17 04:15 AM
    If you're after a big improvement in battery life, a bigger keyboard and faster overall phone performance, it's time to upgrade. If you prefer the larger screen of the Priv for media, maybe stay put for now and wait for the limited edition black version to become more readily available. Although, I'm not sure if the extra GB of RAM will help all that much unless you're running a lot of apps at once.
    08-19-17 05:07 AM
    2016 Priv is better than 2015 Priv.
    I have 5 Priv units and 2016 version is a very good device.

I bought 1 K1 and sold it, it was lagging all day.

will wait to the newer K1 versions to make a reliable statement but in my case Priv is phenomenal.

regards
    Amazing! I'm so glad you posted because my Priv is also excellent and I can't understand why I am seeing all the negative posts. I am going to buy the Limited Edition Black KEYone if and when it becomes available, but my Priv is really great.

Thanks for posting.
    08-19-17 07:09 AM
    was it worth it upgrading from priv to keyone or if we could do it again you would just keep the money and just use priv. I am a little bit hesitant to upgrade to keyone from priv. same memory same storage etc. perhaps I should wait for special edition with 4gb of ram AMD double storage.
    Worth every penny (minus the screen fall out, which got fixed and the replaced my model)

Used my Priv for a week while K1 was getting repaired, and I feel like I've been living in the past. The phone lag is nonsense on the Priv and handling feels old.

k1 is hands-down another 9900 but a bit larger and few more features while losing a few BlackBerry essentials. Hands down would always go with the k1
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-19-17 01:44 PM
    I upgraded to KEYone and haven't looked back. My daughter is using my old Priv and likes it, but I don't let her touch my KEYone.

Better battery, better typing experience (in my opinion,) much faster app updates, no overheating issues, easier access to keyboard shortcuts, all make it a better device for me.
    100+
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-19-17 09:43 PM
    The KeyOne's battery life is phenomenal! I forgot to change my device Thursday night. Went to work on Friday with my KeyOne blinking at 13%. Realized with some horror on Saturday evening that I forgot to charge it (at 4%). Twenty-five minutes before my shift (6pm), I plugged it in for 10 minutes and made it to the non-blinking 16%. Granted, I didn't use it, but right now it is at the same 16% (at 1am) maybe I couldn't use it for anything extraneous, but nice to see it would be available for emergencies.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-17 12:03 AM
    Priv keyboard has spaces between the rows so it's better for typing IMO.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...54d1f598fc.png
    Wash your hands dude...your screens are nasty.
    08-20-17 12:14 AM
    I have both device keyone as primary and secondary Priv/passport. both are equally good perhaps keyone is best for battery and texting. keyone is must buy for Bb fans.
    08-20-17 08:37 AM
    I have both device keyone as primary and secondary Priv/passport. both are equally good perhaps keyone is best for battery and texting. keyone is must buy for Bb fans.
    How's the Priv overall as a backup device? Can get through a day? Assuming BT and Wifi off, resolution bumped down etc...
    08-20-17 08:45 AM
    priv easily will give a day backup considering notification and push Support. the major battery drains app is facebook. I have removed facebook.
    08-20-17 08:49 AM
    was it worth it upgrading from priv to keyone or if we could do it again you would just keep the money and just use priv. I am a little bit hesitant to upgrade to keyone from priv. same memory same storage etc. perhaps I should wait for special edition with 4gb of ram AMD double storage.
    I like the feel of the label Priv but the heating and lag and other issues brought me to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ with some better function but very toy-like ...perplexed
    08-20-17 10:15 AM
    was it worth it upgrading from priv to keyone
    From my experience, NO it wasn't worth the upgrade. The keyone's keyboard, battery are much better and I like the finger print scanner but thats about it. The speaker phones volume/quality is super low and the mic is also trash people complained daily that they couldn't hear me. Also the shotty build quality with the screen popping off is just unacceptable. Yesterday while I had it on my counter face down when I lifted it the screen popped off, I haven't even dropped it once. I'd at least wait until the black version is available if you're serious.

Kevin's test was what it was. But I'd like to see him try it with a slightly weathered keyone, not one fresh out the box where the glue hasn't been exposed to the heatof daily use.

Rogers said 2-3 weeks before I get it back. The guy at the rogers store said he dealt with 10 screens popping off. That's not counting the other employees at his location.
    08-20-17 12:48 PM
    From my experience, NO it wasn't worth the upgrade. The keyone's keyboard, battery are much better and I like the finger print scanner but thats about it. The speaker phones volume/quality is super low and the mic is also trash people complained daily that they couldn't hear me. Also the shotty build quality with the screen popping off is just unacceptable. Yesterday while I had it on my counter face down when I lifted it the screen popped off, I haven't even dropped it once. I'd at least wait until the black version is available if you're serious.

Kevin's test was what it was. But I'd like to see him try it with a slightly weathered keyone, not one fresh out the box where the glue hasn't been exposed to the heatof daily use.

Rogers said 2-3 weeks before I get it back. The guy at the rogers store said he dealt with 10 screens popping off. That's not counting the other employees at his location.
    too late lol. I just got keyone ...
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-20-17 12:49 PM
    keyone black does not feel as sturdy as passport. keys are super glossy and feel soft. as the passport runs on BBOS thus it's hardware does not feel lacking.
    except the large size passport has nothing shorter than keyone.
    a dual sim dual camera passport with android wold be my ideal device.
    08-20-17 12:50 PM
    too late lol. I just got keyone ...
    Enjoy it bro it's a nice phone I hope you have better luck than I did.
    08-20-17 12:52 PM
    Enjoy it bro it's a nice phone I hope you have better luck than I did.
    I do not enjoy paying $679+tax again but I decided to maka a move because of 1. better battery life 2. better camera 3. better performance 4. keyone staying cool

I like Priv but Priv is like a small child. sometimes is perfect and sometimes it starts acting up.

KeyOne is only blackberry phone in a long time that has consistently good reviews.
    08-20-17 02:04 PM
    In my opinion and use case, the only improvement would be to make the BlackBerry KEYone with the same form factor was the BlackBerry Bold 9700 or possibly the BlackBerry Q5.

In terms of my thoughts about BlackBerry PRIV versus BlackBerry KEYone, after using both smartphones, each has its strengths and weaknesses. Overall I like both of them equally but if you made me choose only one smartphone it is the BlackBerry KEYone because of the always present physical keyboard.
    08-20-17 02:15 PM
    Amazing! I'm so glad you posted because my Priv is also excellent and I can't understand why I am seeing all the negative posts. I am going to buy the Limited Edition Black KEYone if and when it becomes available, but my Priv is really great.

Thanks for posting.
    Agreed. I have enjoyed my BlackBerry PRIV.
    08-20-17 02:16 PM
    In my opinion the phone is better in nearly every category, absolutely love it!

The only gripe I have is the keyboard coating, this is more sticky compared to other blackberry, meaning that my fingers sometimes stick to it a bit and the swipe gestures are not always as easy to perform.

But in all other categories, this phone is awesome!
    09-14-17 07:42 AM
    100% worth it to upgrade from PRIV. I used the PRIV since the first week it released on Verizon and loved the device but it's non compatible to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    09-14-17 08:03 AM
    I have both. In think that there are three reasons that would justify upgrading to b the KEYone :

1) KEYone ships with Nougat, and TCL has said it will receive Oreo.

2) KEYone is better for dedicated PKB users.

3) Battery life is exceptional.

Finally, in would say that, in general, it's best to use a device for a long as possible in a rapidly evolving, competitive category like Android phones. The next generation of phones will certainly be better than anything available today. Don't ever upgrade early if you can help yourself!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-17 08:31 AM
    I love my Priv. It turned heads (so awesome for a BlackBerry), but honestly, it grew warm (hot!) at times. I love my tech...I make adjustments (most will not).

When I heard about the KeyOne, I was disgusted by the tech. I love my keyboard, though, and my Q10 has failed me at turns (most recently). Must say that my KeyOne has gone above what was anticipated. And I think that says something.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 12:42 AM
61 123