was it worth it upgrading from priv to keyone or if we could do it again you would just keep the money and just use priv. I am a little bit hesitant to upgrade to keyone from priv. same memory same storage etc. perhaps I should wait for special edition with 4gb of ram AMD double storage.
    08-10-17 06:25 AM
    The keyboard is larger than the PRIV so better access forsure! Having the latest os really streamlines android apps! they run better! Overall alot of improvements with the OS! Much more stable!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-19-17 at 04:08 AM.
    08-10-17 06:31 AM
    I had the priv and the keyone is much better device faster and a better keyboard. I do think blackberry will release a higher spec device next time but it will be at a higher price. If your not looking at gaming the keyone is a good device.
    08-10-17 06:32 AM
    I've just (reluctantly) upgraded from Passport to Priv to Keyone.
    The Passport was my first BB device and I loved the PKB...amazing! However the lack of apps was a let down.

The Priv was great. Massive screen real estate, however the PKB was a nightmare to use with my stubby male thumbs so I didn't really use it. The Keyone on the other hand, I would say the PKB is almost as good as the Passport--clearly on a smaller scale but easily manageable with two thumbs.
    The device itself is a massive upgrade to the Priv--fast--fluid and no lag.

I wouldn't have paid the full asking price (£500 GPB) but managed to get one from eBay in mint condition for £300 GBP and its been a worthwhile investment. If you can get a cheaper/used version for something similar its worth the risk. However, for the full retail price, I'd think twice!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-17 07:15 AM
    We have both in our household. After frustratingly waiting for Google Maps to do its thing on my Priv, I opened Maps on the KEYone and it was significantly faster. In general the KEYone is a faster phone. I don't game so I cannot speak to that. But you do lose out on screen real estate, OLED display, and no HDMI out (with an adaptor)
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-17 08:42 AM
    was it worth it upgrading from priv to keyone or if we could do it again you would just keep the money and just use priv. I am a little bit hesitant to upgrade to keyone from priv. same memory same storage etc. perhaps I should wait for special edition with 4gb of ram AMD double storage.
    The PRIV is inferior. Not even a discussion.
    James Pelletier likes this.
    08-10-17 09:59 AM
    the keyboard is larger than the PRIV so better acces forsure! arrested having the latest os really streamlines android apps! they run better! Overall alot of improvements with the OS! Much more stable!
    You sure keyone's keyboard is larger than priv? Priv's keyboard is slightly wider and longer.
    08-10-17 10:12 AM
    You sure keyone's keyboard is larger than priv? Priv's keyboard is slightly wider and longer.
    that is what I thought as well that Priv keyboard is wider.
    08-10-17 10:43 AM
    I think you'll find that the width and height of the two keyboards are very similar. The PRIV's keyboard appears to be wider because it is in a sliding tray with a bezzle around it.
    08-10-17 10:45 AM
    The Priv is SLOW and I constantly got a notification that it was backing off services until the phone cools down. Google play app updates take forever to install on the Priv and the K1 can install at least 10 app updates to 1 on the Priv. There's no comparison between these devices, the K1 is light years ahead.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-10-17 10:45 AM
    My apologies haven't used on in over 2yrs, I just guessed at the size but I do remember the keys being smaller tho!
    08-10-17 10:57 AM
    My apologies haven't used on in over 2yrs, I just guessed at the size but I do remember the keys being smaller tho!
    The keys on the KEYone have more travel and give better physical feedback VS the flatter keys in the Priv.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    08-10-17 11:05 AM
    I think you'll find that the width and height of the two keyboards are very similar. The PRIV's keyboard appears to be wider because it is in a sliding tray with a bezzle around it.
    Priv keyboard has spaces between the rows so it's better for typing IMO.

08-10-17 11:26 AM
    I upgraded to KEYone and haven't looked back. My daughter is using my old Priv and likes it, but I don't let her touch my KEYone.

Better battery, better typing experience (in my opinion,) much faster app updates, no overheating issues, easier access to keyboard shortcuts, all make it a better device for me.
    FF22, chertik0ff, GPuba and 1 others like this.
    08-10-17 12:03 PM
    I grabbed a KEYone while I still have my PRIV. Typing on the KEYone feels much better and is easier I find. The feel of the KEYone is fantastic and I find I can use it with one hand. Having the fingerprint in the spacebar is awesome! You don't realize how nice it is not having to type in or do a screen unlock and just how much time it saves you! That feature alone was a device changer for me. The battery life is way better than the PRIV and the operating system is better on the KEYone.

I would suggest making the change. I have not regretted it. The KEYone is a fantastic phone and it also takes fantastic pictures!
    Oiche-Shamhna likes this.
    08-10-17 09:32 PM
    I bought the BlackBerry PRIV on release day and the BlackBerry KEYone on release day. Both smartphones are very good. I prefer the always present physical keyboard reminiscent of traditional BlackBerry smartphones. I am keeping my BlackBerry PRIV as a backup device.

In my opinion, switching from the BlackBerry PRIV to the BlackBerry KEYone is a personal choice.
    08-10-17 09:41 PM
    With my PRIV, I mostly started typing on the (automatically displayed) software keyboard lots of times and then didn't want to switch to the hardware keyboard mid-message. And when typing on the hardware keyboard, it felt cramped because of the speakers below and the difficult-to-hold weight distribution. Also it got hot relatively easy and the battery didn't last a full day with heavy use. However, the screen was gorgeous.

The KEYone however ... is a beast. Typing just feels "right". It has the perfect size. (Although I could use a smaller version, too.) and the battery lasts almost 2 full days with heavy use and leaving the phone on standby (no aeroplane mode!) over night. The display is also very good - my only gripe is that I can't see it when wearing my polarised sunglasses when the phone is in landscape orientation (e.g. car navigation). And the camera could use some OIS at times...

But I just love this thing.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-11-17 06:23 AM
    I grabbed a KEYone while I still have my PRIV. Typing on the KEYone feels much better and is easier I find. The feel of the KEYone is fantastic and I find I can use it with one hand. Having the fingerprint in the spacebar is awesome! You don't realize how nice it is not having to type in or do a screen unlock and just how much time it saves you! That feature alone was a device changer for me. The battery life is way better than the PRIV and the operating system is better on the KEYone.

I would suggest making the change. I have not regretted it. The KEYone is a fantastic phone and it also takes fantastic pictures!
    I'm the exact opposite as I use a KEYone and plan on getting the PRIV..........as a backup of course! Idk why I suddenly really want this phone too, but I really hope the horror stories of struggling to get 2.5 hours SOT are far behind, seeing as the new updates and Android MM addressed those issues. If it can last as long as a Slabsung S7, then it's decent enough for me to take the plunge.
    08-11-17 08:15 AM
    I must be very lucky. My Priv only overheats when using Waze in my car during this sunny days in Spain.
    It is considerably slower than K1 or my broken Xperia Z5 when installing or updating applications, but not that unacceptable for me.
    I feel this is a great phone and a good replacement for K1 as it is not being distributed in Spain yet. Now I can wait for the K1 until the Indian version or an improved one is sold here.
    08-11-17 11:45 AM
    2016 Priv is better than 2015 Priv.
    I have 5 Priv units and 2016 version is a very good device.

I bought 1 K1 and sold it, it was lagging all day.

will wait to the newer K1 versions to make a reliable statement but in my case Priv is phenomenal.

regards
    08-11-17 12:59 PM
    I have both and love them both for different reasons. I am using T-Mobile Digits to be able to access either one with my main phone nr. and use a Sim and extra number that T-Mobile issued as a promo some months ago on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    1. I love the larger screen on the PRIV. KEYᵒⁿᵉ's screen is fine, though, for most uses.
    2. PKB: This may sound strange, but I like the PRIV PKB as much or more than KEYᵒⁿᵉ's more for typing. But the KEYᵒⁿᵉ software for the PKB works better. Setting up and using programmed keys is much better on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I almost exclusively use the PKB on the PRIV, by the way. I don't mind sliding it out. I like it and like the satisfaction of snapping it closed when done with writing and sending something.
    3. Unlocking: The fingerprint reader on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is awesome. One of the features I like best. Unmatched.
    4. Generally, my KEYᵒⁿᵉ runs way smoother than my PRIV. It is more nimble and responsive. And it stays cool for most usage. Accessing Google maps or Waze esp. on a hot day can make my PRIV feel as though it has a fever. I haven't used maps or Waze much on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ yet.
    5. The speaker sound on my PRIV is better than my KEYᵒⁿᵉ if I want to listen to something, just using the phone. I haven't tried my Bluetooth speaker on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ yet so can't comment on that.
    6. Battery: I LOVE the long battery life of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ! I have to catch myself to not be concerned when it is at perhaps 35% (usually after 18 hours or so) because, as most know, my PRIV doesn't hold a charge for nearly as long. With moderate use I get 24 to 30 hours on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Both the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and PRIV charge quickly if you use the right quick chargers.
    7. Camera: I am still learning how to use the KEYᵒⁿᵉ camera. It is much quicker than the PRIV and takes great photos. I have been very pleased with the results. However, I have had a lot of practice with the PRIV camera and, especially for scenes, and also macro still shots, the PRIV holds its own. Of course the front facing camera on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is much better than the PRIV's. My 'someday' dream phone down the road in the future (we can dream, can't we?) would be a flagship slider with all the best aspects of both phones, with upgraded specs all the way around.
    FF22, krazyatom and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-11-17 02:22 PM
    Battery life and keyboard and overall speed are leaps ahead.
    08-11-17 05:56 PM
    @Sigewif

Your few actually likes priv keyboard better than K1 and I am one of them. I just don't like feeling of glass keyboard.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-11-17 06:41 PM
    The Priv was a good but not great phone. I also had lots of problems with mine. I love my KEYone.
    08-11-17 09:03 PM
    My battery life is longer, my device doesn't get as hot and the keyboard is more intuitive.

I am FULLY aware of the KeyOne's issues, but thus far, have not encountered them. I feel paranoid everyday...but have grown that way outside of CrackBerry, so will place no blame.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-17 12:40 AM
61 123