I'm hoping the fanboys, like myself, can put aside their bias and help me make a decision. I have a Priv and it's unfortunately starting to suffer from slowdown.

My question is how does the KEYone perform? Is it always snappy? Do any apps not work properly due to the screen resolution? I wanna make the switch but I'm afraid it'll be another expensive mistake.

Please and thank you.
    07-09-17 09:49 AM
    I switched from the priv about a month ago. I actually loved the priv, maybe more than the ketone, but the priv just did not work that we'll (heat, slowdowns, etc). I have had no issues with slowdown or heat with the ketone. all apps work fine.
    07-09-17 10:01 AM
    I'm hoping the fanboys, like myself, can put aside their bias and help me make a decision. I have a Priv and it's unfortunately starting to suffer from slowdown.

My question is how does the KEYone perform? Is it always snappy? Do any apps not work properly due to the screen resolution? I wanna make the switch but I'm afraid it'll be another expensive mistake.

Please and thank you.
    Subjectively speaking, I could never return to the Priv. This K1 hits home and fills in the gaps that the Priv could not. It's simply a better device.

Factually speaking, I won't say a word. Instead, feel free to watch this video demonstrating the performance between each side-by-side.

Shifty88 and Gelzz like this.
    07-09-17 10:08 AM
    I sold my Priv within two weeks of buying a KEYone. There's no way I'm ever going back. The KEYone just delivers - no lag, great battery and awesome form factor. Go buy one now!
    ce71 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    07-09-17 10:27 AM
    Thanks for all the replies and that one video. It's been helpful. I'll have to think seriously about buying one. They're kind of expensive unfortunately. Good to know they're not another disappointing device.
    07-09-17 11:00 AM
    I made the switch about a month ago , no regrets! the KEYone is definitely a very good device and it's definitely much snappier than the PRIV.
    Absolutely better keyboard and battery life is nearly the double ,if not more !
    07-09-17 11:48 AM
    I was one of the unfortunate ones that has the screen come off. So while I waited for the replacement keyone I had to go back to my PRIV. I can safely say that I imidiately missed the keyone. when I got it back it was like night and day. I liked my PRIV and was lucky to have a good build but stii over heated and slowed down. I don't have the issue on my K1. if you look around you will see allot of comparisons to the high end phones and the K1 may be slightly behind them but considering its very close and you pay a few hundred less and they will be hitting the charger a few times a day while you are working away on the K1 it's feels pretty good.
    ce71 likes this.
    07-09-17 02:32 PM
    I'm definitely a BlackBerry user and a PRIV fanboy. I had my PRIV since launch but finally made a switch to the KEYone and OMG for some odd reason the KEYone's snapdragon 625 blows the doors out of the PRIV's 808! it's three times as fast, no overheat, and the battery life is four times better! PRIV on screen time was best 2-4 hours depending on what you're doing, the KEYone is around 10-14 hours on screen time depending on watching youtube or just emailing. I love the PRIV but honestly I don't think about it now unless someone mentions it. hope this helps! Get the KEYone!!!
    07-09-17 10:54 PM
    for me, PRIV was everything except the over heating and the battery.
    Keep in mind I went from the Passport to PRIV and at the time I had mixed feelings.
    From PRIV to KEYone, man it's LYFE for me.
    I'm actually satisfied since the day's of Torch & Passport.
    I've become lazy when launching Apps via short cuts. Hardly oping the app tray/drawer.
    Video / pics are awesome on it. Miss typing but at the same time i miss the full screen typing / flickering.
    The only thing I'm annoyed if the Android Pay. But that's about it.
    07-10-17 08:28 AM
    I moved from the Priv to the KEYone a week ago. My Priv was great, didn't lag or heat up like most did. But I got tired of sliding the PKB our and I prefer the form factors of the Bolds, Classic and now KEYone vs the slider. I absolutely love the KEYone. fantastic battery life, feels solid (we shall see about screen and keyboard issues) and very efficient processor. No regrets at all in purchasing this. Amazon had a 6 month pymt plan which made me take the leap. I definitely recommend the K1.
    07-10-17 08:40 AM
    for me, PRIV was everything except the over heating and the battery.
    Keep in mind I went from the Passport to PRIV and at the time I had mixed feelings.
    From PRIV to KEYone, man it's LYFE for me.
    I'm actually satisfied since the day's of Torch & Passport.
    I've become lazy when launching Apps via short cuts. Hardly oping the app tray/drawer.
    Video / pics are awesome on it. Miss typing but at the same time i miss the full screen typing / flickering.
    The only thing I'm annoyed if the Android Pay. But that's about it.
    What about Android Pay?
    07-10-17 08:59 AM
    What about Android Pay?
    it's not working at all for me here in Canada lol
    that's all lol
    07-10-17 09:04 AM
    it's not working at all for me here in Canada lol
    that's all lol
    Oh. I have it working fine. You gotta check with the company who handles the cards you wanna use. There are a bunch of banks out here that don't wanna jump on board and instead want you to use their mobile payment apps, such as TD. I hooked it up to my Canadian Tire MasterCard and it works like a dream.
    07-10-17 09:06 AM
    Oh. I have it working fine. You gotta check with the company who handles the cards you wanna use. There are a bunch of banks out here that don't wanna jump on board and instead want you to use their mobile payment apps, such as TD. I hooked it up to my Canadian Tire MasterCard and it works like a dream.
    Oh Nice, I'm with Scotia Bank, there on board, I'm apparently registered and Android pay is up today but every time i use it and even at the participated places that take it, it's always card reader error
    so I kinda stopped trying to get it to work
    07-10-17 09:08 AM

Please and thank you.
    Outside of the problems I've experienced (battery heats up, low cell signal, dropped wifi signal), I have enjoyed usage of the BB K1: YouTube, WhatsApp, Facebook, KakaoTalk, and regular browsing. Although I work from home and have a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, and smart TV, I continue to be lazy and use my KeyOne for pretty much everything. Even checking the news and weather (vs turning on the TV). I don't doubt that iphone or Samsung users might enjoy a bigger screen/higher resolution, and faster speeds in their app usage or even using the internet, but for the price point and it's functionality - it does a great job. I must note however, that on top of previously mentioned issues, that I do experience crashing of the aforementioned apps intermittently. But, then again...no smartphone is truly and completely perfect. Hope this helps.
    07-10-17 01:47 PM
    Simply put, the Keyone is on another level. Like others have said, all the issues that the PRIV had are solved by the Keyone. I too have sold mine after weeks of Keyone use.
    07-10-17 05:48 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Priv and a Passport. I was one of the lucky winners for the BlackBerry KEYone during a CrackBerry event in my city and received the KEYone approximately one week ago.

What I can say about the BlackBerry Priv is that I like how it looks. However, it is sluggish and mine gets very hot when I play games or stream/update a lot of apps at the same time. In fact, I often get the "cooldown" message on my Priv.

With roughly the same apps installed on my KEYone, the KEYone is snappier than my BlackBerry Priv. It also doesn't suffer from the overheating issue running the same games or streaming/updating apps.

Neither of these phones are as fast/snappy as my ZTE Axon 7.

I do really like the KEYone and I'm trying to get used to the keyboard since I carry 2 phones with me (work phone and personal phone) and these were the Passport and my ZTE Axon 7. Excluding the fact that the Passport requires the screen for numbers/symbols, I find the keyboard on the Passport to be superior to the KEYone as well as the Priv.
    07-10-17 06:06 PM