So, every BlackBerry I've had... I've had to change all the settings to maximize the battery life. Dimmed screen, no back light, adjusting the time the screen stays on... Actually this isn't a BlackBerry problem... it's a smart phone problem!

Anyway... I've heard great things about the KEYone battery and I fell in love with the phone at a recent meet-up in Kitchener... again the battery life was widely praised.

My question for users/owners: What modifications have you made to the settings to extend the battery life? Are modifications even needed?
    05-23-17 11:08 PM
    You can easily get through a long day of heavy use without jumping through hoops.
    Last edited by conite; 05-24-17 at 10:13 AM.
    05-23-17 11:11 PM
    Have made zero modifications. It has great battery life out of the box.
    05-23-17 11:46 PM
    It is pretty great. With my previous smartphones I could see the battery level going down during heavy use but with KEYone that's not the case. I could go 10 minutes of heavy use and have the same percentage. I don't have any battery saving tweeks on. I even have a custom LED app on that eats a little more battery and still get a full day at least. I think 30% is the lowest I've got in 24 hours
    05-24-17 01:59 AM
    I have 2 email accounts and to minimise hit on the battery I only sync every 15 minutes. But after 2 business days I often have 50% battery life left.
    05-24-17 02:14 AM
    I have done zero modifications to preserve battery life, in fact I often don't even disable Wifi even though I am not using it. Usually the K1 gets me 9-10 hours of screen on time and results in being charged every second night only. In less busy days it gets on the charger the third night only. My only habit of saving battery life would be enabling flight mode when I am asleep.

Keep in mind though battery life is a difficult topic and can vary greatly from user to user. For example I am not running any social media apps like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, which are known to be rather heavy on the battery.
    05-24-17 03:43 AM
    So, every BlackBerry I've had... I've had to change all the settings to maximize the battery life. Dimmed screen, no back light, adjusting the time the screen stays on... Actually this isn't a BlackBerry problem... it's a smart phone problem!

Anyway... I've heard great things about the KEYone battery and I fell in love with the phone at a recent meet-up in Kitchener... again the battery life was widely praised.

My question for users/owners: What modifications have you made to the settings to extend the battery life? Are modifications even needed?
    0 modifications, only I turned NFC off as I don't need it. but location is on, and I get 2 days of battery life easily with heavy usage! this is the best battery on any smart phone. period!
    05-24-17 04:14 AM
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Can't wait until I can see it for myself
    05-24-17 09:56 AM
    For the moment I have a constant runtime of about 35 to 37 hours which includes around 7hrs SOT.
    I currently have 84 apps installed and increasing. Additionally I have two private email accounts and MobileIron MDM with the company's own Email account using Symantec Touchdown email client.

The above numbers are my current averages over the last 2 weeks since I have the KeyOne.

Basically i'm charging every second day. It's just awsome.
    Attached Thumbnails Question about the battery life (for owners)-30604.jpg  
    05-24-17 10:55 AM
    For the moment I have a constant runtime of about 35 to 37 hours which includes around 7hrs SOT.
    I currently have 84 apps installed and increasing. Additionally I have two private email accounts and MobileIron MDM with the company's own Email account using Symantec Touchdown email client.

The above numbers are my current averages over the last 2 weeks since I have the KeyOne.

Basically i'm charging every second day. It's just awsome.
    If you can, for best battery health, you're better to charge every night whether it needs it or not.

Lithium ion is healthiest when charged between 50 and 80%.
    05-24-17 10:56 AM
    You are right but i'm still in the try out phase for the moment and I will switch to normal mode soon ;-)
    05-24-17 11:00 AM
    I don't have a Keyone yet, but will likely get one in the future. For now I'm on my Priv.

I believe LTE can be a major contributing factor to 1-day battery life. Since LTE has gone live here in Metro Vancouver, I've always disabled LTE, relying on HSPA+ instead. Sure, latency goes up and download speeds go down. But you know what? The phone spends 85% or so of its battery life (4.5 - 5 hour SOT) with the screen off. Don't think the phone really needs LTE to sync email, and give me notifications. Maybe downloading web pages takes a tad longer, but not a big deal. Wifi is there when I need it, both at work and at home.

The result? A good 20-30% increase in battery life. From what I reckon, 36 hours on a charge on the Priv with a 4.5 - 5 hour SOT is pretty darn good. The impact of not using LTE on my use patterns? None.

If you can live with the BIG inconvenience that is HSPA+ (geez, talk about 1st world problems), consider using it instead of LTE. Your battery will likely thank you for it.
    Last edited by ajwan; 05-24-17 at 01:02 PM.
    05-24-17 11:45 AM