What are some good-natured comebacks if someone makes remarks or teases you because your KEYone has a physical keyboard? In one of the threads someone wrote that the only negative thing he had experienced about the KEYone was the teasing he got because of having a phone with a physical keyboard. Sometimes people are just curious, sometimes they really want to know more about this unique new phone in a sea of slabs.
    What can be said that gives random people second thoughts? Most of them are not going to know what the keyboard can do. Do you have a comeback that will make them think, if not say, hmmm,interesting. Or, I might like one of those. Of course, there is usually someone in the circle of family, friends or co-workers, who just likes to be sarcastic. A cleaver comeback, at least can get them off your back. try to approach it from a positive, marketing perspective.
    06-20-17 04:48 AM
    I say that the physical keyboard allows me to respond in complete sentences with correct grammar and punctuation with extreme accuracy and speed. No acronyms required. Then again well constructed communication is becoming a lost art so the person you are replying to may not care and think the keyboard is dumb anyhow. In those cases I just say "I'm old and like things a certain way."
    DolemiteDONS, FF22 and guizmox like this.
    06-20-17 05:30 AM
    OKEYone KEYnobi says : "Here's your father's physical keyboard. This is the weapon of a Crackberry Knight. Not as clumsy or as random as a virtual one. An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age."
    06-20-17 07:10 AM
    "The jerk store called, they're all out of you"?
    06-20-17 07:18 AM
    wouldn't you be happy if once again you could send well thought out, literate messages without autocorrect, back space, auto correct?
    06-20-17 07:18 AM
    Most of the responses has been very typical of what I normal hear when yielding a BlackBerry.

1. "They still make BlackBerrys?"
    2. "Do you mind if I try it?"
    3. "I like the way this feels. I used to use a BlackBerry. That is all I ever had. I miss typing on an actual keyboard"

Then inevitably they ask me what I like about the phone. I myself have always preferred the build quality of a BlackBerry (with the exception of some phones such as the Priv). I have always felt that if I am spending my hard earned money on a phone that I want it to feel as though its worth the price. But what I refer to most wen ask is that, while I am slower typing on the PKB, I am MUCH more accurate. The speed that is lost in typing is more than made up for by not having to reread every text message that I send out and make corrections to. I am also spared the embarrassment of some erroneous autocorrects.
    06-20-17 07:31 AM
    The truth doesn't need to be validated by ignorance. I was in T-Mobile returning a G6 and one of the reps asked what type of phone I was using, I advised, they asked to see it - I held it up to their face - they longed and responded it looked neat/cool (paraphrasing) - I provided them information on where to purchase .

Upon my departure, the other one said "enjoy your BlackBerry" - the archaic tone in her response, she was clearly operating with preconceived notions and old hierarchy. A mindset such as that has way more pressing matters than providing them "quality" comebacks - just because someone asks a question I'm not obligated to reply. It's a waste of time - I don't need to explain to a stranger why I use the phone I use or what I spend my money on - if they want to assume and associate BlackBerry with a negative connotation oh well - nothing I say is gonna change their limited thinking ability, they don't even take the time to educate themselves what do I look like wasting "my" time.

*Post script: I had originally wrote out my first thought reply and did I not hit the home/back button and lost it all -_- - gonna train myself to type certain things in a note app like keep when my fingers get to going fast I sometimes hit those stupid buttons!
    06-20-17 08:21 AM
    Yep. It's only for those in the know.
    06-20-17 08:24 AM
    I say I'm old school and can't get on with a VKB, and autocorrect has no chance of keeping up because I'm on eof those "swallowed the thesaurus" types that uses a wider vocabulary than really necessary (not to mention native slang and imported words).

I also point out the a blackberry is optimized for communication- emails, texting, etc whereas an android/ apple is optimized for multimedia, which is what most people want, so they're definitely not for everyone.
    06-20-17 09:43 AM
    The first thing I do is show off the keyboard short cuts.
    drcharlton likes this.
    06-20-17 09:57 AM
    In my 24 days with the KEYone, I have had only three comments. Strange only 3, as I have had it out in front of a lot of people. They are as follows:
    1. "Is that a new Blackberry? That is a sick looking piece" (Best Friends son)
    2. "What is that, that is cool" (Airport Starbucks girl in Maui)
    3. "Is that a Blackberry?, how is the keyboard? Do you like it?" (Waitress in Maui)

I have to admit, I was disappointed having been on airplanes for over 22 hours the last 2 weeks, I thought at least one person on the plane would ask "What is that?"
    Last edited by JOHNGAETANO; 06-20-17 at 11:03 AM.
    kitmo likes this.
    06-20-17 10:23 AM
    Not having to worry about auto correct.. Typing without looking.
    06-20-17 11:00 AM
    I usually say something about why I like my BlackBerry, and then say something about how everyone has an iPhone or Samsung and I hate having the same basic stuff as everyone else
    guizmox likes this.
    06-20-17 11:10 AM
    My enthusiasm for the simple things I almost take for granted spills out. One of the things I show people first is how the keyboard let's you scroll using it instead of the screen.
    drcharlton likes this.
    06-20-17 12:21 PM
    If they are indeed trying to make fun of you, then you don't need to reply. Just go "Pshhhh," roll your eyes, and walk away. if you want to say something, you can say "Iphone/Samsung's got nothing on this"

If they are genuinely curious about the device, then show them some cool features of the keyboard and just tell them your experience with it.
    06-20-17 02:36 PM
    I also point out the a blackberry is optimized for communication- emails, texting, etc whereas an android/ apple is optimized for multimedia, which is what most people want, so they're definitely not for everyone.
    Although were years past that advantage. You mean BB10 maybe? Aside of the keyboard BB is now in an android stream. Best communication devices were built by BB itself, tcl is another story with generic antennas , speakers etc.

Majority of BB devices i touch and feel fantastic. always first choice as a business device, people around me love the feel and look each time i get a new device.

2010-11 att store employees would nearly always lean towards BB away from android etc. when suggesting a device.
    06-20-17 02:56 PM
    I usually let them play around with it for a bit, then tell them that I was a BB fan and user back before anyone had one - and still am, now that very few have them. I like to not follow the herd.
    06-20-17 02:57 PM
    06-20-17 02:59 PM
    I'm happy with my phone, and your judgemental opinions mean nothing to me.
    pooyam likes this.
    06-20-17 03:00 PM
    Not having to worry about auto correct.. Typing without looking.
    It's funny that one of the posters above said how accurate they could be with the pkb yet had a spelling / typo in the same sentence :-)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-20-17 03:02 PM
    After working on my KEYone all day I sill have 12 hours of battery life left. #nomiddaychargeneeded
    Last edited by Nels; 06-20-17 at 03:49 PM.
    06-20-17 03:39 PM
    After working on my KEYone all day I sill have 12 hours of batter life left. #nomiddaychargeneeded
    My phone can do that also. Not a good one lol
    06-20-17 03:47 PM
    'PKB Shaming' is a thing now?

Seriously, these are just phones.
    pooyam likes this.
    06-20-17 03:51 PM
    I've never been the target of KB ribbing but certainly the BlackBerry logo has received comments.
    06-20-17 03:52 PM
    Most of the responses has been very typical of what I normal hear when yielding a BlackBerry.

1. "They still make BlackBerrys?"
    2. "Do you mind if I try it?"
    3. "I like the way this feels. I used to use a BlackBerry. That is all I ever had. I miss typing on an actual keyboard"

Then inevitably they ask me what I like about the phone. I myself have always preferred the build quality of a BlackBerry (with the exception of some phones such as the Priv). I have always felt that if I am spending my hard earned money on a phone that I want it to feel as though its worth the price. But what I refer to most wen ask is that, while I am slower typing on the PKB, I am MUCH more accurate. The speed that is lost in typing is more than made up for by not having to reread every text message that I send out and make corrections to. I am also spared the embarrassment of some erroneous autocorrects.
    So you were typing this on a virtual keyboard then, right? Because the physical keyboard prevents errors.
    06-20-17 06:27 PM
43 12