I'm running a few apps on my Q10 that store information on the phone, rather than save on each app's server. I'd like to be able to back up the application data correctly so that I don't have to start over in the games or lose information in the others.

I assume I'd have to use Android software since they are Android applications.

I tried "Super Backup" and it told me, "Your phone is not rooted. We can only back up the APK."

I tired "App Backup" and it said the backup was successful, however, I have no way of testing that until I restore the app. If it didn't create the backup file correctly, I won't know until I test it on the new phone, and realize that all the information was lost.

In 1-2 of these apps, the second my account starts over, the information is lost, even if I log back in from my Q10. I know it's weird, but that's what happens.

The question in all of this is, do you know of any backup software for Android applications that will run as I need it to on the Q10 so I can transition over to the KeyOne smoothly without losing the application data that I need to keep?

Thank you.
    06-02-17 05:33 AM
    Android apps store their "private" data (e.g. account info, etc.) in separate areas which are not accessible by other apps. That's why you need root to make a proper 100% backup.

On a native Android device, you could enable developer mode and try out backing up the data with the "adb" developer tool. But I doubt this will work on the BB10 Android emulator.

So unless those apps don't offer some sort of export/import feature or you can move the data to the "SD card", you're out of luck. (You could try asking the developers of those apps what they were thinking...)
    bigballofyarn likes this.
    06-02-17 05:59 AM

I tired "App Backup" and it said the backup was successful, however, I have no way of testing that until I restore the app. If it didn't create the backup file correctly, I won't know until I test it on the new phone, and realize that all the information was lost.
    I don't think App Backup does what you want. My guess is it just backs up the installation/apk file. You can use that file to install the App on another device without needing to download it again. It would be a completely fresh installation though.
    06-02-17 08:36 AM
    I don't think App Backup does what you want. My guess is it just backs up the installation/apk file. You can use that file to install the App on another device without needing to download it again. It would be a completely fresh installation though.
    Correct. I don't need that. I can achieve fresh installations through the app store. I'm trying "Rom Toolbox" now.
    06-02-17 09:07 AM
    Correct. I don't need that. I can achieve fresh installations through the app store. I'm trying "Rom Toolbox" now.
    ROM Toolbox requires root as well.

Helium might be worth a shot, but I believe this also needs developer mode and might not work with the runtime on BB10.
    06-02-17 09:37 AM
    ROM Toolbox requires root as well.

Helium might be worth a shot, but I believe this also needs developer mode and might not work with the runtime on BB10.
    Correct. Rom Toolbox did not work.

Helium is not recognizing the Q10 as an Android device for obvious reasons. I'll try to play around with Helium as it supposedly does not require root.
    06-02-17 09:41 AM
    did You fix this?
    I'm having this problem with mobile roadie. If there's no way to back up, then I will lose all my points in the app when I log in with the new phone.
    06-03-17 10:19 AM
    did You fix this?
    I'm having this problem with mobile roadie. If there's no way to back up, then I will lose all my points in the app when I log in with the new phone.
    No. Everything I tried only created a useless APK file. Nothing has been able to access app data.
    06-03-17 10:29 AM