Will verizon get it

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 09:35 AM
    Will verizon get it

Posted via CB10
    Your best bet is to get the CDMA variant on the 31st. It will work on both Verizon and Sprint. Highly doubtful if Verizon will carry it. Even if they do, it won't be until late summer and by that time the next iPhone will be starting it's annual buzz.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-19-17 10:49 AM
    Will verizon get it

Posted via CB10
    I was skeptical about it being usable on Verizon, but at Costco yesterday (big box store in USA) they had a generic android with verizon and other carrier names listed on it. when I asked, they said it was an unlocked phone and verizon now allows certain phones to be brought in that way. I'm excited (cautiously) because Verizon still won't answer anything directly related to this any time I inquire.
    05-19-17 11:03 AM
    But does the CDMA version working on Sprint & maybe Verizon also have GSM unlocked for travel? What versions have qi charge?
    05-19-17 11:16 AM
    That's just silly. Supply chain issues at various scales and in various market conditions are universal principals. And discussing them as general business problem for TCL and the KEYone is at least as interesting to many of us as complaining about a company's marketing or distribution strategy.

If you're not interested in the discussion, feel free to move along, or you can embarrass yourself by attributing motives (making excuses) where there are none.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    And you know this....how?

Besides, customers don't care about what's behind the scenes. Woulda you visit a store that doesn't open on time or closes early? And the reason is that the employees take public transit and that makes their arrivals unpredictable. They also miss the bus if they don't leave 10 min early.. So according to you, people who make excuses for poorly run businesses, as long as there's a reason it's ok to not perform as expected.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-19-17 11:42 AM
    BlackBerry missed t'he buss for at least 5 device offerings... never on time, never before holiday season, never before other companies announced, never before summer...pfft
    lionhearted and mister2d like this.
    05-19-17 11:46 AM
    Your best bet is to get the CDMA variant on the 31st. It will work on both Verizon and Sprint. Highly doubtful if Verizon will carry it. Even if they do, it won't be until late summer and by that time the next iPhone will be starting it's annual buzz.

Posted via CB10
    We don't even know if it'll work on Verizon. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even release the CDMA model and say it's "Coming soon" .
    05-19-17 11:50 AM
    And you know this....how?

Besides, customers don't care about what's behind the scenes. Woulda you visit a store that doesn't open on time or closes early? And the reason is that the employees take public transit and that makes their arrivals unpredictable. They also miss the bus if they don't leave 10 min early.. So according to you, people who make excuses for poorly run businesses, as long as there's a reason it's ok to not perform as expected.
    You're asserting that you are dissatisfied with BlackBerry Mobile's level of service. I obviously won't argue with you about your dissatisfaction. That's your absolute right.

I, on the other hand, have not been at all disappointed. From my perspective a one month delay in the release of the KEYone, communicated ahead of time, did not inconvenience or affect me in any way.

Obviously, any time a product's introduction is delayed, sales will be lost. But products are delayed all the time by successful businesses due to many factors. Identifying those factors is not making excuses.

You say that consumers don't care about reasons, and of course that's true. But that doesn't mean listening to someone with a pure consumer mentality complain about a product not being available is interesting to anyone but that consumer.

I'm sorry that BlackBerry has disappointed you. But frankly, hearing about it is a bit on the boring side. I find it much more interesting to talk about the business aspect of BlackBerry Mobile than to waste time cheering or booing them.

05-19-17 12:01 PM
    You're asserting that you are dissatisfied with BlackBerry Mobile's level of service. I obviously won't argue with you about your dissatisfaction. That's your absolute right.

I, on the other hand, have not been at all disappointed. From my perspective a one month delay in the release of the KEYone, communicated ahead of time, did not inconvenience or affect me in any way.

Obviously, any time a product's introduction is delayed, sales will be lost. But products are delayed all the time by successful businesses due to many factors. Identifying those factors is not making excuses.

You say that consumers don't care about reasons, and of course that's true. But that doesn't mean listening to someone with a pure consumer mentality complain about a product not being available is interesting to anyone but that consumer.

I'm sorry that BlackBerry has disappointed you. But frankly, hearing about it is a bit on the boring side. I find it much more interesting to talk about the business aspect of BlackBerry Mobile than to waste time cheering or booing them.

I'm sure us complainers, oops I mean people who complain, are hoping TCL is listening and reacting to our rants. That's what companies that care actually do.

If this board was filled with ...people who make excuses, TCL would just kick back and think "who cares, they love us no matter what".
    mister2d likes this.
    05-19-17 12:11 PM
    I'm sure us complainers, oops I mean people who complain, are hoping TCL is listening and reacting to our rants. That's what companies that care actually do.

If this board was filled with ...people who make excuses, TCL would just kick back and think "who cares, they love us no matter what".
    That actually helps me understand who you are writing for. Go ahead and voice your concerns. I'll ignore them from now on.

But I would recommend not attributing imaginary motives to other posters who don't share your views. It's bad form.

I for one have no emotional investment in whether BlackBerry Mobile succeeds or not. I am looking forward to the KEYone, as it looks like the best Android phone I've seen, but, assuming I like it, I probably won't buy another smart phone for 3-4 years, and by then the whole landscape will have changed again.

05-19-17 12:33 PM

You act like TCL isn't doing what it can already. They're a top level OEM phone manufacturer. Unfortunately, they're attempting to break into Western markets and competitors arent welcoming them with open arms. In carrier driven markets, like Canada, and even more, the US, carriers will show them who's in charge. Flagship OEM pay dearly for the preferred relationships with the carriers.
    05-19-17 12:42 PM
    That actually helps me understand who you are writing for. Go ahead and voice your concerns. I'll ignore them from now on.

But I would recommend not attributing imaginary motives to other posters who don't share your views. It's bad form.

I for one have no emotional investment in whether BlackBerry Mobile succeeds or not. I am looking forward to the KEYone, as it looks like the best Android phone I've seen, but, assuming I like it, I probably won't buy another smart phone for 3-4 years, and by then the whole landscape will have changed again.

Sorry, I can't pick and choose who I share these imaginary motives with. Neither can you, nor anyone else. It's a message board.
    05-19-17 12:50 PM
    Why is that people who are negative also love to call other people names. Since when is having an intelligent conversation about supply chains and logistics at different production scales being an "apologist?"

There is a physical reality behind the design, production, and distribution of products. It's not a video game where you push some combination of buttons and a phone unlike any other just gets spit out.

If you genuinely believe that TCL is incompetent, why would you consider buying the KEYone?

Exactly. If so many of you hate TCL and deride BlackBerry endlessly, why are you even in this forum?

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-19-17 12:53 PM
    Sorry, I can't pick and choose who I share these imaginary motives with. Neither can you, nor anyone else. It's a message board.
    If you stop asserting unfounded assumptions about people's motives, you won't have that challenge. You might try responding to what people actually say rather than your impression of why they say it.

When someone says that TCL doesn't enjoy the same economies of scale for the KEYone as Samsung does for the S8, they are stating a fact. It's not an apology. It's not an excuse. It's a cold, hard fact.

05-19-17 12:58 PM
    You act like TCL isn't doing what it can already. They're a top level OEM phone manufacturer. Unfortunately, they're attempting to break into Western markets and competitors arent welcoming them with open arms. In carrier driven markets, like Canada, and even more, the US, carriers will show them who's in charge. Flagship OEM pay dearly for the preferred relationships with the carriers.
    Nobody knows if they are or not doing everything they can.

What most of us are upset about is the 2 month delay. Yes, don't deny a lot of us expected early April purchasing when they said "available in April" Then it got pushed back to "going into May" and it became May 31. Which is all of April, then all of May. You wouldn't call a $1.99 drink "only $1.

Also we're 12 days away from May 31st and those of us who "pre-registered" didn't get any information officially from the email and looks like there will be no pre-order and limited stock.

Signing up for an opportunity to pre-order and then see the merchandise offered to carriers as an exclusive pre-order makes customers upset. If you sign up for a reservation at a restaurant, then get put on a wait list while "exclusive members of the country club" get in first, you'd be mad too.

Oh yeah. before anyone says it's pre-register not pre-order.
    Purchasing KeyONE on May 31st?-capture.jpg
    SpencerNSO likes this.
    05-19-17 01:04 PM
    If you stop asserting unfounded assumptions about people's motives, you won't have that challenge. You might try responding to what people actually say rather than your impression of why they say it.

When someone says that TCL doesn't enjoy the same economies of scale for the KEYone as Samsung does for the S8, they are stating a fact. It's not an apology. It's not an excuse. It's a cold, hard fact.

your assumptions on their delays are just as valid and unfounded as mine are about people's motives.
    05-19-17 01:06 PM
    your assumptions on their delays are just as valid and unfounded as mine are about people's motives.
    Um, the only thing I said about their delay (singular, not plural, since there was exactly one), was that it occurred. I made no assumptions about the cause.

05-19-17 01:39 PM
    Um, the only thing I said about their delay (singular, not plural, since there was exactly one), was that it occurred. I made no assumptions about the cause.

you did. you said supply chains were too much for them to handle and they don't have the economies of scale even though they're not trying to produce iPhone levels of product. Unless you work for TCL, it's all assumptions.

Go back and read your posts.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-19-17 01:47 PM

Unless your posts are now "Hidden", you did make assumptions. I just asked how do you know anything involving the SCM.
    05-19-17 02:07 PM

What most of us are upset about is the 2 month delay. Yes, don't deny a lot of us expected early April purchasing when they said "available in April" Then it got pushed back to "going into May" and it became May 31. Which is all of April, then all of May. You wouldn't call a $1.99 drink "only $1.

Also we're 12 days away from May 31st and those of us who "pre-registered" didn't get any information officially from the email and looks like there will be no pre-order and limited stock.

Signing up for an opportunity to pre-order and then see the merchandise offered to carriers as an exclusive pre-order makes customers upset. If you sign up for a reservation at a restaurant, then get put on a wait list while "exclusive members of the country club" get in first, you'd be mad too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	423535
    Guys relax. The phone is "delayed" for business reasons. BBRY quarter ends on May 31st, they want (almost) all of the revenue from this launch to be reflected on the NEXT quarter earnings.

This has nothing to do with "supply chain" issues. Its part of the business when you're a public company with every ER under intense scrutiny. Yes customers matter, but every CEO's top priority is to appease shareholders. Sad but true.
    05-19-17 02:52 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	423535
    Sure, they're doing everything possible while hoping to not alienate carriers. How many devices should they make of a VERY niche product. No US carriers wanted DTEKs, so I don't see them jumping on KEYone without hard sales data from UK and Canada first. Carrier in Canada demanded exclusive for two weeks in order to carry. You don't really believe TCL has any leverage in Western carriers do you?
    05-19-17 02:53 PM
    Sure, they're doing everything possible while hoping to not alienate carriers. How many devices should they make of a VERY niche product. No US carriers wanted DTEKs, so I don't see them jumping on KEYone without hard sales data from UK and Canada first. Carrier in Canada demanded exclusive for two weeks in order to carry. You don't really believe TCL has any leverage in Western carriers do you?
    Carrier support is very important. I definitely agree.

But at least give a few of us that bothered to register with them a chance to get first dibs on an unlocked device. Pre-registered first dibs on unlocked devices and carrier deals don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    05-19-17 03:10 PM
    Carrier support is very important. I definitely agree.

But at least give a few of us that bothered to register with them a chance to get first dibs on an unlocked device. Pre-registered first dibs on unlocked devices and carrier deals don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    The carrier that demands exclusivity, by definition, is being mutually exclusive with that requirement. Hence the reason, you see the rollout how it's played out. Carriers don't like OEMs selling factory unlocked devices. Only Apple really gets away with that. Flagship Android OEMs typically don't support their factory unlocked models in the USA much if any..
    05-19-17 03:14 PM
    The carrier that demands exclusivity, by definition, is being mutually exclusive with that requirement. Hence the reason, you see the rollout how it's played out. Carriers don't like OEMs selling factory unlocked devices. Only Apple really gets away with that. Flagship Android OEMs typically don't support their factory unlocked models in the USA much if any..
    That's a decision for TCL to make and they must understand it will PO those who expected unlocked devices on preorder.

Money talks. Business is business. I understand that.
    05-19-17 03:19 PM
    That's a decision for TCL to make and they must understand it will PO those who expected unlocked devices on preorder.

Money talks. Business is business. I understand that.
    They understand and don't care. You and everyone that is PO'd are rounding error compared to what carriers bring to future plans. BlackBerry already proved US and Canada are not even close to being ready for direct sold devices from a profitability standpoint. Get over it or buy something else that makes you feel better. You're attempting teaching a lesson to a party ,TCL, who helped right the lesson to begin with.
    05-19-17 03:24 PM
251 ... 7891011