I can't believe people are still waiting for this phone.
    Complete failure.
    Would have been a hit on February.
    I've moved on.
    To another PKB phone? Ya, that's what I thought. That's was never important to you.
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-18-17 02:23 PM
    To another PKB phone? Ya, that's what I thought. That's was never important to you.
    You gotta love these fly by night posters who just like to flame in public.

"I got tired of waiting for the new Alpha Romeo Spyder, so I went ahead and bought a Honda Accord, because the dealer had one in stock!"

If you love something, you'll wait 30 days for it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-18-17 02:47 PM
    That's a bit foolhardy to say, since even Apple has had the same initial supply problem. People seem to forget that product roll-outs used to be staggered by region. The global release is a more recent development, mainly started by companies that have large built-in bases, like Apple and Samsung.

The KEYone was still being designed, tooled for the assembly line months ago. Apple, Samsung, etc. have a whole year between releases for production ramp ups. KEYone went from unfinished design prototype at BlackBerry to commercial release in 5 months!

People who signed up are saying they're interested, but there's no guarantee these people would be buying.
    Oh please. I doubt they're anywhere near iPhone or Samsung levels of demand.

Not convinced and apologists like you aren't doing them any favors.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-18-17 02:48 PM

Why is that people who are negative also love to call other people names. Since when is having an intelligent conversation about supply chains and logistics at different production scales being an "apologist?"

There is a physical reality behind the design, production, and distribution of products. It's not a video game where you push some combination of buttons and a phone unlike any other just gets spit out.

If you genuinely believe that TCL is incompetent, why would you consider buying the KEYone?

05-18-17 02:53 PM
    Why is that people who are negative also love to call other people names. Since when is having an intelligent conversation about supply chains and logistics at different production scales being an "apologist?"

There is a physical reality behind the design, production, and distribution of products. It's not a video game where you push some combination of buttons and a phone unlike any other just gets spit out.

If you genuinely believe that TCL is incompetent, why would you consider buying the KEYone?

Since when is calling someone an "apologist" name calling.

An incompetent company and an interesting product are two different things.
    05-18-17 02:55 PM
    I emailed BlackBerry Mobile and they replied that the phone will be available unlocked along with the accessories shown on the US site on May 31.
    05-18-17 03:04 PM
    Since when is calling someone an "apologist" name calling.
    If you are disagreeing with someone, fine... but leave out the name calling, which includes "apologist."

Sometimes, on CrackBerry, your thoughts should remain untyped. Even if you think it is okay, it comes off as name calling.
    SMocek likes this.
    05-18-17 03:33 PM
    TCL is an up and coming company. I think it was a good decision, but only time will tell. In the meantime, they have created a very nice phone and I can't wait to get mine soon.
    lionhearted likes this.
    05-18-17 03:37 PM

They know there's not the same level of demand, thus the more conservative production runs.

I didn't reply to convince you. It's for reasonable people to see the big picture.
    05-18-17 03:53 PM
    I emailed BlackBerry Mobile and they replied that the phone will be available unlocked along with the accessories shown on the US site on May 31.
    Thanks!
    05-18-17 03:54 PM
    Available to take money US 31 but for delivery wheN?
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-18-17 03:58 PM
    Good question. I'm leaving town on the 2nd, so I may need to have it delivered to where I'm going. The idea of having to wait a week until I get back home is not going to happen.
    05-18-17 04:24 PM
    When they figure out how to make more. LOL
    05-18-17 05:09 PM
    If you are disagreeing with someone, fine... but leave out the name calling, which includes "apologist."

Sometimes, on CrackBerry, your thoughts should remain untyped. Even if you think it is okay, it comes off as name calling.
    Whatever, that's just being over sensitive.
    05-18-17 05:16 PM
    Whatever, that's just being over sensitive.
    No, its not. Name calling is name calling. Call your wife, kids, boss, mom or whoever an apologist if you get away with it at home, but leave it out of CrackBerry.
    05-18-17 05:33 PM
    No, its not. Name calling is name calling. Call your wife, kids, boss, mom or whoever an apologist if you get away with it at home, but leave it out of CrackBerry.
    Wow, the apologist's apologist.

You telling me if I rephrased it to:

"People like you who make excuses for TCL aren't doing them any favors"

That would make a difference? Gimme a break!
    Last edited by hjc73734; 05-18-17 at 06:01 PM.
    05-18-17 05:49 PM
    Wow, the apologist's apologist.

You telling me if I rephrased it to:

"People like you who make excuses for TCL aren't doing them any favors"

That would make a difference? Gimme a break!
    Go ahead and bash TCL or BlackBerry.

I don't think my point in this thread was about if TCL is good or bad.

I was pointing out that name calling is definitely bad.
    05-18-17 06:59 PM
    Just pre ordered my KEYone @Bell today, pumped for the 31st. I'll miss the big screen on my Priv but excited for the battery and speed of the KEYone. My Priv dies everyday by about 6:00pm
    05-18-17 08:23 PM
    The Asus zenwatch line are really nice. They are built like mechanical watches with premium materials but they are all less than $300
    The Samsung watches are throwaway and the tizen operating system doesn't work well. It's like using android wear on iphone
    Asus is canning the Zenwatch line altogether because of low sales numbers. Hmmm, kind of reminds me of Blackberry devices.
    05-18-17 09:23 PM
    Go ahead and bash TCL or BlackBerry.

I don't think my point in this thread was about if TCL is good or bad.

I was pointing out that name calling is definitely bad.
    And my point, is that objectively discussing TCL's supply chain or marketing is not "making excuses." It's a fact that phones like the KEYone don't have the economies of scale of an iPhone or S8. It would be more appropriate to compare the marketing of the KEYone to that of another phone that's only expected to sell 1-3M units a year at most.

05-19-17 04:58 AM
    And my point, is that objectively discussing TCL's supply chain or marketing is not "making excuses." It's a fact that phones like the KEYone don't have the economies of scale of an iPhone or S8. It would be more appropriate to compare the marketing of the KEYone to that of another phone that's only expected to sell 1-3M units a year at most.

It is making excuses if you're not involved in the supply chain and comment as if you know what's going on.

Further, if you are looking for a phone that sells 1M in a year or less to compare with the BlackBerry, then you will be bottom feeding. I think Blu phones sell over that much. When you are in 0% marketshare territory, all the answers are already out there.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-19-17 07:12 AM
    It is making excuses if you're not involved in the supply chain and comment as if you know what's going on.

Further, if you are looking for a phone that sells 1M in a year or less to compare with the BlackBerry, then you will be bottom feeding. I think Blu phones sell over that much. When you are in 0% marketshare territory, all the answers are already out there.
    That's just silly. Supply chain issues at various scales and in various market conditions are universal principals. And discussing them as general business problem for TCL and the KEYone is at least as interesting to many of us as complaining about a company's marketing or distribution strategy.

If you're not interested in the discussion, feel free to move along, or you can embarrass yourself by attributing motives (making excuses) where there are none.

05-19-17 07:52 AM
    Blackberry is so fraught with mismanagement, how can responsible agencies and government entities give responsibility to them for seurity? Who would ride a computer driven vehicle they control? The k1 irregardless of design is being forced to flop...
    I guess this is why their stock continues to rise in the last month.
    At least 60% of cars already have their infotainment run by BlackBerry (QNX) and growing. And secured by them as well.
    05-19-17 08:02 AM
    It was a bit of a gong show on the Rogers wireless website. I have reserved but I also wanted to do a new line and hardware purchase on the website. Everything wenthru fine, choosing device KEY ONE, choosing plan, cc check, then during the tele# choice page, it malfunctioned and the page crashed. Ok thought it didnt go thru but then after about 15 min got two emails confirming passcode set for my rogers and new account confirmation.

WOWOW. OK so it all went thru. now lets see if Ill be getting the new line activation/device 1st or my reservation on my other acccount.CHatted with live rep and rep on phone. Neither was helpful.
    05-19-17 08:07 AM
    That's just silly. Supply chain issues at various scales and in various market conditions are universal principals.
    i am confused... should i say to our employees when we manage to deliver our products on time, to delay the whole thing a bit, or a month, due to these universal principals that you are mentioning here?
    mister2d likes this.
    05-19-17 08:59 AM
251 ... 678910 ...