Back to the May 31st release, are those waiting for the day in the US going in with any confidence that you'll be able to get it in hand rather than it being the day you'll get to order online? I'm in NYC so is there any hope it'll pop up in a Tmobile, Best Buy, or B&H that Wednesday?
    I find it crazy they can't even allocate enough stock to allow those to pre-order and have it shipped to them on release day.

Pre-registering gives them a number of potential buyers. Pre-ordering gets them advanced sales so they can produce the quantities needed to fill those orders.

They ask us to pre-register, then nothing. I'm sure a lot of us will even pay up front TODAY to guarantee it being shipped to them either on May 31st, or have it received May 31st.

Is this really that hard?
    lionhearted likes this.
    05-17-17 08:15 PM
    So what your saying is they can't even supply those who pretty much said they want one and want to pre order.LOL.
    The way some people have been interpreting pre-orders these days is that it'll ship within a week or two; basically pre-orders is a way to get in line for actual orders. If they could do pre-orders four or more weeks out and people would be okay with that, we would've already seen it.

Yes, I don't see them having enough supply to meet immediate demand, so they're staggering the release... U.K., then Canada, then U.S. There's no need to send out emails to people who can't buy because supply is eaten up by more anxious buyers. If you're eagerly waiting, you're already looking for more immediate news on CrackBerry, Twitter, etc. and not waiting on an email.
    05-17-17 08:42 PM
    They dropped the ball on emailing when the Selfridges sale happened, but there was only limited stock, so, in some sense, it made sense to announce on Twitter only. People don't check email right away and seeing something for sale and then finding "sold out" doesn't make people happy.
    Meh. I don't have a Twitter app and I only have a Twitter account because of the last KeyOne IOU giveaway. My phone meanwhile checks my most-used email accounts regularly for me, and at home, Thunderbird checks all of my accounts.
    05-17-17 08:43 PM
    The way some people have been interpreting pre-orders these days is that it'll ship within a week or two; basically pre-orders is a way to get in line for actual orders. If they could do pre-orders four or more weeks out and people would be okay with that, we would've already seen it.

Yes, I don't see them having enough supply to meet immediate demand, so they're staggering the release... U.K., then Canada, then U.S. There's no need to send out emails to people who can't buy because supply is eaten up by more anxious buyers. If you're eagerly waiting, you're already looking for more immediate news on CrackBerry, Twitter, etc. and not waiting on an email.
    Man, this sounds bleak. What are we thinking for US to actually have them in their hands assuming we can online order on the 31st, late June? How long must I suffer with this Nextbit Robin. Haha.
    05-17-17 08:48 PM

Man, this sounds bleak. What are we thinking for US to actually have them in their hands assuming we can online order on the 31st, late June? How long must I suffer with this Nextbit Robin? Haha.
    05-17-17 08:49 PM
    I find it crazy they can't even allocate enough stock to allow those to pre-order and have it shipped to them on release day.

Pre-registering gives them a number of potential buyers. Pre-ordering gets them advanced sales so they can produce the quantities needed to fill those orders.

They ask us to pre-register, then nothing. I'm sure a lot of us will even pay up front TODAY to guarantee it being shipped to them either on May 31st, or have it received May 31st.

Is this really that hard?
    This is assuming they can produce as many as they want, any time they want. I don't think they expect the KEYone to be a big seller, so they're producing X amount at a steady rate. They can't guarantee pre-orders will be delivered by May 31st if there's too many of them. They could tell you up-front that your pre-order is four, five, six, etc. weeks out when you make the order. Would you be okay with that? Or would you rather go through other channels? They can't allocate all KEYone's for themselves. They need to fulfill obligations to their partners too.
    05-17-17 08:57 PM
    Checked Rogers and a Telus wireless webpages, nothing there. Went to check SaskTel and this is what I got. Hopefully for our friends up north, be able to try and pre order yourselves some KEYone goodness.

05-17-17 11:16 PM

That's just the most backwards way of thinking I've ever heard.

People pre-order games from GameStop so they are guaranteed a copy on release day. This could be a month or whatever. There's no time limit. If they want to put their money down, the companies will take it. In return they get guaranteed first to own.

If a company actually offered a "pre-registration" and then still can not get enough supply to meet those requests, something's not right. Why did they even offer the "pre registration" if they're not going to do it? That's like a restaurant offering Prime Rib dinners for $9.99 but when you come in, they say you have to wait for 10 more orders before they can start making it. Then they run out. And tell you they sold it to someone else after waiting for your food.

What's worse is how apologists here like you actually try to make these excuses for them. Laughable the things I see here.
    05-18-17 01:47 AM
    This is assuming they can produce as many as they want, any time they want. I don't think they expect the KEYone to be a big seller, so they're producing X amount at a steady rate. They can't guarantee pre-orders will be delivered by May 31st if there's too many of them. They could tell you up-front that your pre-order is four, five, six, etc. weeks out when you make the order. Would you be okay with that? Or would you rather go through other channels? They can't allocate all KEYone's for themselves. They need to fulfill obligations to their partners too.
    They got 5 employees hand making these things or what? LOL

This is just silly. This is a BlackBerry PKB phone that's not going to sell like the newest iPhone.
    05-18-17 01:50 AM
    That's just the most backwards way of thinking I've ever heard.

People pre-order games from GameStop so they are guaranteed a copy on release day. This could be a month or whatever. There's no time limit. If they want to put their money down, the companies will take it. In return they get guaranteed first to own.

If company's want a "pre-registration" and then still can not get enough supply to meet those requests, something's not right.

What's worse is how apologists here like you actually try to make these excuses for them. Laughable the things I see here.
    I'm sure that game you're talking about was made and packaged in five months for GameStop to sell, right?

TCL/BlackBerry Mobile needed to finish the design work, build prototypes, order parts and start up the assembly line. Meanwhile, they depended on BlackBerry to finish up the Nougat port. There are way more moving parts in building a phone than duplicating a game for retail.

There's no way they could guarantee anything. The April release barely worked, if you even allow them the credit for releasing a limited number. If not, then it's obvious that they don't have production at capacity yet. If they had taken money and missed the delivery date, there would be many more pissed off people.
    05-18-17 02:20 AM
    They got 5 employees hand making these things or what? LOL

This is just silly. This is a BlackBerry PKB phone that's not going to sell like the newest iPhone.
    It's not going to sell like the newest iPhone. They know that. They're not going to turn over their entire manufacturing capacity to making KEYone's in hopes of selling every one of them upon release. The KEYone doesn't have that kind of reputation.
    05-18-17 02:26 AM
    I'm sure that game you're talking about was made and packaged in five months for GameStop to sell, right?

TCL/BlackBerry Mobile needed to finish the design work, build prototypes, order parts and start up the assembly line. Meanwhile, they depended on BlackBerry to finish up the Nougat port. There are way more moving parts in building a phone than duplicating a game for retail.

There's no way they could guarantee anything. The April release barely worked, if you even allow them the credit for releasing a limited number. If not, then it's obvious that they don't have production at capacity yet. If they had taken money and missed the delivery date, there would be many more pissed off people.

If it's a problem for whatever reason, they shouldn't offer the pre registration feature. Just makes them look incompetent. Paying customers don't care what happens behind the scenes.
    05-18-17 02:28 AM
    If it's a problem for whatever reason, they shouldn't offer the pre registration feature. Just makes them look incompetent. Paying customers don't care what happens behind the scenes.
    Paying customers want the product in a reasonable amount of time. Until TCL/BlackBerry Mobile can guarantee that, they're not going to try to get more people into the queue for one.
    05-18-17 03:09 AM
    I suppose, if you have no other options but there are so many other phones out there that also pique my interest and to be honest, I ain't got time for this.
    05-18-17 06:48 AM
    Holy crap I just got an email from BBMo on my domain email address. Probably have it on my throwaway gmail too but my phone doesn't check that one. On sale May 31 is all it really says aside from marketing fluff. I wasn't expecting anything on the domain email since I never even got a confirmation there.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 11:18 AM
    Holy crap I just got an email from BBMo on my domain email address. Probably have it on my throwaway gmail too but my phone doesn't check that one. On sale May 31 is all it really says aside from marketing fluf.

Posted via CB10
    Got it too. At least it's something huh? lol
    05-18-17 11:21 AM
    Paying customers want the product in a reasonable amount of time. Until TCL/BlackBerry Mobile can guarantee that, they're not going to try to get more people into the queue for one.
    A company that can't satisfy the demands of it's customers... What a problem to have?

Again, didn't offer the sign up.
    05-18-17 01:15 PM
    If TCL is inadequate, why was it selected? Some business plan, BlackBerry !
    05-18-17 01:19 PM
    A company that can't satisfy the demands of it's customers... What a problem to have?

Again, didn't offer the sign up.
    They can't satisfy the initial demand of customers in Europe, Canada and U.S. for the /same/ release date. Would you be okay if they offered a sign-up and told Europeans April 27th, Canadians May 18th, delivered May 31st and U.S. May 31st, delivered in June, if you can't buy on the 31st at a nearby shop?
    05-18-17 01:53 PM
    Probably because there wasn't other options.
    05-18-17 01:54 PM
    BlackBerry is lucky to have TCL interested at all.
    05-18-17 01:55 PM
    Bottom of the barrel
    05-18-17 01:55 PM
    They can't satisfy the initial demand of customers in Europe, Canada and U.S. for the /same/ release date. Would you be okay if they offered a sign-up and told Europeans April 27th, Canadians May 18th, delivered May 31st and U.S. May 31st, delivered in June, if you can't buy on the 31st at a nearby shop?
    That just makes them incompetent. Plain and simple. Especially when people signed on months ago..giving them a minimum amount to manufacture for.
    05-18-17 02:08 PM
    Perfect match for BlackBerry
    05-18-17 02:10 PM
    That just makes them incompetent. Plain and simple. Especially when people signed on months ago..giving them a minimum amount to manufacture for.
    That's a bit foolhardy to say, since even Apple has had the same initial supply problem. People seem to forget that product roll-outs used to be staggered by region. The global release is a more recent development, mainly started by companies that have large built-in bases, like Apple and Samsung.

The KEYone was still being designed, tooled for the assembly line months ago. Apple, Samsung, etc. have a whole year between releases for production ramp ups. KEYone went from unfinished design prototype at BlackBerry to commercial release in 5 months!

People who signed up are saying they're interested, but there's no guarantee these people would be buying.
    05-18-17 02:20 PM
251 ... 56789 ...