Pointless e-mails? That's funny. These are opt-in e-mails, not something that's harvested without your consent.

You would do exactly as BBM is doing by keeping your new customers in the dark? Can't imagine that's a sound business plan going forward.
    The typical unsubscribe rate for Opt-in corporate marketing emails is 1-2% PER EMAIL. That's a real business cost. A I would argue that it's better to wait a few weeks until there is a chance to get a return on that cost by generating consumer action.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-17-17 02:34 PM
    Might help to read that bb10adopter111 said that if they spammed you and you unsubscribed, then they no longer have your previously opt-in consent to send you further emails.

At this point, people only care when it is available for their purchase. No one cares to read that it's available in the U.K.... unless you're in the U.K. TCL/BlackBerry Mobile should have emailed those in the U.K. I haven't read that they did, so that's something they need to improve upon for Canada and the U.S., at least for these new customers you're talking about, that only signed up and are not followers on CrackBerry, twitter, etc.
    There's a difference between spam and notifications of dates that customers are interested in. Or even just a welcome and thank you email.
    05-17-17 02:38 PM
    The typical unsubscribe rate for Opt-in corporate marketing emails is 1-2% PER EMAIL. That's a real business cost. A I would argue that it's better to wait a few weeks until there is a chance to get a return on that cost by generating consumer action.

Why are you even talking about unsubscribe rates and business costs? That is nonsense. This is real interest from people who want to give them money. Not some Nigerian e-mail scam or follow-up e-mail survey to ask 'how did we do'.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-17-17 03:01 PM
    Why are you even talking about unsubscribe rates and business costs? That is nonsense. This is real interest from people who want to give them money. Not some Nigerian e-mail scam or follow-up e-mail survey to ask 'how did we do'.
    We will have to agree to disagree. I make my living creating analytics for customer relationship management and other business activities, and the unsubscribe rate I quoted is for double opt-in email marketing lists where people 1) voluntarily entered their email address and 2) confirmed their subscriptions by clicking on a link that was emailed to them.

The fact is that people change their minds and unsubscribe from these lists all the time. Companies always have to balance the value of sending an email with the cost in lost subscribers.

05-17-17 03:25 PM
    There's a difference between spam and notifications of dates that customers are interested in. Or even just a welcome and thank you email.
    To me, spam /is/ notifications just for the sake of "communications". Like I said, people want solid news when they can buy in their region. For some, emailing to say that they delivered the KEYone on time in April, as first announced, is no solace for not being able to buy one wherever they're at.

I do agree that a "welcome and thank you for signing up" email would be nice, just as a confirmation.
    05-17-17 03:57 PM
    We will have to agree to disagree. I make my living creating analytics for customer relationship management and other business activities, and the unsubscribe rate I quoted is for double opt-in email marketing lists where people 1) voluntarily entered their email address and 2) confirmed their subscriptions by clicking on a link that was emailed to them.

The fact is that people change their minds and unsubscribe from these lists all the time. Companies always have to balance the value of sending an email with the cost in lost subscribers.

There's no need to agree or disagree since I'm not even referring to "analytics". I'm simply talking about communication to customers.

Startups have no issue doing this and they are very small teams. Sometimes teams of 1 or 2.
    05-17-17 04:11 PM
    Here's me thinking the answer to the thread question, purchasing the KEYᵒⁿᵉ on May 31, would be a 'yes', or 'no'.
    05-17-17 04:19 PM
    The typical unsubscribe rate for Opt-in corporate marketing emails is 1-2% PER EMAIL. That's a real business cost.
    Why does an unsubscribe incur a cost? The unsubscribe mechanism was already built.

Aside from one less email address to sell, I guess.
    05-17-17 04:46 PM
    There's no need to agree or disagree since I'm not even referring to "analytics". I'm simply talking about communication to customers.

Startups have no issue doing this and they are very small teams. Sometimes teams of 1 or 2.
    If TCL/BlackBerry Mobile were to do this, people would claim they're just trying to buy time/patience from their customers because they don't have product to sell. That's the situation Startups are in; they don't have product to sell, so updates are to buy time/patience.
    05-17-17 05:02 PM
    Why does an unsubscribe incur a cost? The unsubscribe mechanism was already built.

One less customer that's going to know what your business is up to.
    05-17-17 05:06 PM
    To me, spam /is/ notifications just for the sake of "communications". Like I said, people want solid news when they can buy in their region. For some, emailing to say that they delivered the KEYone on time in April, as first announced, is no solace for not being able to buy one wherever they're at.

I do agree that a "welcome and thank you for signing up" email would be nice, just as a confirmation.
    I would think pre order dates and the May 31st dates are NOT just for the sake of communications.
    05-17-17 05:12 PM
    Back to the May 31st release, are those waiting for the day in the US going in with any confidence that you'll be able to get it in hand rather than it being the day you'll get to order online? I'm in NYC so is there any hope it'll pop up in a Tmobile, Best Buy, or B&H that Wednesday?
    05-17-17 05:13 PM
    Back to the May 31st release, are those waiting for the day in the US going in with any confidence that you'll be able to get it in hand rather than it being the day you'll get to order online? I'm in NYC so is there any hope it'll pop up in a Tmobile, Best Buy, or B&H that Wednesday?
    Not confident they'll be in stores just yet. It's probably a pre-order date for us here in the US.

Posted via CB10
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-17-17 05:26 PM
    I would think pre order dates and the May 31st dates are NOT just for the sake of communications.
    Based on the limited track history of TCL/BlackBerry Mobile has so far, I would expect an official notice that pre-orders have begun after the various Canadians carriers officially announce pre-orders, just like the official tweet from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile came out after Selfridges officially announced availability. I get the feeling they're not going to pull the trigger on official announcements until partners announce, so they're not potentially wrong.

They dropped the ball on emailing when the Selfridges sale happened, but there was only limited stock, so, in some sense, it made sense to announce on Twitter only. People don't check email right away and seeing something for sale and then finding "sold out" doesn't make people happy.

I would expect the same for May 31st, as long as there is stock. If pre-orders do very well, then May 31st will probably pass without an email.
    05-17-17 05:30 PM
    So far the only carrier that is "on-board" is Sprint which I'm not sure is officially official yet. I for one am steering clear of Sprint because their network is god awful IMO.

I don't expect to hear anything until the 31st or after. Blackberry is notorious for delays and I doubt this will be any different. I for one would rather wait and just hope that more carriers pick it up.

I plan on getting away from apple since the new iPhone price is supposedly over $1K I'd rather just get a solid blackberry contract/payment free and hold onto it for a few years. Processors are very good nowadays and I think the KEYone will hold up for a good long while. I'm getting too old for this rat race of constant upgrades.
    05-17-17 05:38 PM
    I have feeling that May 31 might be the pre-order date at least for the US market. We
    05-17-17 05:39 PM

Losing a subscriber means losing a potential revenue stream. The cost is the present value of future lost revenue. That's the balance that email marketers have to achieve. If I generate sales today and lose a few subscribers who were unlikely to buy in the future, it's a good tradeoff, but if I generate zero sales and lose the same subscribers it's not.

05-17-17 05:46 PM
    Appreciate all the perspective from everyone on here. Knowledgeable users... Man, I can't wait to get that sucker in hand. From my first 7290 to the 7100t to the Bold, I'm looking forward to this reunion with the keyboard.
    05-17-17 06:00 PM
    According to TCL and CBK twitter, looks like there is a launch party going on right now.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-17-17 06:16 PM
    According to TCL and CBK twitter, looks like there is a launch party going on right now.
    I wish I was there!! Congrats to all the Canada friends getting KEYone tomorrow.
    05-17-17 06:33 PM
    Highly doubtful. We will hear nothing til May 30th then Steve Cistulli will tweet that pre-orders will start on the 31st for a release sometime in the fall.

I'm being only a little bit facetious.
    05-17-17 06:36 PM
    I never been invited to BlackBerry event
    05-17-17 06:36 PM
    I wish I was there!! Congrats to all the Canada friends getting KEYone tomorrow.
    05-17-17 06:49 PM
    Based on the limited track history of TCL/BlackBerry Mobile has so far, I would expect an official notice that pre-orders have begun after the various Canadians carriers officially announce pre-orders, just like the official tweet from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile came out after Selfridges officially announced availability. I get the feeling they're not going to pull the trigger on official announcements until partners announce, so they're not potentially wrong.

They dropped the ball on emailing when the Selfridges sale happened, but there was only limited stock, so, in some sense, it made sense to announce on Twitter only. People don't check email right away and seeing something for sale and then finding "sold out" doesn't make people happy.

I would expect the same for May 31st, as long as there is stock. If pre-orders do very well, then May 31st will probably pass without an email.
    So what your saying is they can't even supply those who pretty much said they want one and want to pre order.LOL.
    05-17-17 06:50 PM
    I never been invited to BlackBerry event
    i thought you have to register for the meet up in your location.. you invite yourself.
    05-17-17 06:51 PM
251 ... 45678 ...