Thing is I like the Keyone and I like the LG v20. I can upgrade my phone now, I'd get the Keyone before the V20 if it were available from my carrier. If there is no solid news about the Keyone by the end of the month I can easily go with the V20 and never look back.
    when I switched from VZW to Tmo, I got the LG V20. They had a crazy one day sale for $360. It was a pretty good phone, I like a big sized phone like that. However it did have a bit of a lag, but I could deal with that. It ate batteries though. I had a spare battery and a charging cradle, and I was swapping batteries at least once a day, sometimes twice a day. The V20 also felt a bit fragile to me.

I bailed on it for the S8+, and i am much happier. I still want the KEYone due to the PKB, but I dont miss the V20.

I had the V10 as well, and it also drank batteries.
    05-17-17 07:49 AM
    Indeed. It seems anyone can be a "Trusted Member".
    The only qualification seems to be that you are frequently viewing the forums. I keep getting it offered to me when work is slow.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 09:20 AM
    I can't believe that BlackBerry TCL hasn't issued guidance on how to precisely buy this device on release date in the US. Is it really going to me May 31st? I am dumping an iPhone and Apple Watch to move into the KeyONE and will purchase an android smartwatch for compatibility. So, I am going to lengths to make this move and I have no idea when I can actually order the device. SMH.
    Don't you guys think there is a reason that Kevin announced US meet up tour dates to be announced next week? You will know sooner than later.

It's all coming down the pipe!
    05-17-17 09:29 AM
    Don't you guys think there is a reason that Kevin announced US meet up tour dates to be announced next week? You will know sooner than later.

Who tracks CBK announcements?
    05-17-17 09:32 AM
    05-17-17 10:17 AM
    Waiting for direct TCL release announcement! Not Twitter by CBK lol.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-17-17 10:34 AM

Lol the last time he announced an announcement about more meetups was when the device was going to get delayed.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-17-17 10:36 AM
    There are a handful of people (yourself, Adam Frix, slagman, cbvinh) who have hundreds of posts between them defending the launch process. You have an outsized presence on the forums as the biggest diehards. I'd bet a few bucks that if you counted users defending the process vs those criticizing it, the latter would be the majority.
    I have no title on CrackBerry. I didn't go to Barcelona. I'm not one of those long time BlackBerry users with fond memories of the "heyday" of BlackBerry. I buy whatever devices suit the purpose, which is why my devices run the gamut of brands.

The real reason why I posted a lot about the launch is because you, consv93, posted a lot about a "botched" launch based on rumors and /started new threads/ just to emphasize your point of view. You're the biggest oversized, ego on the subject. Have a bit of humility. Signing a deal and bringing a device to market in five months isn't as an easy task as you make it out to be.
    05-17-17 12:07 PM
    Waiting for direct TCL release announcement! Not Twitter by CBK lol.
    I trust a CBK Twitter comment over anyone else. I'm sure we will see something from TCL next week, just like Kevin hinted.
    05-17-17 12:17 PM
    I trust a CBK Twitter comment over anyone else. I'm sure we will see something from TCL next week, just like Kevin hinted.
    I know CBK is on TCL payroll but BlackBerry mobile/TCL should be the one who should be announcing the release date, not CBK. Not everyone follows CBK or crackberry.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-17-17 12:21 PM
    This is BBMobile's way of announcement lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fa02757895.jpg
    No one wants that to be true more than me.

We'll see...

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-17-17 12:45 PM
    I know CBK is on TCL payroll but BlackBerry mobile/TCL should be the one who should be announcing the release date, not CBK. Not everyone follows CBK or crackberry.
    Award-winning BlackBerry® KEYone official on-sale details announced for Canada

TCL did an official announcement on April 27th. Plain and simple. It was announced already.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-17-17 12:47 PM
    No one wants that to be true more than me.

We'll see...

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    Thanks. I guess that's official directly by BlackBerry Mobil lol.
    05-17-17 12:53 PM
    So here we are on the eve of May 18th. Nothing. No email from preregistration and nothing on blackberry.com How much longer???
    05-17-17 01:00 PM
    So here we are on the eve of May 18th. Nothing. No email from preregistration and nothing on blackberry.com How much longer???
    So, you want them to announce the date for PRE-REGISTRATION in advance? Let me imagine that conversation...

Ad Agency Salesman: "Hey, I think you should spend a bunch of money on advertising before pre-registration goes live."

TCL Marketing Executive: "You mean before there is anything for our prospective customers to do. What would the call to action be?"

Ad Agency Salesman: "Uh...we'd be asking them to wait."

TCL Marketing Executive: "how would we measure success with that campaign?"

Ad Agency Salesman: "If nothing happens before the next ad, we'll know it worked!"

TCL Marketing Executive: "Get out of my office."

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-17-17 01:10 PM
    I have no title on CrackBerry. I didn't go to Barcelona. I'm not one of those long time BlackBerry users with fond memories of the "heyday" of BlackBerry. I buy whatever devices suit the purpose, which is why my devices run the gamut of brands.

The real reason why I posted a lot about the launch is because you, consv93, posted a lot about a "botched" launch based on rumors and /started new threads/ just to emphasize your point of view. You're the biggest oversized, ego on the subject. Have a bit of humility. Signing a deal and bringing a device to market in five months isn't as an easy task as you make it out to be.
    I have personally caused you to spend hours on here defending BlackBerry's honor against my insults? I'll have to try doing this sort of thing some more, seems like I have a lot of power...
    05-17-17 01:44 PM
    So, you want them to announce the date for PRE-REGISTRATION in advance? Let me imagine that conversation...

Ad Agency Salesman: "Hey, I think you should spend a bunch of money on advertising before pre-registration goes live."

TCL Marketing Executive: "You mean before there is anything for our prospective customers to do. What would the call to action be?"

Ad Agency Salesman: "If nothing happens before the next ad, we'll know it worked!"

LMAO
    MidCan PM likes this.
    05-17-17 01:52 PM
    LSHBMHOTC...
    05-17-17 01:56 PM
    Sure. :-)
    05-17-17 02:00 PM

Maybe this is the problem. Too much red tape.

Just send out an e-mail and keep people updated that's all. No need to have any discussions whatsoever. No need for tweets, blog posts on fan sites, or any other nonsense. Just communication directly from the company. Are they afraid?
    05-17-17 02:09 PM
    I have personally caused you to spend hours on here defending BlackBerry's honor against my insults? I'll have to try doing this sort of thing some more, seems like I have a lot of power...
    The "defense", as you like to call anyone offering a different opinion, is for the edification of those not familiar with your constant skew of events.

Whether you need to further massage your ego, it's up to you.
    05-17-17 02:11 PM
    Maybe this is the problem. Too much red tape.

Just send out an e-mail and keep people updated that's all. No need to have any discussions whatsoever. No need for tweets, blog posts on fan sites, or any other nonsense. Just communication directly from the company. Are they afraid?
    100% disagree. Sending pointless emails means people unsubscribe and you can't legally email them again when you actually have a product to sell.

I would do more or less exactly what BlackBerry Mobile is doing...get good reviews and press, tease a little on social media, and wait to send an email until there was a genuine call to action that I could monetize.

05-17-17 02:15 PM
    100% disagree. Sending pointless emails means people unsubscribe and you can't legally email them again when you actually have a product to sell.

I would do more or less exactly what BlackBerry Mobile is doing...get good reviews and press, tease a little on social media, and wait to send an email until there was a genuine call to action that I could monetize.

Pointless e-mails? That's funny. These are opt-in e-mails, not something that's harvested without your consent.

You would do exactly as BBM is doing by keeping your new customers in the dark? Can't imagine that's a sound business plan going forward.
    05-17-17 02:19 PM
    Pointless e-mails? That's funny. These are opt-in e-mails, not something that's harvested without your consent.

You would do exactly as BBM is doing by keeping your new customers in the dark? Can't imagine that's a sound business plan going forward.

I agree, it's amazing all these apologists here thinking TCL is doing the right thing by keeping quiet. Not even a single email.

The May 18th supposed pre order day should have been communicated by the official opt in email.

The May 31st day should have been communicated by official opt in email.

Email is cheap.
    05-17-17 02:32 PM

Might help to read that bb10adopter111 said that if they spammed you and you unsubscribed, then they no longer have your previously opt-in consent to send you further emails.

At this point, people only care when it is available for their purchase. No one cares to read that it's available in the U.K.... unless you're in the U.K. TCL/BlackBerry Mobile should have emailed those in the U.K. I haven't read that they did, so that's something they need to improve upon for Canada and the U.S., at least for these new customers you're talking about, that only signed up and are not followers on CrackBerry, twitter, etc.
    05-17-17 02:33 PM
251 ... 34567 ...