Just hilarious how imcompetent TCL/BBMob is with updating it's customers who signed up since the reveal in MWC.
    ^THIS!!!! - The incompetence is absolutely remarkable...
    05-14-17 09:54 PM
    I can't believe that BlackBerry TCL hasn't issued guidance on how to precisely buy this device on release date in the US. Is it really going to me May 31st? I am dumping an iPhone and Apple Watch to move into the KeyONE and will purchase an android smartwatch for compatibility. So, I am going to lengths to make this move and I have no idea when I can actually order the device. SMH.
    I plan on getting it on tmobile when it launches since I have jump on demand but I'm holding onto my apple watch for now... I had android phones since the g1 but I don't think I can go back after using ios. I hate apple's walled garden and long for a physical keyboard but when I had the priv it lagged and got so hot I couldn't stand it. the camera on my 7 plus is incredible and I never have to charge it before I go to bed no matter what I put it through. Plus I use a mac pro at work and airdrop is wonderful.
    05-14-17 10:16 PM
    I'm skeptical about every date that BlackBerry announces. I would be surprised if anyone here honestly had faith in those announcements.
    Yeah, I'm just waiting for them to say on the 31st, this is a limited rollout of 10,000 units and we expect to have full availability sometime in the fall...
    05-15-17 12:20 AM
    Im in the EXACT same boat as you lionhearted
    05-15-17 02:11 AM
    Superciliousness is not unique to JC
    05-15-17 03:24 AM
    What I don't understand is that BlackBerry has struggled with this problem for a longtime, and TCL has let the problem continue.
    They didn't "let" anything "continue". They are two completely separate companies.
    05-15-17 04:52 AM
    They didn't "let" anything "continue". They are two completely separate companies.
    TCL has let the BlackBerry brand continue to exercise poor communication with people that want to buy the product.

To most people, the two separate companies thing isn't going to matter. It's the BlackBerry logo, BlackBerry name that is still being associated with communication problems.

Posted via CB10
    megafan2000 and iamci like this.
    05-15-17 05:38 AM
    I'm sure they will send the email out in May 18th. In Canada anyway. Everyone will be able to buy in USA and Canada May 31st.
    I'm sure what retail places will be disclosed on the 18th or prior.
    I guess BlackBerry says it's for exclusive KEYone pre-order. We'll see what happens when the pre-orders go live.
    05-15-17 07:26 AM
    I guess I assumed, maybe wrongly, that the purpose of signing up was to receive info ahead of the official release notices or maybe to offer those that signed up a bit of discount or something. I guess there is still some time so we'll see, but I won't hold my breath.
    Or they just used it to estimate demand?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-15-17 08:18 AM
    ^THIS!!!! - The incompetence is absolutely remarkable...
    Well, just like BlackBerry TCL is a company that has not had a lot of experience with direct marketing/sales to consumers. They are used to supporting distributors, which requires completely different skills, systems and processes. I doubt they had a consumer-focused campaign infrastructure in place or staff assigned.

05-15-17 08:22 AM
    Or they just used it to estimate demand?

I guess I would hope both at a minimum.
    05-15-17 08:24 AM
    Yeah, I'm just waiting for them to say on the 31st, this is a limited rollout of 10,000 units and we expect to have full availability sometime in the fall...
    10k? You are way too optimists my dear crackberrian...
    05-15-17 08:38 AM
    Well 3 more days and pre orders are supposed to go live on Canadian carriers..

Let's still hope it'll happen cuz after speaking to a few rogers reps they are all clueless and no further indication on their website nor Bbmobile
    lionhearted and MidCan PM like this.
    05-15-17 09:14 AM
    Well, just like BlackBerry TCL is a company that has not had a lot of experience with direct marketing/sales to consumers. They are used to supporting distributors, which requires completely different skills, systems and processes. I doubt they had a consumer-focused campaign infrastructure in place or staff assigned.

Takes 10 minutes to craft an e-mail to update those who subscribed on the BlackBerry Mobile site. If this were a startup company trying to sell their latest product, you would be inundated with progress updates.

If the CEO can sent out tweets, then he can send out e-mails.
    lionhearted likes this.
    05-15-17 09:38 AM
    If it follows the UK model, you will simply be given links to retailers who hold it. It doesn't appear that Blackberry Mobile plans to sell directly to consumers at all.
    05-15-17 10:05 AM
    Takes 10 minutes to craft an e-mail to update those who subscribed on the BlackBerry Mobile site. If this were a startup company trying to sell their latest product, you would be inundated with progress updates.

If the CEO can sent out tweets, then he can send out e-mails.
    Agreed. Not making excuses for the lack of activity. But that means someone has to articulate the issue and assign resources to solve it. That doesn't appear to have happened.

lionhearted likes this.
    05-15-17 10:08 AM
    Well its finally May 15th and Im with Rogers Wireless and the device hasnt showed up yet on their website or reservation system. BollockS!!!
    MidCan PM likes this.
    05-15-17 12:51 PM
    Well its finally May 15th and Im with Rogers Wireless and the device hasnt showed up yet on their website or reservation system. BollockS!!!
    I thought the announcement was for May 18.

05-15-17 12:58 PM
    Seems like the conclusion is, for those pessimists, it doesn't matter when they announce, no one will believe them unless the release is happening the same day, in which case, that's what they've been doing lately, kept quiet until it's actually available that same day.
    05-15-17 01:41 PM
    I'm hoping I can get it right on the 31st. Will I be able to get it at Tmobile maybe (or some other store) rather than ordering it online?
    05-15-17 01:51 PM
    Seems like the conclusion is, for those pessimists, it doesn't matter when they announce, no one will believe them unless the release is happening the same day, in which case, that's what they've been doing lately, kept quiet until it's actually available that same day.
    Seems like the conclusion is, for those optimists, it doesn't matter when they announce it, no one will admit that the communication could have been better, in which case, that's what they've been doing lately, kept quiet until it's actually available some day

Hahaha... please, don't take it personal, it's just that I find funny that either "side" can have sort of the same argument depending on how you want to see it... I see your point, and also see the other side of the fence...
    05-15-17 02:09 PM
    Has anyone that signed up with BlackBerry Mobile and provided their email address actually received any kind of message? Canada or US?
    Yes
    No
    Furthermore, I would like to pre register on th 18th but I have had zero success getting information from my carrier. Three days away. Nada. Anyone else? I've live chatted twice and called once. Always get stock answers regarding current products but no info for KEYone. Nary a hows-it-goin' from BlackBerry mobile too. Hope I can buy from someone this month-ish.
    05-15-17 07:04 PM
    Seems like the conclusion is, for those optimists, it doesn't matter when they announce it, no one will admit that the communication could have been better, in which case, that's what they've been doing lately, kept quiet until it's actually available some day

Hahaha... please, don't take it personal, it's just that I find funny that either "side" can have sort of the same argument depending on how you want to see it... I see your point, and also see the other side of the fence...
    What would be very comforting for us anxiously waiting would be an

-official email from bbmobile to registered customers
    -actual pre-order form and confirmation

Not really hard to do in 2017. Especially after announcing that it's "available" May 31st.
    05-15-17 07:15 PM
    I can't believe people are still waiting for this phone.
    Complete failure.
    Would have been a hit on February.
    I've moved on.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-15-17 07:26 PM
    I can't believe people are still waiting for this phone.
    Complete failure.
    Would have been a hit on February.
    I've moved on.
    Why?
    05-15-17 07:48 PM
251 1234 ...