Actually there are some variants in NA that are a few months behind.... for whatever random reason BBMo has. And your AT&T unit is only partially on the April Patch... the base portion of the update is from fall of last year. So who know which would be better, your partial April Patch or his full February one?

Bottom line, if updates are important to someone looking for a new phone... Keyone should not really be a consideration at this point. If you want a cheap PKB phone that should still be more secure than any other $250 phone that doesn't get updates either... go for it.
    ATT patch is likely old firmware finally sent out...
    06-23-19 02:19 PM
    I think the Pixel 3 and 3a series have flat displays but I'm not sure.

Honestly, either of these are much better options than the Motion imo, unless you must have the extra 900mAh - 1000mAh of battery.
    Believe they do.

If it weren't for the Motion's camera I'd still be using as our daily driver guaranteed as everything else about it worked exceptionally well for me, including that awesome battery... The batteries on my present devices (5) start at 3400mAh going up from there LOL. So Pixel 3a Xl would have to be it yet now size comfort (too big for my liking) has crept into the picture. Think the 3a Series should do well due to its price/what it has to offer though.

Right now I'm riding the recently purchased KEYone wave hehehe. My wife has a relatively unused (purchased couple months ago) Pixel 2 Xl. Essentially I have six phones at my disposal so realistically, there's no reason for me to be looking for another new device LOL. It's been a good year plus since anything has come into the marketplace where I've said "I must have that", definitely a defining factor here has been price amongst other aspects.
    06-23-19 02:35 PM
    If only the motion used on-screen navigation buttons like most phones, it would probably be my fav bb (after priv) and my daily driver. While I didn't like the volume keys as high as they were, I just couldn't get used to reaching that low for the back and multitasking. Also my 3 year old couldn't hold it in landscape w/ out hitting one of those keys (watching YouT Kids for ex). My keyone is showing no issues except the occasional lag spike which happens on every phone tho, so I'm def sticking w/ that until I see what these rumors of a new device turn into.
    The Motion was my first device with a fingerprint sensor that was awesome, still love how it functions. And I guess it depends how one uses/holds their device cuz personally never had an issue w/nav keys. As for the KEYone, always wanted one and now that I do, pretty impressed with the darn thing... Kinda sad we waited so long to take the plunge
    06-23-19 02:41 PM
    I got the keyone to replace my cracked Note 8,just as a replacement phone but tell y'all what I actually enjoy this phone
    Elky64 and Simon6333 like this.
    06-24-19 10:02 AM
    I got the keyone to replace my cracked Note 8,just as a replacement phone but tell y'all what I actually enjoy this phone
    All things being equal... I think more folks might like a PKB if they tried one.
    Exedorable and Elky64 like this.
    06-24-19 10:48 AM
    I think more folks might like a PKB if they tried one.
    Agreed. Knowing there are (admittedly very limited) options out there is a first step.
    06-24-19 12:17 PM
    Agreed. Knowing there are (admittedly very limited) options out there is a first step.
    Problem is all things aren't equal and never will be....
    06-24-19 01:20 PM
    The average user is already pretty intimidated by the phone they have. They are not going to add a feature that might confuse them more!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-24-19 06:38 PM
    hello,
    I just got a keyone last week. I finally put my classic and passport to the dreaded 'drawer of old phones "
    I got it off of eBay for 129 dollars new in box and I'm sorry I waited. I have an S8 from my work but prefer the keyone.
    good luck whatever you do
    Elky64 likes this.
    07-01-19 06:04 AM
    hello,
    I just got a keyone last week. I finally put my classic and passport to the dreaded 'drawer of old phones "
    I got it off of eBay for 129 dollars new in box and I'm sorry I waited. I have an S8 from my work but prefer the keyone.
    good luck whatever you do
    Good price....

To bad that the KEYone won't be getting the updates that your S8 will for maybe years to come. It's a real same that BBMo wasn't able to offer more than the did.
    07-01-19 08:23 AM
    Don't buy it. It is EOL
    07-01-19 08:49 AM
    Good price....

To bad that the KEYone won't be getting the updates that your S8 will for maybe years to come. It's a real same that BBMo wasn't able to offer more than the did.
    I doubt the S8 will be getting updates for "years to come"
    07-01-19 09:15 AM
    I doubt the S8 will be getting updates for "years to come"
    My S7 is still suppose to be getting some type of updates.... so I think at least two more years for the S8 isn't unreasonable. Bottom line is Google and Samsung are going beyond what they promised two years ago...
    Elky64 likes this.
    07-01-19 09:25 AM
    Don't buy it. It is EOL
    Should easily get their monies worth for that price, plus having fun whilst doing so. As well, depending on variant bought and considering some KEYone's are still receiving security updates, using an autoloader in keeping current may be an option too. So life after death is a definite possibility here.
    07-01-19 09:42 AM
    My S7 is still suppose to be getting some type of updates.... so I think at least two more years for the S8 isn't unreasonable. Bottom line is Google and Samsung are going beyond what they promised two years ago...
    Sold both my GS7 & Edge but dang Samsung pulled all the stops out for those two. Sorta wished we had hung on but it's spilt milk now lol.
    07-01-19 09:46 AM
    Sold both my GS7 & Edge but dang Samsung pulled all the stops out for those two. Sorta wished we had hung on but it's spilt milk now lol.
    Meh, they had poor battery life anyway. I wouldn't have any regrets personally
    07-01-19 10:33 AM
    Doesn't change that their support of that phone far exceeds what BBMo is doing...

And my S7 battery life is fine, double that of my Z10...
    Elky64 likes this.
    07-01-19 10:41 AM
    Can't argue there but that's not the point.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-01-19 11:11 AM
    And my S7 battery life is fine, double that of my Z10...
    Which isn't saying much
    07-01-19 11:21 AM
    Guess I'd have to finally order one

Posted via CB10
    What did you end up doing? Thinking about this device myself.
    07-11-19 10:56 PM
95 ... 234