My AT&T KEYone -036 is on May patch and my BE KEYone -039 is on April patch. Running on AT&T is USA unless I’m living in parallel universe. I’m not sure who’s stuck back in March in USA but you’re holding it wrong ;-)
    Actually there are some variants in NA that are a few months behind.... for whatever random reason BBMo has. And your AT&T unit is only partially on the April Patch... the base portion of the update is from fall of last year. So who know which would be better, your partial April Patch or his full February one?

Bottom line, if updates are important to someone looking for a new phone... Keyone should not really be a consideration at this point. If you want a cheap PKB phone that should still be more secure than any other $250 phone that doesn't get updates either... go for it.
    06-07-19 09:19 AM
    Actually there are some variants in NA that are a few months behind.... for whatever random reason BBMo has. And your AT&T unit is only partially on the April Patch... the base portion of the update is from fall of last year. So who know which would be better, your partial April Patch or his full February one?

Bottom line, if updates are important to someone looking for a new phone... Keyone should not really be a consideration at this point. If you want a cheap PKB phone that should still be more secure than any other $250 phone that doesn't get updates either... go for it.
    I agree since I’ve never been real concerned, I’m not real sure the differences in my two KEYones since I bought the BE for it’s 64GB over the AT&T 32GB and got upgraded the extra 1GB of RAM also. If updates are that important, probably should be looking at proprietary flagships...
    06-07-19 10:20 AM
    Hi,
    I've had my K1 (Black Edition) since 2017 and because I loved it so much, I even bought myself a 2nd K1 (BE) as backup, if something were to ever happen to the one I am using right now.

So, long story cut short:
    I still use my 1st K1 (BE). It's an Optiemus manufactured device running Oreo ABP244. I keep the 2nd K1 (also BE) updated, charge it on occasion (and discharge it, too), so I have a backup at all times.

Happy as hell with it -- never saw the need for a K2... a K3 might interest me but only if I see a jump in specs.

Inference:
    Worth buying at the right price (USD 199 ?)

Cheerio.
    06-07-19 08:31 PM
    Hello lovely people,
    Hope you're all doing great.
    I just found my old BlackBerry Passport laying around. Turned it on and fell in love with it once again, questioned myself that why did I even abandon such a lovely device. Then I realised I was tired of all the work-arounds even for some simple things. BlackBerry Priv was my last BlackBerry device that I used. Was frustrated with it for being slow and laggy (Maybe my unit was faulty)

Coming to the point, I currently use a S10+ I'm okay with the device. But I really miss the physical keyboard. I'm here looking for honest opinions from people who've been using the BlackBerry Keyone in 2019, I've come across a few YouTube videos about the same topic, but nothing beats opinion of the OG CrackBerry Community users. I'll be keeping my S10+ as a secondary device. And using the KeyOne as primary one. Just because of the physical keyboard, again. My question is, how's the phone holding up for you guys? I've just heard that it does lag. I don't care about games and camera. I can always use my secondary phone for the same. My main usage will be Mails, social media i.e Whatsapp only, not even Facebook or Instagram.

I can get hold of a Limited Edition KeyOne for less than 200USD. Been a BlackBerry fan boy since the time of the Curve. Current typing this on my Passport.

Sorry for the long post. And sorry if I got carried away. Opinions are welcome.

TIA.

Posted via CB10
    get a key2 LE. it's an upgrade over the keyone and will get android Pie later this year. 250 euros less than the Key2.
    No brainer
    06-09-19 04:47 PM
    Hello lovely people,
    Hope you're all doing great.
    I just found my old BlackBerry Passport laying around. Turned it on and fell in love with it once again, questioned myself that why did I even abandon such a lovely device. Then I realised I was tired of all the work-arounds even for some simple things. BlackBerry Priv was my last BlackBerry device that I used. Was frustrated with it for being slow and laggy (Maybe my unit was faulty)

Coming to the point, I currently use a S10+ I'm okay with the device. But I really miss the physical keyboard. I'm here looking for honest opinions from people who've been using the BlackBerry Keyone in 2019, I've come across a few YouTube videos about the same topic, but nothing beats opinion of the OG CrackBerry Community users. I'll be keeping my S10+ as a secondary device. And using the KeyOne as primary one. Just because of the physical keyboard, again. My question is, how's the phone holding up for you guys? I've just heard that it does lag. I don't care about games and camera. I can always use my secondary phone for the same. My main usage will be Mails, social media i.e Whatsapp only, not even Facebook or Instagram.

I can get hold of a Limited Edition KeyOne for less than 200USD. Been a BlackBerry fan boy since the time of the Curve. Current typing this on my Passport.

Sorry for the long post. And sorry if I got carried away. Opinions are welcome.

TIA.

Posted via CB10
    Been going strong on the KEYone for 2 years. It started slowing down a lot last year but I did a security swipe at the end of last year and it's been running like a champion. If you do buy a KEYone, I recommend pay the extra $20 on the 4GB black KEYone, that should help big time with the app overload lag.

Right now for the price difference between the 4GB KEYone vs KEY2, I would say the KEYone is a good price. Especially if you're just using it for a communication device.
    06-10-19 01:29 PM
    Yeah to be honest at that price I would go for the BE keyone it's still a fantastic device. I have a silver key 2 and I love it but if I'm honest I think I actually preferred the look and feel to the keyone BE
    06-11-19 11:25 AM
    Yeah to be honest at that price I would go for the BE keyone it's still a fantastic device. I have a silver key 2 and I love it but if I'm honest I think I actually preferred the look and feel to the keyone BE
    Yup, Black Edition KEYone is still awesome
    anon(10573286) likes this.
    06-11-19 03:28 PM
    Yup, Black Edition KEYone is still awesome
    Yeah I've literally considered going back to it but doesn't make sense now. Will just ride the key 2 out till key 3 but I think I will stick with black from now like I said to me the Keyone BE is just better looking and feeling than the silver key 2.
    06-12-19 07:38 AM
    Silver keyone has been my 2nd fav, and becoming my daily driver more and more as my priv is becoming unusable due to battery issues. I've had both the Black Edition and they Key2, and I didn't love either as much (the BE didn't run noticably smoother for me, and looked just a bit too stealthy (didn't get half the looks or the "wow what is THAT??" which my silver one does) and the key2, strangely I admit, felt like an earlier model of a phone (or like a BlackBerry knockoff kinda) it's hard to describe but since I had them both and could lay them down side by side, the key2 had a much more simple, much more square/plain design). I really like how the power buttons on a keyone and priv are on the left side, and in general I prefer to have the buttons split on both sides (to me it looks like the phone is missing something when all the buttons are on only one side). I will def give the key2 honors for having the nicest pkb on any BlackBerry device, but I don't mind the keyone keys at all (and priv are still my fav). But from a design viewpoint, I was disappointed w/ a few things that my old keyone had: on a key2, the nav buttons disappear after a few sec, there are no frets that cut into the body like the grooves on keyone, and in general those 3 dividing chrome accents add a lot of style imho, and they have the same software (I actually like Oreo more than Pie, after having tried Pie on a Razer Phone 2 and Moto g7 Power), also the key2 panels connect w/ this tiny lego-looking gap between the screen and the keyboard, the camera ring on the keyone looked so much more attractive, and after comparing shot vs shot I could never say key2 took better pics (often keyone took noticably better shots, again imho), the rounded sides of the keyone looked so high end and elegant, etc - man, there's just not enough words to describe the experience of having them side by side, the key2 looked like it was version1 of my keyone (which looked like an evolution of the key2 design), surprisingly.
    06-20-19 08:36 PM
    Silver keyone has been my 2nd fav, and becoming my daily driver more and more as my priv is becoming unusable due to battery issues. I've had both the Black Edition and they Key2, and I didn't love either as much (the BE didn't run noticably smoother for me, and looked just a bit too stealthy (didn't get half the looks or the "wow what is THAT??" which my silver one does) and the key2, strangely I admit, felt like an earlier model of a phone (or like a BlackBerry knockoff kinda) it's hard to describe but since I had them both and could lay them down side by side, the key2 had a much more simple, much more square/plain design). I really like how the power buttons on a keyone and priv are on the left side, and in general I prefer to have the buttons split on both sides (to me it looks like the phone is missing something when all the buttons are on only one side). I will def give the key2 honors for having the nicest pkb on any BlackBerry device, but I don't mind the keyone keys at all (and priv are still my fav). But from a design viewpoint, I was disappointed w/ a few things that my old keyone had: on a key2, the nav buttons disappear after a few sec, there are no frets that cut into the body like the grooves on keyone, and in general those 3 dividing chrome accents add a lot of style imho, and they have the same software (I actually like Oreo more than Pie, after having tried Pie on a Razer Phone 2 and Moto g7 Power), also the key2 panels connect w/ this tiny lego-looking gap between the screen and the keyboard, the camera ring on the keyone looked so much more attractive, and after comparing shot vs shot I could never say key2 took better pics (often keyone took noticably better shots, again imho), the rounded sides of the keyone looked so high end and elegant, etc - man, there's just not enough words to describe the experience of having them side by side, the key2 looked like it was version1 of my keyone (which looked like an evolution of the key2 design), surprisingly.
    Funny how perception can change from one person to another.

I much prefer the industrial flat edged look of the KEY2.

There are 2 things that make the KEYone ugly:

-That top bezel (mostly noticeable on the Silver), man that thing looks so 2012.

-The glossy keys

It seems like they tried to design the KEYone so that from the front, the keys kind of blend in with the display to give the illusion of a modern looking all-glass front.
    Except, to achieve that, they would have needed to make the navigation buttons disappear when off like on KEY2/LE, and second, they would have needed to do the same for the keys, so that when the keyboard is not lit up you don't see any letters or characters, just small pieces of glossy black plastic.
    06-20-19 08:54 PM
    that thing looks so 2012.
    Yeah I genuinely don't mind either, the top earpiece speaker (while looking massive and not really performing in any massive way) gives me something else to hold, which is why I'm actually a big fan of bezels. Modern devices give you almost no way to interact w/ them w/ out touching something on the screen unless it's off. I like having another way I can pick up my phone, and do this often when I got GPS running and my phone sitting in a cupholder. Also in general, modern designs are extremely plain glass slabs, to the point where for example: I got rid of my LG v40 after a single day, mainly because it had no identity. Laying there face down or face up I could barely tell what the heck I was looking at (there were some other issues, like a crackling loudspeaker at top volume levels (tho the boombox effect is pretty neat) but the main dealbreaker was - I didn't like holding it, I didn't like looking at it, GG). If given a choice, I'd def prefer matte keys more, but I do enjoy the visual consistency on a keyone, and since I already had matte buttons on a priv this too added to that unique feature set. While the keys going completely black would probably be passable w/ muscle memory, I found disappearing nav buttons on the key2 to be a real nuisance. It's already somewhat harder to use them (to this day I'm not exactly sure where their edge detection stops) and they're maybe half the size of the priv nav buttons lol, but having them fade on me every 5 sec just made me scratch my head.
    06-20-19 09:16 PM
    Yeah I genuinely don't mind either, the top earpiece speaker (while looking massive and not really performing in any massive way) gives me something else to hold, which is why I'm actually a big fan of bezels. Modern devices give you almost no way to interact w/ them w/ out touching something on the screen unless it's off. I like having another way I can pick up my phone, and do this often when I got GPS running and my phone sitting in a cupholder. Also in general, modern designs are extremely plain glass slabs, to the point where for example: I got rid of my LG v40 after a single day, mainly because it had no identity. Laying there face down or face up I could barely tell what the heck I was looking at (there were some other issues, like a crackling loudspeaker at top volume levels (tho the boombox effect is pretty neat) but the main dealbreaker was - I didn't like holding it, I didn't like looking at it, GG). If given a choice, I'd def prefer matte keys more, but I do enjoy the visual consistency on a keyone, and since I already had matte buttons on a priv this too added to that unique feature set. While the keys going completely black would probably be passable w/ muscle memory, I found disappearing nav buttons on the key2 to be a real nuisance. It's already somewhat harder to use them (to this day I'm not exactly sure where their edge detection stops) and they're maybe half the size of the priv nav buttons lol, but having them fade on me every 5 sec just made me scratch my head.
    My idea of key backlighting disappearing would only be when the device's screen is off.

It would be terrible to type without the letters appearing lol
    Exedorable likes this.
    06-21-19 12:23 AM
    I am back on my K1 and loving it. Yes, it's been dogged by lag in the past and I have done some wiping more than once, and what I found was a particular app hogging system resources: Lastpass. Not letting it draw over other apps and prompting passwords has helped enormously.
    The memory is challenged by too many concurrent apps. But I just brought a new clear cover, (my backplane has popped and won't stay in), and it looks great!
    I had a Key2 for a short while, but didn't like the keys, too flat and the 'feel' is weird in comparison to other keyboard BlackBerry I own; like my favourite the Passport SE. I think the K1 comes 2nd after that. Good camera, good battery, it's still great! Alternate launchers can also speed it up. I run a Poco F1 as alternate phone, and that is fast...yet, I still love a keyboard more than anything..! I would say, you will can find shortcomings in any phone, but you can't always find a keyboard.
    Exedorable likes this.
    06-22-19 02:46 AM
    I di.t know why people hate on bezels so much. I love the bezels on my phones. They protect the screen and have an industrial look I prefer. Not hung up on screen size as I mostly read on my phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-22-19 05:21 AM
    I di.t know why people hate on bezels so much. I love the bezels on my phones. They protect the screen and have an industrial look I prefer. Not hung up on screen size as I mostly read on my phone.

I prefer bezels on phones. Picking up the phone it gives fingers a place to hold without touching the screen and possibly opening an app, especially when passing the phone to another person to look at something on the screen.
    Exedorable likes this.
    06-22-19 07:26 AM

I like the S10e's approach to display, it makes maximum use of the footprint, while still having flat sides to make it easier to type on as well as help prevent accidental touches and additionally make it easier to fit a screen protector.
    However, it would have been even better if they went with the flat edges design of the iPhone SE/Motion/KEY2.
    06-22-19 09:00 PM
    I've never understood the trend against bezels, they leave so much room for logos, speakers, accents etc. I may be giving the way-too-big-screen thing another shot in August when the note10 comes out (w/ BlackBerry suite of apps, of course) but kind of on the fence still. I like some things (power button on left like priv/keyone, squared design) but don't like others (no headphone jack, size).
    Elky64 likes this.
    06-22-19 10:11 PM
    I've never understood the trend against bezels, they leave so much room for logos, speakers, accents etc. I may be giving the way-too-big-screen thing another shot in August when the note10 comes out (w/ BlackBerry suite of apps, of course) but kind of on the fence still. I like some things (power button on left like priv/keyone, squared design) but don't like others (no headphone jack, size).
    I like the S10e's flat sides and maximize screen space, but the hole punch or teardrop notch is as far as I would like it to go.

Adding a complex motorized selfie camera, or spring loaded sliding mechanism just for the sake of getting rid of the hole punch or teardrop is absolutely idiotic on a longevity standpoint.

If I'm gonna have moving parts on a smartphone, I want a PKB in there, not a selfie camera lol
    Exedorable and Elky64 like this.
    06-23-19 12:19 AM
    Adding a complex motorized selfie camera, or spring loaded sliding mechanism just for the sake of getting rid of the hole punch or teardrop is absolutely idiotic on a longevity standpoint.

If I'm gonna have moving parts on a smartphone, I want a PKB in there, not a selfie camera lol
    Totally with you on this! Will opted for a huge bezeled phone, or PKB, before I'd even take a second glance at one with a motorized selfie camera/sliding mechanism.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-23-19 11:37 AM
    They're just trying to find new innovations since there's no longer a massive jump in performance from one model to the next like there once was. Less enticement to upgrade.

Owning the Motion got to say, after a very short period of use its bezel weren't even something I focused on. Yes they are on the extreme side but if we can live with them comfortably then any bezel will do LOL.

Curved displays are definitely something I cannot live with nor will we. I'm OK w/Samsung yet that aspect twas the very reason we moved away from their premium series. The S10e and A-series reinstated some hope there's now a Sammy for me yet I'm content where we're at for now, next time maybe.
    06-23-19 11:59 AM
    They're just trying to find new innovations since there's no longer a massive jump in performance from one model to the next like there once was. Less enticement to upgrade.

Owning the Motion got to say, after a very short period of use its bezel weren't even something I focused on. Yes they are on the extreme side but if we can live with them comfortably then any bezel will do LOL.

Curved displays are definitely something I cannot live with nor will we. I'm OK w/Samsung yet that aspect twas the very reason we moved away from their premium series. The S10e and A-series reinstated some hope there's now a Sammy for me yet I'm content where we're at for now, next time maybe.
    I think the Pixel 3 and 3a series have flat displays but I'm not sure.

Honestly, either of these are much better options than the Motion imo, unless you must have the extra 900mAh - 1000mAh of battery.
    06-23-19 12:48 PM
    If only the motion used on-screen navigation buttons like most phones, it would probably be my fav bb (after priv) and my daily driver. While I didn't like the volume keys as high as they were, I just couldn't get used to reaching that low for the back and multitasking. Also my 3 year old couldn't hold it in landscape w/ out hitting one of those keys (watching YouT Kids for ex). My keyone is showing no issues except the occasional lag spike which happens on every phone tho, so I'm def sticking w/ that until I see what these rumors of a new device turn into.
    06-23-19 01:31 PM
    If only the motion used on-screen navigation buttons like most phones, it would probably be my fav bb (after priv) and my daily driver. While I didn't like the volume keys as high as they were, I just couldn't get used to reaching that low for the back and multitasking. Also my 3 year old couldn't hold it in landscape w/ out hitting one of those keys (watching YouT Kids for ex). My keyone is showing no issues except the occasional lag spike which happens on every phone tho, so I'm def sticking w/ that until I see what these rumors of a new device turn into.
    Well, they seemed to really want to stick a huge fingerprint sensor with the BB logo in there. So they figured might as well use that space on the sides of it for the back and recent keys.
    06-23-19 01:33 PM
    might as well use that space on the sides of it for the back and recent keys
    Yeah and aesthetically it was very pleasing, I even liked how when the keys dimmed you could still see their outline, a sort of in between keyone's static buttons and k2's disappearing buttons. But it gave me the cramps lol, like I've only felt on giant 6.4+ phones before that. This is actually one of my fav things about bezels, how they raise the nav keys (priv/Razer phones do it w/ the front speaker).
    06-23-19 01:41 PM
    no... it's no longer being patched and as such is EOL
    06-23-19 02:18 PM
95 1234