If security is a consideration I wouldn't use any unpatched Android for more than a few months. From the little we know publicly about BB Android it seems to largely protect against root based attacks (i.e., Quadrooter) out of the box. If we look at May's security update we can see that many patched issues are related to code execution or information disclosure.

https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2019-05-01
    Such a BIG deal was made about security updates... when they end it's kind hard to forget how important they were suppose to be.

I think most users would be fine for a couple of years without updates... Just like most people would be fine not paying for Insurance on their house. Until something happens. With the Cat5 Hurricane that hit here... it has been very surprising the people that didn't have home Insurance - not just those that couldn't afford it. Even our school system wasn't insured enough, as they simple didn't think it would happen.
    Invictus0 and anon(10387168) like this.
    05-13-19 01:19 PM
    After 30-60 days of using any OS, it becomes intuitive as your brain retrains the rest of you....
    That's true, but it doesn't mean that there aren't meaningful differences between OSes. Just because I can adapt to something so I don't have to think about it much doesn't mean it's optimal or efficient.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-14-19 12:25 AM
    That's true, but it doesn't mean that there aren't meaningful differences between OSes. Just because I can adapt to something so I don't have to think about it much doesn't mean it's optimal or efficient.

Yes, I agree but those differences aren’t meaningful to average person use case. You have to admit your specific use case is outlier. If enough of you existed, I’d be posting from a Z90 running BB15 or BB16 right now.
    05-14-19 08:15 AM
    Yes, I agree but those differences aren’t meaningful to average person use case. You have to admit your specific use case is outlier. If enough of you existed, I’d be posting from a Z90 running BB15 or BB16 right now.
    LOL. I wasn't referring to my personal use case for BB10 but to the general fact that operating systems are designed based on a set of assumptions about what knowledge and skills typical users possess,and the context and tasks for which they will be used.

To address BB10 directly, besides the lack of key apps, many new smartphone users in 2013 were intimidated by the lack of a Home button and confused by the heavy emphasis on the Hub, which is pretty irrelevant for folks who spend their time in various content and social media feeds. For people who think they need apps to perform tasks, BB10 didn't make a lot of sense as one could work all day without ever clicking on a app button ever.

Android, iOS, and BB10 are all quite distinct and support very different use models, even if it is relatively easy to learn them all to the point of unconscious muscle memory.

05-14-19 11:55 AM
    Does the Keyone still have reception issues or have they been resolved across all models now?
    05-14-19 03:03 PM
    Does the Keyone still have reception issues or have they been resolved across all models now?
    I've never noticed any issues with reception on my AT&T locked KEYone.

05-14-19 03:16 PM
    I had the key2 and I rolled back to Keyone gold dual Sim, 64gb and 4 gb of RAM. Before the Key2 I had the black edition. Besides the only problem which is the microphone, other than that this phone is great. Key2 is great as well, keyboard is similar to blackberry classic or Passport. I'm just waiting for the key3 release so I can buy back the Key2.
    mototopo and Avenzuno like this.
    05-14-19 08:46 PM
    Had a silver Key 1 going back a year ago, sold it and bought a key2, I instantly regretted the decision because in my personal opinion the keyone feels like the more expensive device in hand. The key2 for me was too light and strangely I also prefer the glossy smaller keyboard on the key 1.

Anyway I stuck with the key 2 for a while but eventually sold it and bought a iPhone X. The iPhone has been a great phone but I came across an amazing deal on a Black Edition Key 1 for under £200 brand new and couldn't resist going back to the physical keyboard. So I sold the iPhone X for £580 and bought the keyone for £180 and have £400 in the bank.

If I'm honest, I'm so happy to be back on this amazing phone. everything screams quality and with the extra gig of ram I'm noticing no slowdown at all. It's as fast as the iPhone X and Key2 in day to day use. The battery life is also incredible.

If anyone is thinking of getting a keyone in 2019 I'd still 100% recommended it, especially for the price at the moment.
    bh7171 and sesp9 like this.
    05-15-19 11:28 AM
    NO!!! the Key2 is better according to the specs.
    The lag in the lag so bad till I sent for a replacement.
    John Albert likes this.
    05-23-19 05:13 AM
    The AT&T KEYone 3/32, SE KEYone 3/32 and BE KEYone 4/64 are still worth purchase if priced right.

I’d value $150, $200 and $250 if purchased via Amazon site. If you’re buying through AT&T $350 seems high but I suspect that may drop soon. I’d pay $250 through AT&T on payments for the carrier support.
    05-23-19 08:20 AM
    Had a silver Key 1 going back a year ago, sold it and bought a key2, I instantly regretted the decision because in my personal opinion the keyone feels like the more expensive device in hand. The key2 for me was too light and strangely I also prefer the glossy smaller keyboard on the key 1.

Anyway I stuck with the key 2 for a while but eventually sold it and bought a iPhone X. The iPhone has been a great phone but I came across an amazing deal on a Black Edition Key 1 for under £200 brand new and couldn't resist going back to the physical keyboard. So I sold the iPhone X for £580 and bought the keyone for £180 and have £400 in the bank.

If I'm honest, I'm so happy to be back on this amazing phone. everything screams quality and with the extra gig of ram I'm noticing no slowdown at all. It's as fast as the iPhone X and Key2 in day to day use. The battery life is also incredible.

If anyone is thinking of getting a keyone in 2019 I'd still 100% recommended it, especially for the price at the moment.
    I too enjoy my BE BlackBerry Keyone. Excellent device and value.
    05-23-19 11:40 AM
    Just go for Key One :-) its super . I have used it for 2 years now.
    05-23-19 01:32 PM
    I would value the original KEYᵒⁿᵉ 32gb silver USA at around $150 or so clean used ,d for brand-new I'd even go towards $200 wilt lots of accessories included...
    05-23-19 02:37 PM
    I just purchased a KeyONE recently. found a brand new att model without box for $150. I'm hoping it holds up.
    05-31-19 09:41 AM
    Just have it,won't be regretted
    05-31-19 04:18 PM
    nope, it's EOL
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 06-07-19 at 05:19 AM.
    06-02-19 02:08 PM
    I bought a silver keyone 2 weeks ago from Amazon UK.
    It's a great device for a blackberry fan and I haven't had any of the lag issues that some on here complain of. This phone has been nothing but smooth sailing for me.
    Yes android isn't as intuitive as BB10 and I find myself trying to swipe around the screens all the time, even after using a modern Huawei for a year since my classic! However it's a 2 horse smartphone race now and I think BB did well with the android tweaks they made.
    Yeah key2 would be a dream if it ran BB10 I really miss the swipe gestures but it's not a deal breaker for me. I've been very happy with my silver key 2
    06-06-19 08:22 AM
    I wouldn't go for a two year old phone. I would rather go for key2.
    06-06-19 10:30 AM
    I wouldn't go for a two year old phone. I would rather go for key2.
    Most flagship or upper mid range phones from two years ago would be just fine, unless you really want to have several years of security updates ahead of you
    06-06-19 01:39 PM
    Most flagship or upper mid range phones from two years ago would be just fine, unless you really want to have several years of security updates ahead of you
    Buying a two year old phone....

Needs to be an Apple, Samsung or a Pixel, if you want updates and patches for the long term.
    06-06-19 01:46 PM
    Buying a two year old phone....

Needs to be an Apple, Samsung or a Pixel, if you want updates and patches for the long term.
    Right, but that doesn't make the hardware inside the phone any less capable
    06-06-19 02:18 PM
    have the ketone on mobile and not all features work (Wi-Fi calling). had it over a year but have to replace it due to flaky issues and back is off the device.
    06-06-19 09:17 PM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ US unlocked no security patches since february...

Many other versions keep receiving updates. Little wonder the US TSA has turned their back on BlackBerry favoring iPhone who will soon open chip production on US soil...

I take it as a sign it is EOL

And they keep crippling apps removing features.

I have had to downgrade back in time to get that restored now for EIGHT BlackBerry apps and services…

How sad!!
    06-07-19 05:20 AM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ US unlocked no security patches since february...

Many other versions keep receiving updates. Little wonder the US TSA has turned their back on BlackBerry favoring iPhone who will soon open chip production on US soil...

I take it as a sign it is EOL

And they keep crippling apps removing features.

I have had to downgrade back in time to get that restored now for EIGHT BlackBerry apps and services…

How sad!!
    My AT&T KEYone -036 is on May patch and my BE KEYone -039 is on April patch. Running on AT&T is USA unless I’m living in parallel universe. I’m not sure who’s stuck back in March in USA but you’re holding it wrong ;-)
    06-07-19 05:59 AM
    I prefer my keyone to key2 and I've gone back to the one has it works better and has better battery life.
    06-07-19 06:19 AM
95 1234