Hello lovely people,
    Hope you're all doing great.
    I just found my old BlackBerry Passport laying around. Turned it on and fell in love with it once again, questioned myself that why did I even abandon such a lovely device. Then I realised I was tired of all the work-arounds even for some simple things. BlackBerry Priv was my last BlackBerry device that I used. Was frustrated with it for being slow and laggy (Maybe my unit was faulty)

Coming to the point, I currently use a S10+ I'm okay with the device. But I really miss the physical keyboard. I'm here looking for honest opinions from people who've been using the BlackBerry Keyone in 2019, I've come across a few YouTube videos about the same topic, but nothing beats opinion of the OG CrackBerry Community users. I'll be keeping my S10+ as a secondary device. And using the KeyOne as primary one. Just because of the physical keyboard, again. My question is, how's the phone holding up for you guys? I've just heard that it does lag. I don't care about games and camera. I can always use my secondary phone for the same. My main usage will be Mails, social media i.e Whatsapp only, not even Facebook or Instagram.

I can get hold of a Limited Edition KeyOne for less than 200USD. Been a BlackBerry fan boy since the time of the Curve. Current typing this on my Passport.

Sorry for the long post. And sorry if I got carried away. Opinions are welcome.

TIA.

Posted via CB10
    arif b santoso likes this.
    05-11-19 08:55 PM
    been using mine since March last year. still happy with it.
    05-11-19 09:10 PM
    Go for it at that price. It needs the extra memory. Using it as you describe will be perfect.
    I'm just finishing up 3 weeks in mostly Eastern Europe with the KeyOne as my only computer access and not a problem to keep up with work and home.
    05-12-19 12:47 AM
    Go for it at that price. It needs the extra memory. Using it as you describe will be perfect.
    I'm just finishing up 3 weeks in mostly Eastern Europe with the KeyOne as my only computer access and not a problem to keep up with work and home.
    Thanx a lot, I am tempted to order one so bad!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-19 01:45 AM
    I got my Black edition Keyone six weeks ago , No lag on the Black Edition due to the extra ram
    For me it's been a great buy , looks good and feels good in the hand
    👍
    05-12-19 02:39 AM
    for that price go ahead,
    05-12-19 02:58 AM
    Guess I'd have to finally order one

Posted via CB10
    05-12-19 03:13 AM
    My KeyOne is close to two years old. My first one had to be replaced for the back lifting off. The second I had the usual memory problems but if I clear the caches each day I don't have any problems. The Android is a necessary change and even after two years I'm probably too stuck in my ways to be taking full advantage.
    05-12-19 03:53 AM
    I just bought the BE last month and once I get home from vacation I will be switching over from this Priv. I'm excited about the change!
    05-12-19 06:19 AM
    Only if you're aware and ok with the possibility that the KeyOne might be EOL.
    05-12-19 04:30 PM
    Only if you're aware and ok with the possibility that the KeyOne might be EOL.
    If EOL means a stable version of the 2nd newest Android version, that's better than 80%+ of all the Android phones currently in service. Add to that the BlackBerry security features, and a KEYone with the current patch should be a great performer for another couple of years, with 100% Android app compatibility.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    BBHermes, StJohnSmythe and sesp9 like this.
    05-12-19 05:15 PM
    Where can you buy at less than $200? Im trying to get it too but Im going to ask the experts here if its good with Tmobile
    05-12-19 06:54 PM
    Where can you buy at less than $200? Im trying to get it too but Im going to ask the experts here if its good with Tmobile
    Getting used ones in mint condition. I'm from India, most of the people here do not value how great the BlackBerry devices are, which results in lower price of the device as it isn't in hype like the Androids and the iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    valer466 likes this.
    05-13-19 12:16 AM
    Getting used ones in mint condition. I'm from India, most of the people here do not value how great the BlackBerry devices are, which results in lower price of the device as it isn't in hype like the Androids and the iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    Olx Zindabad!
    05-13-19 01:59 AM
    I bought a silver keyone 2 weeks ago from Amazon UK.
    It's a great device for a blackberry fan and I haven't had any of the lag issues that some on here complain of. This phone has been nothing but smooth sailing for me.
    Yes android isn't as intuitive as BB10 and I find myself trying to swipe around the screens all the time, even after using a modern Huawei for a year since my classic! However it's a 2 horse smartphone race now and I think BB did well with the android tweaks they made.
    05-13-19 02:03 AM
    What country are you in and what model are you considering? Just make sure you get the right model for your area.

I just recently got a KEYone Black Edition from a retailer on Amazon for $279. It's really great! But I was able to find the correct version for my area of the world.
    05-13-19 05:28 AM
    I bought a silver keyone 2 weeks ago from Amazon UK.
    It's a great device for a blackberry fan and I haven't had any of the lag issues that some on here complain of. This phone has been nothing but smooth sailing for me.
    Yes android isn't as intuitive as BB10 and I find myself trying to swipe around the screens all the time, even after using a modern Huawei for a year since my classic! However it's a 2 horse smartphone race now and I think BB did well with the android tweaks they made.
    After 30-60 days of using any OS, it becomes intuitive as your brain retrains the rest of you....
    05-13-19 05:54 AM
    Hello lovely people,
    Hope you're all doing great.
    I just found my old BlackBerry Passport laying around. Turned it on and fell in love with it once again, questioned myself that why did I even abandon such a lovely device. Then I realised I was tired of all the work-arounds even for some simple things. BlackBerry Priv was my last BlackBerry device that I used. Was frustrated with it for being slow and laggy (Maybe my unit was faulty)

Coming to the point, I currently use a S10+ I'm okay with the device. But I really miss the physical keyboard. I'm here looking for honest opinions from people who've been using the BlackBerry Keyone in 2019, I've come across a few YouTube videos about the same topic, but nothing beats opinion of the OG CrackBerry Community users. I'll be keeping my S10+ as a secondary device. And using the KeyOne as primary one. Just because of the physical keyboard, again. My question is, how's the phone holding up for you guys? I've just heard that it does lag. I don't care about games and camera. I can always use my secondary phone for the same. My main usage will be Mails, social media i.e Whatsapp only, not even Facebook or Instagram.

I can get hold of a Limited Edition KeyOne for less than 200USD. Been a BlackBerry fan boy since the time of the Curve. Current typing this on my Passport.

Sorry for the long post. And sorry if I got carried away. Opinions are welcome.

TIA.

Posted via CB10
    Had my KeyOne Black Edition for 11 months... Upgraded to Oreo and runs smooth with no lag experienced by me... I use mine for business purposes and it handles all I can throw at it... Love the look and feel and the BlackBerry apps mixed with Microsoft (ex Windows Phone) work really well for me... Just love the phone and not looking for anything else as can't do without a pkb...
    sesp9 likes this.
    05-13-19 07:49 AM
    Skip it, get a K2! K1 was just a marginal improvement over Priv.
    05-13-19 07:56 AM
    Olx Zindabad!
    Hahah that too, but I got a different source.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-19 09:26 AM
    What country are you in and what model are you considering? Just make sure you get the right model for your area.

I just recently got a KEYone Black Edition from a retailer on Amazon for $279. It's really great! But I was able to find the correct version for my area of the world.
    Hello,
    I'm from India, and I'm getting the KeyOne Limited Edition. I assume you're talking about the network bands that the phone would support? If that's the case, then yes, it should work fine in my country, yet I'd surely double check before buying.

Thanx!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-19 09:28 AM
    Had my KeyOne Black Edition for 11 months... Upgraded to Oreo and runs smooth with no lag experienced by me... I use mine for business purposes and it handles all I can throw at it... Love the look and feel and the BlackBerry apps mixed with Microsoft (ex Windows Phone) work really well for me... Just love the phone and not looking for anything else as can't do without a pkb...
    I'd be using the phone almost for the same too. Thank you for your inputs.

Posted via CB10
    Grungni likes this.
    05-13-19 09:30 AM
    Skip it, get a K2! K1 was just a marginal improvement over Priv.
    I wish I could find a Key2 for the price I'm getting the KeyOne at. I'd have surely purchased the same.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-19 09:31 AM
    Hello,
    I'm from India, and I'm getting the KeyOne Limited Edition. I assume you're talking about the network bands that the phone would support? If that's the case, then yes, it should work fine in my country, yet I'd surely double check before buying.

Thanx!

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like that's definitely the model for you! Good luck and enjoy!
    05-13-19 09:32 AM
    If EOL means a stable version of the 2nd newest Android version, that's better than 80%+ of all the Android phones currently in service. Add to that the BlackBerry security features, and a KEYone with the current patch should be a great performer for another couple of years, with 100% Android app compatibility.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    If security is a consideration I wouldn't use any unpatched Android for more than a few months. From the little we know publicly about BB Android it seems to largely protect against root based attacks (i.e., Quadrooter) out of the box. If we look at May's security update we can see that many patched issues are related to code execution or information disclosure.

https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2019-05-01
    05-13-19 09:34 AM
95 123 ...