I have a protective case but when I push down on the volume rocker, convenience key or power button. It's not hard but not as easy as it is with no case at all.

I have in the past dropped my phone but it's not often. The first time I dropped it, I broke the screen and I know that's more of a screen protector issue.

Should I keep a cases on it or not? What do most of you do?
    Last edited by Nick6995; 03-23-18 at 11:52 AM.
    03-23-18 11:11 AM
    If I had the keyone I would definitely put a case on it. Maybe after having it for a couple of weeks or so I would try with out it. Seems a lot of users are dropping this phone
    03-23-18 11:17 AM
    i tried few cases. some have ****ty clicky buttons some are really good.
    i use my phone sometimes with and sometimes without a case
    phrogpilot73 likes this.
    03-23-18 11:32 AM
    I've tried a few times on different phones and stopped buying them. Currently have a K1. My toddler threw it to the ground and no damage. My wife broke her backing without one. Got her a case and my daughter damaged it but it was an easy fix.
    03-23-18 11:44 AM
    I prefer a case for my K1. It's just easier to type on. Without the case, my hands hurt and I find it difficult to hit some buttons.
    03-23-18 12:05 PM
    My case, a Stilgut, does not cover the buttons so there's no interference.
    03-23-18 12:10 PM
    Where can one find that case?
    03-23-18 12:30 PM
    Where can one find that case?
    Me? I got it on Amazon. But Stilgut.com, I believe will lead you there.
    03-23-18 03:38 PM
    I got this case for my KeyOne. And believe me it's beautiful in and worth it.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...UvbUpU13158428
    03-23-18 06:49 PM
    I believe that though adding a case is taking a good to great measure (depending on the case) to protect your device however, a case is messing with the device form factor and that can take a significant effect on the overall experience, depending how much one use the device, assuming that they use it a lot.

Dropping a device is very probable however I believe that it has a lot to do with how one handle it. While I can't describe any scenario, few that come to mind is opening your car door while holding it in the same hand, doing the same while you unlock your house door or holding the device with your shoulder while using both hands to do something else.

There are million more scenarios and one might say that it's impossible to manage life while constantly thinking about the likelihood of your device falling, I tend to think otherwise and prefer to be mindful of how my $600.00 are handled.

That being said, some well designed cases (like UAG for example) are actually helping the form factor of some devices, unfortunately none of which is available for the KEYone, or any of the BlackBerry Android devices.

Watch, my naked device is going to take a hit now....
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-18 07:07 PM
    Well, I put an H9 glass screen protector on mine. Have dropped it 3 times in 6 months. last time, H9 glass broke a little corner piece out of it. Very glad it was my protector and not the screen. Now my OCD is kicking in and although damage to screen protector is not noticeable, I must change it! Lol.
    03-23-18 08:40 PM
    I use a small ring on the back of my naked keyone with my matte protector. Awesome combo.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-18 09:22 PM
    I love to use my KEYone naked when I know it's more of a professional scenario or if I know I'm going out to a fancier occasion. In those instances I like to use my Z30 sleeve, which works perfectly. With the Z30 it would put it to sleep because of the magnet inside. That doesn't happen now but I like the taking my phone out of my pocket and taking it out of the sleeve. It's and additional step but I love using the sleeve. Otherwise, on day to day use I slap on 1 of 2 cases. The Avidet clear TPU case showcases the KEYone's beauty whereas the Basstop case covers the aluminum (except the top front) it makes me think I have a black edition KEYone. They are both great and under $10 a piece, I can't complain for a little protection should I set my phone down on a hard surface.
    03-23-18 10:06 PM
    I love to use my KEYone naked when I know it's more of a professional scenario or if I know I'm going out to a fancier occasion. In those instances I like to use my Z30 sleeve, which works perfectly. With the Z30 it would put it to sleep because of the magnet inside. That doesn't happen now but I like the taking my phone out of my pocket and taking it out of the sleeve. It's and additional step but I love using the sleeve. Otherwise, on day to day use I slap on 1 of 2 cases. The Avidet clear TPU case showcases the KEYone's beauty whereas the Basstop case covers the aluminum (except the top front) it makes me think I have a black edition KEYone. They are both great and under $10 a piece, I can't complain for a little protection should I set my phone down on a hard surface.
    The sleep magnet is probably not aligned for the Keyone as it was for the Z30.
    03-24-18 12:52 AM
    Incipio is the case I got. Work pretty good with volume keys and I've dropped it about 25 times and haven't damaged it.
    03-24-18 12:05 PM
    I have a red flip case on my Keyone. And a thin film screen protector. Probably overkill but I work on a lot of old vehicles, equipment and do quite a bit of machining and welding.
    03-25-18 12:15 AM
    This is the red case I'm using.
    Attached Thumbnails To Protective Case or Not to Protective Case-83373.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    03-25-18 12:16 AM