I posted previously that I am unable to connect via wifi to my home network. I am able to connect on any other wifi service. This just started happening within the week. I contacted Verizon Wireless, then I ended up contacting my router manufacturer, Linxsys. Ultimately, they felt that Blackberry probably needs to help me with the proper wifi connection settings. They said once I have that information, they can help me change the settings on my Linxsys EA6350 (I think - I am doing this from memory since I'm not at home) so that it will re-connect to wifi on my KeyOne. The crazy thing is that all my other devices (an Android tablet, laptops, etc.) will connect with a strong signal. It is almost like the 2gHz signal is disabled now on the KeyOne just like the 5gHz. It's crazy that I have to use all my other devices to access the internet (and not use data) or that I can access wifi as long as I am not home. I can't download app updates now unless I am elsewhere.

Bla1ze had me "forget" the wifi network on my KeyOne and then reconnect. Unfortunately, when I try to reconnect, it connects for 1-2 seconds, then it disconnects again.

More information: Verizon had me start removing apps as they said I must have updated one that caused this issue. I started removing the ones I thoughts weren't important but that is a long tedious process and in my opinion, should not have only affected my home network and nowhere else.

So, does anyone know what the settings should be to connect? Again, from memory, I think Linxsys said it is an AC120 Dual Band router.

Thanks for any assistance.
    08-30-18 08:12 AM
    is your Keyone running Nougat or Oreo?
    08-30-18 10:13 AM
    Are you able to test with other wifi networks? On 2.4 and on 5 Ghz?
    08-30-18 10:19 AM
    Is your router broadcasting two different networks? For example: Linksys and Linksys-5. Of course "Linksys" is whatever your network is named.

Make sure you are connecting to the network without the -5 at the end, or be sure you are not connecting to the "2.4GHz/5GHz" or "5GHz" network if there is not a "-5". The network needs to broadcast just "2.4GHz". You'll be able to see which network is which in the Wireless or WiFi settings on your router. It should be displayed under each network with likely a drop-down to change selections.

If the issue continues, you can try what BBMo had suggested (which is NOT what anyone should suggest), and that is to change your WiFi security to "WEP". The downside to this is weaker security.
    08-30-18 12:04 PM
    Hello everyone. Thanks for the help. I am on Nougat (unfortunately). As far as I know, I am only connecting to the 2.4gHz network. It has worked just fine since I purchased the KeyOne in March - now since Sunday it connects on wifi everywhere EXCEPT my home wifi network. Prior to Sunday, it even worked on my network. So I don't know what happened.
    08-30-18 12:29 PM
    My Nougat KeyONE had a strange problem associating to one specific wifi ap in that I had to stay very close to the AP (turned out K1 was using super low transmit power to talk to that one AP for some strange reason)
    The problem went away after the Oreo update. See if your problem is also distance dependent, then it would likely be fixed with Oreo.
    Last edited by pooyam; 08-30-18 at 07:09 PM.
    08-30-18 03:54 PM