Does anyone else have problems staying connected with their KEYone while using public WiFi? I work kinda out in the boonies and nobody has cell phone reception unless they hold up one leg and do a chant to the Gods above, and that's while standing next to the front door to the building, and only on Fridays after 4.

Anyway, I have to connect to my store's public WiFi so I can get calls and stuff. Sometimes after only a few seconds, I get booted or disconnected. My WiFi symbol gets the little "x" on the bottom. Absolutely nothing, not even a system wipe and restore, can get my KEYone to stay connected. And it's not just where I work. I happens at every public WiFi hotspot. Every single time.

Now I know it's not the WiFi hotspot, because I've had an iPhone 7 Plus at these same locations and it works fine as well as my second phone that I have right now, a Passport. Both phones stay connected as long I am there with no problems.

I'm on email tech support trying to figure this out and I might have to get mine replaced. I have to collect system logs today of the events and capture a few screenshots of the WiFi symbol after it gets booted.
    10-04-17 08:26 AM
    Let us know what Tech support says....

Some 625 users do complain about WiFi reception in general, due to the MIMO Configuration of 1x1 (1-stream). Even the Passport had a 2x2 MIMO configuration....
    10-04-17 08:52 AM
    Let us know what Tech support says....

Some 625 users do complain about WiFi reception in general, due to the MIMO Configuration of 1x1 (1-stream). Even the Passport had a 2x2 MIMO configuration....
    It's not the reception, it's public WiFi in general. Every single password protected hotspot I use, including my own home, is fine on both the KEYone and Passport. It's just the KEYone and unsecured hotspots. I have absolutely no idea why. I don't think it's Android at all because I've had a Note 5 that had no issues.
    10-04-17 09:58 AM