I used to loath having to use Maps on my KEYone because opening it would take such a long time. This issue persisted no matter how frequently I reset my phone or cleared the general cache. After a recent cache clearing didn't do the trick, I googled how to make Maps run faster and came across a Google page suggesting I clear the Maps specific cache. There seemed to be ~200mb there.

Whatever the reason, this seemed to do the trick. It's been about three weeks and I haven't had any issues opening Maps since. The phone also seems to be snappier too (even with a 1.15gb general cache going on).
    FF22 likes this.
    06-11-18 09:10 PM
    I've found downloading for offline use makes a big difference
    06-11-18 09:26 PM
    I used to loath having to use Maps on my KEYone because opening it would take such a long time. This issue persisted no matter how frequently I reset my phone or cleared the general cache. After a recent cache clearing didn't do the trick, I googled how to make Maps run faster and came across a Google page suggesting I clear the Maps specific cache. There seemed to be ~200mb there.

Whatever the reason, this seemed to do the trick. It's been about three weeks and I haven't had any issues opening Maps since. The phone also seems to be snappier too (even with a 1.15gb general cache going on).
    And you found this “Maps specific” cache where?
    06-11-18 11:37 PM
    And you found this “Maps specific” cache where?
    Settings, Apps, Maps, Storage, Clear Cache
    06-12-18 12:31 AM
    Settings, Apps, Maps, Storage, Clear Cache
    OK. This should clear when doing a general cache clear. I’m almost sure my KEYone does.
    06-12-18 12:40 AM
    OK. This should clear when doing a general cache clear. I’m almost sure my KEYone does.
    I agree thinking about it!
    06-12-18 12:51 AM
    I thought the same thing, but I had cleared the "general cache" a day or two before that and there still seemed to be a decent amount of data in the "specific" one.

Maybe I'm wrong and all of this is a giant coincidence. Either way, the phone is running better as a result. I'll take it, whatever the reason.
    06-12-18 06:27 AM
    For me it only opened slowly when I really needed it to open quickly, because I was in a rush. :/ Clearing cache and rebooting always helped for a while, but it would always bite me again at a bad time.
    06-12-18 08:42 AM
    FWIW just tested my KEYone and clearing the main internal cache Settings>Storage>Internal Shared Storage, cleared the Google maps cache completely as well.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-18 09:48 AM
    FWIW just tested my KEYone and clearing the main internal cache Settings>Storage>Internal Shared Storage, cleared the Google maps cache completely as well.
    Haha, I guess it was just a big coincidence then. Still happy with the results. Thanks for checking behind me.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-18 10:14 AM
    I thought the same thing, but I had cleared the "general cache" a day or two before that and there still seemed to be a decent amount of data in the "specific" one.
    Just keep in mind that Google Maps automatically caches the map of your "home zone". So it might be that, after you cleared the "general cache", it just downloaded your area for offline use again.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-18 12:49 PM