Hello all,

I've threw my sim into my Priv for the past month. (Missed having a keyboard) I usually slide it into the back pocket of my jeans and off I go. Well this morning the coffee must not have kicked in yet because I picked up my phone, went to slide it into my back pocket, and completely missed. It tumbled down my super-durable concrete steps and landed face-down. After I could breathe again, I picked it up and there's one horizonal crack in the screen. Doesn't affect usage at all as far as I can tell, and I can only see it if I look at it from an angle. I was curious if I could run a thin bead of superglue or something to just keep it from spreading? Not sure if that would be a good thing or not. Any thoughts or comments on that would be appreciated.

That being said, I decided to take this moment as a sign that I should order the KEYone because I've really been wanting to pick one up. (Also ordered a case... even though I love the naked look) With a one year old running around, my tech budget took a hit, so I couldn't go for a KEYtwo just yet.

I know about the early production runs and the screen falling out issues. I ended up buying a used one from Amazon for $270ish and then started thinking to myself, "Well dummy... You just ordered a used KEYone and with your luck it's going to be one with a screen issue." So I was curious if there was a definitive date I could check to confirm that my device was built after the screen lift issue was corrected, as well as if I could just add my own superglue if I did get a screen issue.

Sorry for the wall of text... If anyone had any thoughts, guidance, or advice on these two issues, I would be grateful.

Take care...
    09-17-18 09:59 AM
    Hi
    Are you located in the US?
    And are you able to return it?
    09-17-18 11:03 AM
    well if you are located in the US and you are able to return it. I'd highly recommend getting the keyone black edition ebay has them new for $350 it's the 4gb ram 64gb storage and it works grt here in the US
    09-17-18 01:42 PM
    Hello all,

I've threw my sim into my Priv for the past month. (Missed having a keyboard) I usually slide it into the back pocket of my jeans and off I go. Well this morning the coffee must not have kicked in yet because I picked up my phone, went to slide it into my back pocket, and completely missed. It tumbled down my super-durable concrete steps and landed face-down. After I could breathe again, I picked it up and there's one horizonal crack in the screen. Doesn't affect usage at all as far as I can tell, and I can only see it if I look at it from an angle. I was curious if I could run a thin bead of superglue or something to just keep it from spreading? Not sure if that would be a good thing or not. Any thoughts or comments on that would be appreciated.

That being said, I decided to take this moment as a sign that I should order the KEYone because I've really been wanting to pick one up. (Also ordered a case... even though I love the naked look) With a one year old running around, my tech budget took a hit, so I couldn't go for a KEYtwo just yet.

I know about the early production runs and the screen falling out issues. I ended up buying a used one from Amazon for $270ish and then started thinking to myself, "Well dummy... You just ordered a used KEYone and with your luck it's going to be one with a screen issue." So I was curious if there was a definitive date I could check to confirm that my device was built after the screen lift issue was corrected, as well as if I could just add my own superglue if I did get a screen issue.

Sorry for the wall of text... If anyone had any thoughts, guidance, or advice on these two issues, I would be grateful.

Take care...
    Mid July 2017 is when the fix was supposedly applied.

This might still show:

You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1 - Dial *#2886#
    2 - Hit "MANU"
    3 - Then "Traceability" on top
    4 - Hit "Pass"
    5 - On the bottom should be your build date
    6 - Hit "Pass" again
    7 - Scroll to bottom and hit "exit"

You should get a date code like in:

yyyymmdd

But will you be able to return it if that shows issues?
    phuoc likes this.
    09-17-18 01:58 PM
    Thanks for the reply. It should be waiting on my porch when I get home. I may be able to return it, I was just trying to get in on the KEYone as cheap as I could. Not always the best option taking the cheaper route, but I appreciate your input.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-18 01:59 PM
    Thanks for the reply. It should be waiting on my porch when I get home. I may be able to return it, I was just trying to get in on the KEYone as cheap as I could. Not always the best option taking the cheaper route, but I appreciate your input.
    Come back with any questions.
    09-17-18 05:45 PM
    Mid July 2017 is when the fix was supposedly applied.

This might still show:

You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1 - Dial *#2886#
    2 - Hit "MANU"
    3 - Then "Traceability" on top
    4 - Hit "Pass"
    5 - On the bottom should be your build date
    6 - Hit "Pass" again
    7 - Scroll to bottom and hit "exit"

You should get a date code like in:

yyyymmdd

But will you be able to return it if that shows issues?
    I just tried this on KEYone with Oreo 8.1. The build date displayed as ******** :-(
    09-17-18 05:53 PM
    Thank you! I just did it for me running 7.1.1 and it showed 20170903. So hopefully that means I am alright. Going to throw a case on it for sure. Appreciate the help!
    09-17-18 07:33 PM
    I just tried this on KEYone with Oreo 8.1. The build date displayed as ******** :-(
    Yes, others have reported that it no longer shows the date under Oreo - no sure if it is version specific or not???
    09-17-18 09:52 PM
    Thank you! I just did it for me running 7.1.1 and it showed 20170903. So hopefully that means I am alright. Going to throw a case on it for sure. Appreciate the help!
    That should be Sept 3, 2017.
    09-17-18 09:52 PM
    I have an early build K1 and for the past year it has been my work phone. it has definitely been through some rough handling and I have yet to experience any screen lift problems. A lot of early builds never did either.

That being said, if knowingly given a choice, a later build would be a safer bet.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-18-18 09:42 AM