Close to 3 years and I have finally traded in my Priv for the keyone. My initial thoughts after a week of usage. I will end each point with a comparison to the Priv

1. Battery life is terrific. 2 days of usage with 5 hours screen on time. I think its brilliant. Priv was dead on the first day regardless of usage. 3 hours SOT or less and it needs the plug at 6. Poor!

2. Software is so much more better and smoother ! The boot time and little niggles like the over heating etc , all gone!

3. Camera just too good. The 18 megapixel just doesn't cut it after you've snapped with this, I'd say this is the best camera ever on a blackberry.

4. Built quality is fantastic , the Priv wasn't shabby , I dropped that device plenty and the screen never got cracked and I never had a case as well. The K1 feels like a tank.

5. Keyboard. love the clickyness of the keyone but the Priv had that shallow hallow button feel that I also quite enjoyed. I'm torn between these two but I think I'm starting to like the soft clickyness of the K1.

6. Screen on the Priv was better , the keyone screen is okay I suppose , it's not for content , I rarely used my priv for contact , the odd YouTube video here and there , but watching videos on the keyone is OK I suppose.

7. Form factor I'd still give to the Priv , hands down the greatest form factor ever was that slider but lack of software support horrible heating from mine was why I changed. We really do need a Priv 2.0

8. Performance is great , does what I need it to do but so did the Priv , I don't really notice a faster quicker device , they both worked really well

9. Price I paid for the Priv was 7000 rand and the Keyone black edition 64gb I paid 5000 for a demo. I'd say the keyone is more value for money because of the future software support.

To conclude I'd say an upgrade by a couple of steps, it's a great device and if you have a priv you need to upgrade to this ASAP to enjoy the software and battery life as well as they keyboard , other than that you not really missing out on much.

Will be keeping this for a good 2 years before I look at the next blackberry device,

My journey with blackberry continues.

9300 > 9320 > z30 > passport > priv > keyone black edition (current)
    xcellsolution, FF22 and Sigewif like this.
    04-29-18 10:36 AM
    Congrats on the KEYone black edition, I use it as a daily, amazing device
    04-29-18 11:03 AM
    Other then the screen, the keyone smokes the PRIV in every respect. I went through multiple privs and they were basically trash compared to this phone, in my opinion.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    04-30-18 12:47 PM
    Posted via CB10
    05-01-18 12:10 PM
    To keep it simple, The screen quality is the only win I can give the Priv. Everything else belongs to the Keyone. Almost 6 months in and I am still content as if it were the first day I got it.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    05-01-18 02:25 PM
    Close to 3 years and I have finally traded in my Priv for the keyone. My initial thoughts after a week of usage. I will end each point with a comparison to the Priv

1. Battery life is terrific. 2 days of usage with 5 hours screen on time. I think its brilliant. Priv was dead on the first day regardless of usage. 3 hours SOT or less and it needs the plug at 6. Poor!

2. Software is so much more better and smoother ! The boot time and little niggles like the over heating etc , all gone!

3. Camera just too good. The 18 megapixel just doesn't cut it after you've snapped with this, I'd say this is the best camera ever on a blackberry.

4. Built quality is fantastic , the Priv wasn't shabby , I dropped that device plenty and the screen never got cracked and I never had a case as well. The K1 feels like a tank.

5. Keyboard. love the clickyness of the keyone but the Priv had that shallow hallow button feel that I also quite enjoyed. I'm torn between these two but I think I'm starting to like the soft clickyness of the K1.

6. Screen on the Priv was better , the keyone screen is okay I suppose , it's not for content , I rarely used my priv for contact , the odd YouTube video here and there , but watching videos on the keyone is OK I suppose.

7. Form factor I'd still give to the Priv , hands down the greatest form factor ever was that slider but lack of software support horrible heating from mine was why I changed. We really do need a Priv 2.0

8. Performance is great , does what I need it to do but so did the Priv , I don't really notice a faster quicker device , they both worked really well

9. Price I paid for the Priv was 7000 rand and the Keyone black edition 64gb I paid 5000 for a demo. I'd say the keyone is more value for money because of the future software support.

To conclude I'd say an upgrade by a couple of steps, it's a great device and if you have a priv you need to upgrade to this ASAP to enjoy the software and battery life as well as they keyboard , other than that you not really missing out on much.

Will be keeping this for a good 2 years before I look at the next blackberry device,

My journey with blackberry continues.

9300 > 9320 > z30 > passport > priv > keyone black edition (current)
    Firstly congratulations for making a huge leap from PRIV to KeyOne. For me both the devices are poles apart. I used the PRIV for more than a year but always had issues with overheating, sluggishness and poor battery life.
    KeyOne Black edition on the other hand has express speed coupled with a great battery life . The PKB, finger print scanner , locker, camera all are good quality .
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    05-01-18 02:57 PM
    My PRIV was brutally slow, horrible battery. Bought one, tried it for a month, returned it. Bought another one to see if it was a defect. It wasn't.

The KeyOne has been a surprisingly amazing phone. I don't like Android. But the KeyOne works so well with its keyboard tweaks and the BlackBerry Launcher tweaks, the Android experience is the best I have witnessed. The screen on the PRIV was superior to the KeyOne. Everything else, the KeyOne is vastly superior.

I'm currently using the Black Edition 4gb ram 64gb storage. I would nominate this as possibly my favourite BlackBerry ever.
    05-01-18 03:19 PM
    I definitely miss the screen size of the PRIV. Loved the slider. One thing I don't like about the KeyOne is the close placement of the capacitive keys results in double typing if you're not careful. Otherwise, the KeyOne is awesome.
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-01-18 05:55 PM
    I have to admit that I never really had some of the Priv's problems others have mentioned. I don't know if the Verizon model was sufficiently different or what.

But the KeyONe's battery life is close to amazing.
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-01-18 06:39 PM
    I have to admit that I never really had some of the Priv's problems others have mentioned. I don't know if the Verizon model was sufficiently different or what.

But the KeyONe's battery life is close to amazing.
    I probably had like 7 priv and two of them actually had overheating issues and it caused horrible lags so some may have those issues. Turning off hub definitely helps a lot.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-01-18 07:25 PM
    I probably had like 7 priv and two of them actually had overheating issues and it caused horrible lags so some may have those issues. Turning off hub definitely helps a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah gotta turn off a bunch of things to get the Priv to go for 5+ hours of SOT. It's part of what it takes to optimize it right, along with lowering the resolution and a few other tips and tricks
    05-02-18 01:18 AM
    One question, I have black edition too, everywhere I read about battery people say battery life is about 2 day as usual... I charge my phone every morning. my work starts at 9 o'clock and ends 18 o'clock. at 20 phone is dead already. yes I use my phone intensive, sure internet is always on, I don't use social network often but apps working background as I guess. I talk often and write mails and on WhatsApp . is it normal for K1?
    P.S. sorry for my bad English.
    05-02-18 02:03 AM
    One question, I have black edition too, everywhere I read about battery people say battery life is about 2 day as usual... I charge my phone every morning. my work starts at 9 o'clock and ends 18 o'clock. at 20 phone is dead already. yes I use my phone intensive, sure internet is always on, I don't use social network often but apps working background as I guess. I talk often and write mails and on WhatsApp . is it normal for K1?
    P.S. sorry for my bad English.
    Assuming you take it off the charger at 7:00, 13 hours of very heavy use seems fine.

Just give it a quick QC3 top up sometime in the afternoon. It's better for the battery than to deplete it.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-02-18 06:07 AM
    Assuming you take it off the charger at 7:00, 13 hours of very heavy use seems fine.

Just give it a quick QC3 top up sometime in the afternoon. It's better for the battery than to deplete it.
    What you mean by QC3? Thanks
    05-02-18 06:17 AM
    What you mean by QC3? Thanks
    Quick Charge.
    05-02-18 06:21 AM
    I use it's original charger I'm not good at this kind of things. Phone I use really for work and communication. To be honest K1 is really best phone for me... I loved Passport very much, but there was too many discomfort...
    05-02-18 09:27 AM
    I use it's original charger
    That's fine.
    05-02-18 09:37 AM