09-21-17 09:06 PM
32 12
tools
    Did you have a GSM or CDMA? I am wondering what the call quality and reception are like around Nashville.

Posted via CB10
    I live in Nashville and the KEYone signal is subpar. I'm on T-Mobile and I don't have signal issues with my iPhone or my S7 Edge.
    09-04-17 08:59 PM
    Of all the BlackBerry devices I have had, PRIV is probably the worst. PK is really terrible, it heats up like a toaster and the build quality is nasty. Love my K1 after the DTEK60. Black Edition on order. Still miss Passport though.
    09-11-17 02:14 PM
    I know it hasn't been too long since the keyone came out and some of you haven't had the chance to really test it out fully yet. But I'm seriously thinking of switching from the Priv which I had since November 2016, and as much as I love BlackBerry. This has been absolutely the sh*ttiest phone I've ever used. I know it's not a "true" BlackBerry like my Passport which I had for a little over 2 years and still is the best phone ever in my opinion. So it's a very bad experience with the Priv.
    Battery is insanely bad, never lasts a full day even. Get extremely hot, to the point where I can't use it anymore and some apps start to shut down automatically. And don't get me started about how slow it is. Though I did get used to Android fairly quickly but still miss some things about BB10.
    My question is, would you advise me to switch to the keyone ? It just looks so good, Android is better on it I heard. Battery is bigger and all of the bad things on the Priv are fixed.
    What do you think ?
    Let me tell you! Go for Keyone and you will see what u suffered with PRIV... just like me. I wish I can gift or sell symbolically my BB collection which is collecting dust on my shelf.
    09-11-17 02:41 PM
    KEYone is far better. I own priv for over a year and KEYone is soooo much better.

Battery is just outstanding. Get yourself limited edition if you can
    09-11-17 03:20 PM
    Some folks have posted in various threads that the KEYone is really not an upgrade when compared with the Priv. But if you look closely at the processor, the KEYone processor is an upgrade. KEYone is an octa-core proccesor, Priv is a Hexa-core processor...two more cores for the KEYone. Priv's processor speeds are 2x2GHz and 4x1.4GHz...6 cores total. KEYone cores are 8x2GHz. Just looking at it from the perspective of the processor alone it's a true upgrade. Not surprised at all that most people who've had both phones are saying the KEYone is smoother and quicker than the Priv.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 09-21-17 at 03:19 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-21-17 09:19 AM
    Some folks have posted in various threads that the KEYone is really not an upgrade when compared with the Priv. But if you look closely at the processor, the KEYone processor is an upgrade. KEYone is an octa-core proccesor, Priv is a Hexa-core processor...two more cores for the KEYone. Priv's processor speeds are 2x2GHz and 4x1.4GHz...6 cores total. KEYone cores are 8x2GHz. Just looking at it from the perspective of the processor alone it's a true upgrade. Not surprised at all that most people who've had both phones are saying the KEYone is smoother and quicker than the Priv.
    And that is exactly the reason why priv got hot and all is slow. Underpowered CPU with , high res screen
    09-21-17 08:03 PM
    I had a Passport and moved to the PRIV I because I need working apps. I loved the Passport! my favorite phone ever!
    My experience with the Priv has been very positive except for the battery life and the phone getting hot whenever I used Google Maps. If I tried to use Google Maps AND another streaming app like Pandora, forget it! The Priv became completely paralyzed!
    I just moved to the KEYone last week. I love it! The battery life, speed, camera, etc. It's risen to Passport status for me. It's pretty close to how much I loved the Passport. Given a little more time, it might be #1 .
    I'm adjusting to actually using the phone more again. I did not realize how much I was rationing phone use on the Priv because of how quickly the battery drained. I have yet to need to recharge the KEYone before bedtime.
    I"m still adjusting to the idea that I can rely on my phone all day long again like I did with my Passport.
    I love this phone!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-21-17 09:06 PM
32 12