On the Keyone I have several emails accounts using a couple of APPS, Gmail, and the HUB.

I use Gmail because the HUB has issues syncing one of my email accounts that I documented in this forum.

So my question is when my Lexus is polling emails from the blue tooth connected Keyone what application is being used for the polling and the transfer of the emails to the Navigation screen.

Lexus told me that it would come from the preferred app.

I have no idea what that means. Is there a problem having two using two email applications for the IMAP emails, should not be.

Is it possible that Gmail accounts can interfere with HUB accounts for the same email id.

Comments?

Thanks
    02-06-18 05:11 PM
    Lexus told me that it would come from the preferred app.

I have no idea what that means. Is there a problem having two using two email applications for the IMAP emails, should not be.
    It means it'll use whatever the default app is.. in the case of Android, it's going to be the GMail app. If you have both, the Hub and GMail setup, it's likely going to go to GMail. The only way, seemingly, to prevent this would be picking one app or the other. GMail or Hub.
    02-06-18 05:46 PM
    How do you select one app or the other, HUB vs GMail?

Thanks
    02-06-18 05:54 PM
    Here is the issue. Two email accounts, I had to remove earthlink.net email from the HUB and use Gmail because that account does not work with the HUB.

So I use the HUB for the iCloud account because of calendar and contacts, and use Gmail for the earthlink account my main business email account.

When I Bluetooth connect the Keyone to my vehicle only the emails from the HUB are transferring to the vehicle, no transfer of earthlink emails from Gmail.

In accounts settings on the Keyone applications are listed alphabetically so the HUB is first, goggle is second. Gmail is third. Does that mean for Bluetooth that the HUB is the only APP recognized by the Keyone for Bluetooth transfer.

How to I make Gmail the priority email APP on the Keyone?

I need to have the Keyone Bluetooth transfer my emails for Gmail not from the HUB.

I had hoped the Keyone could do both transfer Bluetooth from both applications but not so.
    02-08-18 11:15 AM
    How do you select one app or the other, HUB vs GMail?

Thanks
    You don't that I'm aware of. As I mentioned, Android is likely always going to recognize GMail as the core app, and everything else is secondary. And with that in mind, your BT system is likely not even set up to recognize anything else.

This isn't a phone or BT system issue, it's seemingly a combination of both and it seems it will only be resolved by picking a singular email app, which realistically, should be part of your troubleshooting. See if the BT system recognizes each one individually when no others are set up.

Does it recognize Hub and Hub alone?
    Does it recognize GMail and GMail alone?

Once you have the results of those tests, then you know how the BT system is working and can go from there. But alas, I can't envision the BT system is set up to recognize both at the same time. This is the info that relayed to you by Lexus.
    02-08-18 08:29 PM
    Thanks,

Removed all accounts from the HUB so the HUB is no longer listed in the Accounts Keyone.

So all is in Gmail. Tomorrow will see if emails are BT transfered from Gmail to Lexus screen.
    02-08-18 09:27 PM
    It's hard to believe the HUB won't recognize an email account? I've had to enter some manually but I've not seen an account BB won't connect to. Are you sure Earthlink doesn't have something blocking the HUB.
    02-08-18 09:37 PM
    It recognized the earthlink.net account but has syncing issues. Goes days without syncing, have to force sync by restarting phone, turning sync on and off.

BB has been working on this issue for over a month.

I have a post that documents the HUB not working.
    02-08-18 09:57 PM
    It recognized the earthlink.net account but has syncing issues. Goes days without syncing, have to force sync by restarting phone, turning sync on and off.

BB has been working on this issue for over a month.

I have a post that documents the HUB not working.
    Sorry, I wasn't implying you needed your ankles pulled until your ears popped, I just never heard of a type of email account that won't work on a BB. But since their looking into it, I guess you're taking one for the team... Thanks!
    02-09-18 12:00 AM
    So I deleted all accounts from HUB, dei-nstalled the HUB and the Lexus is not BT connecting the Gmail.

How do I turn a Keyone into a android only phone.

The Lexus said it supports MAP email formats.

Why is not seeing the email accounts from Gmail on the Keyone.

This is why I regret buying the Keyone, too many surprises.

Ideas?

Do I need do de-install HUB and Services along with the HUB.

The BT connected phone should display the emails and accounts on the navigation display on the car.

Help, comment?
    02-09-18 07:51 PM