This has been an issue since I got the KeyOne and since also a serious issue when doctors in the emergency room could not be heard by my moms husband.

I dont know if there is a malfunctioned proximity sensor however I would like to indefinitely disable the ability for any limb such as the cheek from ever activiating anything such as the mute button.

These f'ing touch screen smart phones are behaving more like toys than tools.

I hope bb can one day make a phone that is business orientated again.

You cant have cheeks messing things up especially in critical communication atmospheres.
    10-27-18 08:29 AM
    I am facing similar problem - I always press this awesome convenience key during call which mutes me.
    Unfortunately I didn't find any way how to disable this functionality.

Does anybody know?
    10-27-18 11:16 AM
    lock the phone as soon as the call connects
    10-28-18 02:26 PM
    Both issues happened to me, I face muted and I convenience key muted. Just had to learn to hold the phone certain way.....
    10-28-18 02:33 PM
    My screen turns off when my face nears the phone, not sure why. It just does.
    10-28-18 07:56 PM
    I get mute, sometimes, when I answer on Motion. Very annoying. Thought it was just me.
    10-28-18 08:06 PM
    Both issues happened to me, I face muted and I convenience key muted. Just had to learn to hold the phone certain way.....
    Ditto.
    10-28-18 08:12 PM
    once I'm on a call I hit the home button and double tap the screen so that I won't mute my conversation. it's quite annoying
    10-28-18 08:34 PM
    you can solve it via autolock during call, available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kbonecallguard

but this convenient key still works
    11-02-18 07:47 AM
    As a side note I used to have this happen with my Classic regularly; I wound up just holding the phone in a certain way.
    So, it's not an exclusively Android thing.
    11-02-18 11:11 AM
    As a side note I used to have this happen with my Classic regularly; I wound up just holding the phone in a certain way.
    So, it's not an exclusively Android thing.
    Another BB10 myth destroyed....
    11-02-18 02:50 PM
    Yeah. Figured I'd try to make hamburger out of a sacred cow if I could.
    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehe
    11-02-18 04:03 PM
    Yeah. Figured I'd try to make hamburger out of a sacred cow if I could.
    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehe
    I’d like two burgers med rare.
    11-02-18 09:33 PM
    I’d like two burgers med rare.
    Sorry, in Canada we have to cook burgers all the way through.
    11-03-18 08:54 AM
    I ended up purchasing a different dialer than the default one that puts the mute button and other buttons on the bottom of the phone's screen and small enough not to be accidentally hit by what ever limb makes it's way. The Dialer is called "CallApp Contacts," which is abit bloated for my taste though only thing that puts all those buttons where they belong: out of touch!
    11-24-18 09:30 AM
    That saddens me. Somewhere a veal cutlet just lost its mother.
    11-24-18 10:02 AM
    I cured mine accidently when I got superglue in the inconvenience song.
    11-26-18 05:39 AM
    The screen blanks out because of the proximity sensor, which is standard in most smart phones in order to keep your ear or cheekbone from making unwanted selection on the screen.
    12-28-18 02:48 AM
    Well, at least BB10 had some myth....did or BB Android has/had one? Ah yes....from the smart in the phone...to the spam in the phone!! Lol!!

Going back to the original thread....do you face the same problem by holding the phone with another hand? Is this problem also faced with the Key2 phones?
    12-28-18 03:21 AM
    Moose?
    12-28-18 11:22 AM
    I am sorry I don't get this... my proximity sensor darkens the screen when on a call and I don't see the trouble with accidental mute.
    as for the convenience key, it can be set to anything using the app "button remapper" ...in my case I do have it to mute but the amzer case keeps the button protected from such foibles...
    12-28-18 11:26 AM
    Moose?
    Nope. Although at our Christmas pot-luck our boss did a moose roast in pulled-pork style. He threw in a pound of bacon to give it some fat - wild meat is typically very lean.

YUMMY!

Bison is also really very good and it's so lean that there's almost no cholesterol. A bison burger is a treat!
    01-02-19 04:31 PM
    once I'm on a call I hit the home button and double tap the screen so that I won't mute my conversation. it's quite annoying
    Can't you just hit the lock button on the left of the phone?
    01-02-19 07:17 PM
    Can't you just hit the lock button on the left of the phone?
    No because I had that button mapped to end my calls. I'm no longer using the Key2 anymore I've moved on.
    01-02-19 08:52 PM
    I am facing similar problem - I always press this awesome convenience key during call which mutes me.
    Unfortunately I didn't find any way how to disable this functionality.

Does anybody know?
    The Convenience Key is also a Mute Key. If you accidentally depress it during a call, it will mute you. To rejoin the phone conversation simply push the Convenience Key again. Actually, this is a neat feature. However, I first disabled all the features of the Convenience Key first. Hope it works as well for you!
    01-26-19 06:03 PM
26 12