My prediction is that tomorrow will look a lot like today, with only a couple of changes.

-- We'll know where the phones are available for purchase.
    -- People who want them will buy them.
    -- There will be limited marketing communications, mostly through earned media.
    -- People who have wanted a great BlackBerry Android PKB will be satisfied.
    -- People who like to play armchair CEO will condemn BlackBerry Mobile's choices (design, specs, price, marketing, launch, etc.)
    -- TCL will turn a modest gross profit of $50-$100M, tweak it's manufacturing to balance supply and demand, and move on to focusing on the next BlackBerry devices.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-30-17 11:08 AM
    You forgot to add "People who have any issue will angrily post here and the armchair CEOs will amplify the negativity to deafening levels", but otherwise I think you're spot on.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    05-30-17 11:16 AM
    Every time the notification led blink for cb new, or cb site slow down to load, I secret hope it is some new info about the order K1... my heart would skip a beat. Thx God James just got back from his vacation, cbk possibly try to recover from his drink coma, not much news... 31 better come fast before I get a heart attack.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 11:18 AM
    Will there actually be stores that are holding em? Or do we absolutely have to order online and effin wait?
    05-30-17 11:21 AM
    My prediction is carrier will only receive 5 or less units and people will get annoyed
    05-30-17 11:21 AM
    Well, I need to update this and state that my prediction was wrong. It seems to be that BlackBerry Mobile did not have a lot of inventory available for sale in their channels, even after delaying the North American release by a month.

That certainly explains the lack of marketing communications. Why stimulate demand that can't be met!

The question now is what, exactly is going on? Here are a few scenarios:

1) Simple delays. The retail channels fill up over the next couple of weeks, sales ramp up, together with marketing, and all of this was just a hiccup with a few disappointed fans.

2) There is a significant manufacturing bottleneck. Inventory stock outs continue, leading to permanently lost sales, and the KEYone never finds its market before it's replaced by newer phones, possibly including others from BlackBerry Mobile.

3) TCL never intended to produce the KEYone at scale in the US. They swung and missed at broad carrier support, and now are just trying to fill demand for the most passionate fans before taking another run at carriers later.

4) Something else odd, like the terms of the licensing deal with BlackBerry required them to release the KEYone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    footnote and Mike-Mike like this.
    05-31-17 07:22 PM
    Or, it suppose to launch in Chinese calendar may 31, wait, it shouldn't have 31... may 30... ?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 10:02 PM
    Watching the circus was fun. Glad I didn't plan to buy one right away. They are going to rush produce units to meet current demand. Hence there will be a higher percentage of faulty units in this lot. I'll wait for the next batch.
    06-01-17 03:36 AM
    Watching the circus was fun. Glad I didn't plan to buy one right away. They are going to rush produce units to meet current demand. Hence there will be a higher percentage of faulty units in this lot. I'll wait for the next batch.
    Normally speaking the high volume production is sign of maturity of the product and confident of the MFG. Usually using better equipment. It runs 24/7. Machines are well "oiled". Smaller batch, if runs on and off are more problematic. Just think about your pizza oven switch on and off... it more likely burn the pizza, than the one has preset always on oven... but, I agree on waiting, the batch size appear to be on the small side based on the UK date code.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-01-17 04:19 AM
    I'm with you, I think I might even wait for Black Friday sale. It sounded funny when I've read that somewhere here in this forum but I just might wait for that sale to both have a nice price off and also making sure that some production failures are ironed out.

IF they'll still produce it then that is.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-01-17 04:48 AM
    Normally speaking the high volume production is sign of maturity of the product and confident of the MFG. Usually using better equipment. It runs 24/7. Machines are well "oiled". Smaller batch, if runs on and off are more problematic. Just think about your pizza oven switch on and off... it more likely burn the pizza, than the one has preset always on oven... but, I agree on waiting, the batch size appear to be on the small side based on the UK date code.

Posted via CB10
    I have been into manufacturing and factory automation my entire career and have been involved in many new product launches in the auto industry. With the technology and automation of today and proper planning, there is no reason why they couldn't have produced enough devices for such a niche product.

Don't compare Blackberry or TCL to Apple or Samsung because they are not even in the same league as far as manufacturing capacity goes. This boils down to poor execution of a new product launch and makes me wonder what this TCL product launch team has been doing for the last two months.
    Uzi likes this.
    06-01-17 04:53 AM
    You forgot to add "People who have any issue will angrily post here and the armchair CEOs will amplify the negativity to deafening levels", but otherwise I think you're spot on.

Posted via CB10
    We crackberians are a fickle bunch but also will bear a no holds barred opinion about it also! Hehe!!!
    06-01-17 05:27 AM