I know nothing about mobile phone production, but I'm trying to work out how the pre release devices didn't pick up the issues identified on crackberry over the last week or so:
    Screen falling off
    Screen lifting
    Keys, individually or entire key pad, not working
    Back of device coming off
    06-02-17 06:18 PM
    Add red/green lines on display. 3 reported cases so far, if I recall correctly.
    06-02-17 06:28 PM
    Mine has been wonderful. One expects some issues with any tech. There's bound to be a defective unit or two. However, that said, every time a new BlackBerry phone comes out there are people who post negative comments just for the fun of it.
    06-02-17 06:28 PM
    Mine has been wonderful. One expects some issues with any tech. There's bound to be a defective unit or two. However, that said, every time a new BlackBerry phone comes out there are people who post negative comments just for the fun of it.
    Yes, the naysayers do come out of the woodwork, but I've asked a genuine question re pre production issues.
    06-02-17 06:39 PM
    Is anyone surprised?

When such a large quantity of phones are are made, there's bound to be a few defects.
    06-02-17 06:42 PM
    So far no such issues with my KEYone after a month of use.
    06-02-17 06:47 PM
    Add red/green lines on display. 3 reported cases so far, if I recall correctly.
    It would be helpful to have a single listing of the defects including model, country, date of purchase as well as getting some accurate production numbers to perform a rudimentary statistical analysis. However, I imagine it would take an article on the front page of the CrackBerry website as a pinned article for at least a month to collect a representative sample of CrackBerry members.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-02-17 06:48 PM
    i m guessing they are slightly different build from the factory. Now in mass production things can be different.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-02-17 06:48 PM
    Yes, the naysayers do come out of the woodwork, but I've asked a genuine question re pre production issues.
    Maybe those devices were hand-made or in such limited numbers each smartphone was put through quality control procedures. Also some of the reported defects might be easily resolved without warranty return by the users themselves. Of course as early adopters we tend to experience issues in higher relative numbers as new smartphones are released. Better a keyboard have a perceived defect in as much as the keyboard is by design producing differing levels of illumination than the battery exploding or igniting spontaneously. There were complaints about the BlackBerry PRIV, BlackBerry Z10, and assorted other smartphones over the years. Who can forget the original BlackBerry Torch.
    06-02-17 06:57 PM
    Actually that's what these forums are for, not just fanboy fluff.
    06-02-17 07:12 PM
    Is anyone surprised?

When such a large quantity of phones are are made, there's bound to be a few defects.
    You mean all 100 of them? :P
    Al moon likes this.
    06-02-17 07:21 PM
    06-02-17 07:41 PM
    Is anyone surprised?

Agreed. Build issues are common and would be replaced by the manufacturer. Not sure why people feel paranoid by this. Nothing to worry about really. It's not like every device is faulty or there's a design flaw. Note 7 and iPhone antenna gate are some examples where each device was plagued.

So far no such issues with my KEYone after a month of use.
    Same. Just getting paranoid by such threads that my phone would develop something.
    Wow, thanks for making my day. Feeling lucky!!
    06-02-17 07:52 PM
    Maybe there were about 100 pre-release devices issued to reviewers with restrictions on what could be talked about. Now there are thousands in the hands of ordinary users, so we are bound to hear more about problems.
    06-02-17 07:59 PM
    Hopefully blackberry gets the kinks worked out no reason for the simple problems so.e are having.
    06-02-17 08:05 PM
    Hopefully blackberry gets the kinks worked out no reason for the simple problems so.e are having.
    It is no longer a BlackBerry controllable situation since outsourcing device manufacturing as part of the transition to a software and services company.
    06-02-17 08:20 PM
    I know nothing about mobile phone production, but I'm trying to work out how the pre release devices didn't pick up the issues identified on crackberry over the last week or so:
    Screen falling off
    Screen lifting
    Keys, individually or entire key pad, not working
    Back of device coming off
    at least the battery doesn't explode ! LOL
    really,how many phones are made vs issues seen? these are electronic devices and anything can go wrong at any time with any device.....defective units !! Apple has them, Samsung has them, HTC etc. so BB mobile is no different. Just my two cents.
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-02-17 08:28 PM
    at least the battery doesn't explode ! LOL
    really,how many phones are made vs issues seen? these are electronic devices and anything can go wrong at any time with any device.....defective units !! Apple has them, Samsung has them, HTC etc. so BB mobile is no different. Just my two cents.
    Totally agree, but that's not my question, I'm referring to the issues that arose for the pre release keyone's.
    06-02-17 09:26 PM
    Totally agree, but that's not my question, I'm referring to the issues that arose for the pre release keyone's.
    could just be quality control with the large/full production !?
    06-03-17 07:47 AM
    My V and B buttons are very faintly less backlit than the rest of the keys in the pitch dark. Heard it from another poster and think it's minor where most won't see it. Doesn't bother me one bit but I would guess many units have it. That red line running through the screen and non working keys seem to be the worst prob on some. No other probs or imperfections on mine.
    06-03-17 08:02 AM
    Yes VB but also GH and TY are dimmer on mine...
    No big deal, and at least its centered.
    I think all the K1s have this issue, more or less.
    Its more annoying if you think about it.
    So far its the only build "defect" I've encountered.
    06-03-17 08:48 AM
    Yes VB but also GH and TY are dimmer on mine...
    No big deal, and at least its centered.
    I think all the K1s have this issue, more or less.
    Its more annoying if you think about it.
    So far its the only build "defect" I've encountered.
    I don't think I'd have noticed if not for the post....reminds me of those with e ink Kindles with the lighting unevenness. Once you see it...haha

So far this phone is exceeding my already high expectations.

Finally this morn a tech nerd came up to me at my local coffeehouse in Brooklyn and said "holy ****, how'd you get one?" ...a girl to the right of me looked perplexed with her internal voice surely saying "who wants a crappy blackberry?" Lol
    06-03-17 09:00 AM