I've been using a Passport SE for the last year (from the AT&T PP version, Z30 before that and Z10 before that, all since 2013) so I'm a full blown BB10 user/supporter. I do understand that it's about time to move on, so I bought a Samsung S8 a month ago and really tried to use it, but it's a scattered mess compared to BB10, so I gave it to my teenage daughter and she's out of her mind. I received my space black Keyone last week and have been getting used to it. It's really nice, but of course it will take time to get used to the Android experience even though I've now set it up with the Hub and productivity tab to emulate as close as possible to the BB10 efficiency. I have to say that the phone is of outstanding quality, great feel and heft and it is beautiful to look at. I've decided to use my PPSE during the work week and K1 on my time. I just don't have the difference in time necessary to work from an Android device yet and believe me I know now that there is no comparison to the efficiency of BB10 first hand now, but I'm sure I'll get faster at my daily tasks as I get more familiar with this device. I guess the reason for my post was to let other BB10 users thinking of moving off BB10 to be sure and look at Blackberrys version of Android. I believe the "stock" android makes it easier transition and with BlackBerry's apps in the playstore you can have a somewhat painless experience with a little patience. By the way, my wife got an S8 when I got the S8 and she is dedicated to sticking it out, but is now very jealous at how much more efficient my K1 is at doing the same tasks as her due to how BlackBerry has set this phone up to be their flavor of Android. She is now planning on getting the BB apps (Hub) for her S8 for as much efficiency as she can tweak out of that S8+.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-10-18 10:35 AM
    Android takes time to "get" and is kinda frustrating how different things are.... was the same problem most had going from BBOS to BB10.
    01-10-18 10:53 AM
    K1 is lagging pretty bad for me especially when I am switching languages. It doesn't happen all the time but it crashes or hangs depends on the app. This is my 4th KEYone BTW. My passport to never had this kind of issues.
    01-10-18 11:23 AM
    Android takes time to "get" and is kinda frustrating how different things are.... was the same problem most had going from BBOS to BB10.
    I agree 100%.
    01-10-18 12:20 PM
    I've been using a Passport SE for the last year (from the AT&T PP version, Z30 before that and Z10 before that, all since 2013) so I'm a full blown BB10 user/supporter. I do understand that it's about time to move on, so I bought a Samsung S8 a month ago and really tried to use it, but it's a scattered mess compared to BB10, so I gave it to my teenage daughter and she's out of her mind. I received my space black Keyone last week and have been getting used to it. It's really nice, but of course it will take time to get used to the Android experience even though I've now set it up with the Hub and productivity tab to emulate as close as possible to the BB10 efficiency. I have to say that the phone is of outstanding quality, great feel and heft and it is beautiful to look at. I've decided to use my PPSE during the work week and K1 on my time. I just don't have the difference in time necessary to work from an Android device yet and believe me I know now that there is no comparison to the efficiency of BB10 first hand now, but I'm sure I'll get faster at my daily tasks as I get more familiar with this device. I guess the reason for my post was to let other BB10 users thinking of moving off BB10 to be sure and look at Blackberrys version of Android. I believe the "stock" android makes it easier transition and with BlackBerry's apps in the playstore you can have a somewhat painless experience with a little patience. By the way, my wife got an S8 when I got the S8 and she is dedicated to sticking it out, but is now very jealous at how much more efficient my K1 is at doing the same tasks as her due to how BlackBerry has set this phone up to be their flavor of Android. She is now planning on getting the BB apps (Hub) for her S8 for as much efficiency as she can tweak out of that S8+.

Posted via CB10
    She can also get the keyboard case add on for the S8, but the KEYone's PKB obviously murders that one
    01-10-18 02:02 PM
    Samsung android is a complete mess, I have no idea why companies have to skin Android to the length that Samsung do the pixel is great for stock followed by one plus and of course blackberry which is stock android with the hub.

leaving the passport was one of the hardest decisions, but the keyone is a great phone and I've got used to android.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-10-18 02:39 PM