Would it be a natural evolution to go from the almighty Passport to the new Mercury?

What do do you experts guys think?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 07:35 PM
    I think it would be a step down for screen size but not sure if there is a bonus with having an android OS. Once the specs are official, can probably decide easier but I would probably keep my Passport and give the Merc a trial run

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    01-07-17 07:44 PM
    I'm wondering the same. With Android can I sort my apps into folders, like BB10.?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 08:15 PM
    I think Mercury will be another great BlackBerry phone just as the Passport. The question you have to ask yourself is do I stay with BB10 or move on to Android?
    01-07-17 08:37 PM
    I'm wondering the same. With Android can I sort my apps into folders, like BB10.?

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can with the BlackBerry launcher.
    01-07-17 08:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    That feature was on android and iOS for ages now.
    01-08-17 05:49 PM
    Would it be a natural evolution to go from the almighty Passport to the new Mercury?

What do do you experts guys think?

Posted via CB10
    Not everybody thought the PP was almighty when it was first introduced!
    01-08-17 06:00 PM
    OP, It really depends on the final Mercury product and what you are after.

The OS change alone would be a drastic change needing adapting to.

You kind of have to ask yourself, what exactly are you wanting to do with a new phone that your current one doesn't?
    01-08-17 06:02 PM
    I would try Mercury, but surely will keep my PP. When I first looked at Priv, I disliked the design. But when Mercury came into the picture, it caught my attention right away, specifically because of the keyboard and the size. I believe it would be a great BlackBerry Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 12:32 AM
    BlackBerry is dead. Passport is a dead end device. Android with the added BlackBerry tweaks is fantastic and far superior imo.

Point is that the question is really which device to switch to, the DTEK60 or the Mercury. And that answer will be there once we see the pkb. If that pkb is great, then it's a viable option. If it is as bad as the pkb of the Priv then the answer is DTEK60.
    01-10-17 02:14 AM
    I think Mercury will be another great BlackBerry phone just as the Passport. The question you have to ask yourself is do I stay with BB10 or move on to Android?
    answer is obvious:
    no matter how much I love BB10 and would prefer properly working BB10, recent hiccups with browser, reducing number of properly working apps (old twitter, no facebook, outdated bbm, etc) I believe there are only two ways: iOS or Android.

Now, being Keyboard junkie - there are absolutely no other options, just Mercury.
    01-10-17 02:29 AM
    BlackBerry is dead. Passport is a dead end device. Android with the added BlackBerry tweaks is fantastic and far superior imo.

Point is that the question is really which device to switch to, the DTEK60 or the Mercury. And that answer will be there once we see the pkb. If that pkb is great, then it's a viable option. If it is as bad as the pkb of the Priv then the answer is DTEK60.
    imho even "bad pkb" is better than vkb any day given.
    01-10-17 02:30 AM
    Currently using a Passport, and want the Mercury.

However BlackBerry is 'still' looking for partners to sell it in India.

By the time it gets here, the whole world would have moved on.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 03:12 AM
    imho even "bad pkb" is better than vkb any day given.
    I thought that, too. Bought the Priv. The pkb was so bad I was using the vkb about 90% of the time despite hating vkb problems normally. Once I realized that I had given up on the Priv pkb, I bought the DTEK60. For me I really want and need a pkb - but only a damn good one.
    01-10-17 07:59 AM