Any facing this persistent notification after updating the power centre in these few days?
    Attached Thumbnails 'Power centre is running in the background' notification-screenshot_20180824-162642.jpg  
    Last edited by joemiscat; 08-26-18 at 11:38 PM.
    08-24-18 03:28 AM
    Same on my Key2. It seems to affect many users: /blackberry-key2-f472/power-centre-running-background-1154564/
    08-24-18 04:58 AM
    Yep, I have this and a tad annoying it is too. Hopefully they roll out a quick fix because I use PC to stop a lot of apps from running in the background.
    08-24-18 05:09 AM
    Any facing this persistent notification after updating the power centre in these few days?
    Open power centre, then memory and force stop it

BlackBerry since 2006. Factory Unlocked Passport and KEYone
    08-24-18 06:22 AM

It's coming back when I reopen the apps. Not a real fix.
    08-24-18 06:36 AM
    Don't reopen power centre. Or just get rid of it

08-24-18 06:54 AM

Omg. Power Centre is one of the best apps on the device. I find it exceptionally useful.
    tazcubed and Makaveli@Beta like this.
    08-24-18 07:06 AM
    I just disable the background notification for the app, and then re-enable it. It hasn't come back.
    08-24-18 07:07 AM
    Omg. Power Centre is one of the best apps on the device. I find it exceptionally useful.
    I use it as well. Someone doesn't like it though. So get rid of it!

08-24-18 07:07 AM
    I long-pressed the notification, and other new ones like it, and toggled it off in the resulting window.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    08-24-18 08:18 AM
    Just turn off the notification.
    pantagruel_bb likes this.
    08-24-18 08:53 AM
    i had the same problem after the last update. Then i disabled the app, re-enabled it and downloaded the latest update. Didn't have a problem after that.
    08-24-18 02:13 PM
    There are several ways to address this:

- You can turn down the settings for when it alerts you about memory usage and charge reminders.The defaults are on the higher side.
    - You can swipe the notification to the right and just disable the notification dots. This might not stick the first time, if it doesn't just do it again.
    08-25-18 11:50 AM
    Yes all of sudden it has appeared Notification saying memory warning. However when looking the the apps and memory, a long list, some are highlighted as Force Stop but it does NOT allow me to force stop those Highlighter apps. What is going on here. And why do I have only 3 GB of memory. I installed an 64 GB SD card and formatted as internal memory.

Comments?
    08-26-18 10:19 AM
    Yes all of sudden it has appeared Notification saying memory warning. However when looking the the apps and memory, a long list, some are highlighted as Force Stop but it does NOT allow me to force stop those Highlighter apps. What is going on here. And why do I have only 3 GB of memory. I installed an 64 GB SD card and formatted as internal memory.

Comments?
    I noticed that the "Force Stop" option doesn't seem to work anymore. Not sure if this is an Oreo issue or a Power Centre app issue. Perhaps Oreo just manages this itself now?

I would suggest just leaving it alone and let Oreo shut down any offending apps. Every time I get up in the morning the KEYone is super fast. I'm assuming it shuts down background processes when it realises that they are inactive.
    08-26-18 10:23 AM
    Yes I noticed apps like Amazon Music, Amazon Audible, etc which can be Forced Stop does not work with Power Center. If I refresh the memory a few times I can sometimes force stop some apps. Why would BB put out a buggy application.
    08-26-18 10:27 AM
    Yes I noticed apps like Amazon Music, Amazon Audible, etc which can be Forced Stop does not work with Power Center. If I refresh the memory a few times I can sometimes force stop some apps. Why would BB put out a buggy application.
    Then it's likely a bug with the app. I'm sure it will be fixed in the next update.
    08-26-18 10:35 AM
    This thread appears to me to be about new notifications about Power Center and similar.

I long-pressed the notification, and other new ones like it, and toggled it off in the resulting window.
    As I said ^up there^, a long press on the notification and toggle-off in the window that pops up dismisses the notification. It does not come back. This works for other unwanted notifications. I don't know what could be simpler and I don't know why this suggestion is not even acknowledged, let alone tried.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    08-26-18 10:40 AM
    This thread appears to me to be about new notifications about Power Center and similar.

As I said ^up there^, a long press on the notification and toggle-off in the window that pops up dismisses the notification. It does not come back. This works for other unwanted notifications. I don't know what could be simpler and I don't know why this suggestion is not even acknowledged, let alone tried.
    So maybe you can explain why on two different KEYone’s, one has the notification that stays up top, and the other it doesn’t. Both are configured identically with the notification turned on.
    With numerous reporting this issue, I’d say it is a bug.
    08-26-18 01:05 PM
    So maybe you can explain why on two different KEYone’s, one has the notification that stays up top, and the other it doesn’t. Both are configured identically with the notification turned on.
    With numerous reporting this issue, I’d say it is a bug.
    No I can't and why should I? I just pointed out a workaround that *easily* gets rid of the notification for me that might or might not work for someone else who doesn't want it. To me, it looks like it might be a new feature that I, for one, didn't want and that I, for one, seem to have turned off with a simple step, bingo, bango, bongo! You seem to be more interested in making things difficult.
    chertik0ff likes this.
    08-26-18 03:01 PM
    force stop not working in power center
    08-27-18 10:57 AM
    Why is it necessary to force stop?
    08-27-18 11:00 AM
    Why is it necessary to force stop?
    Even I close the apps in recent tab but still running in background that's why.
    08-27-18 11:17 AM
    Even I close the apps in recent tab but still running in background that's why.
    So what? Many things are running in the background to make the phone work. What is your problem with Power Center?
    08-27-18 11:26 AM
    I don't want to turn off the app, but I absolutely want it to simply do its job and shut up. LOL. App notifications are my number one complaint with Android.

I'd like a standard where developers turn off all non-critical notifications by default and trust me to read the documentation (which of course the lazy bums would have to write!) about my options.

Just because I downloaded your app doesn't mean I want you to tell me every time your app blows its nose. Tell your apps to shut up and get back to work.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    chewy2003 likes this.
    08-27-18 11:27 AM
43 12