Had another play with the KEYone at CPW lunchtime. The side keys seemed pretty solid and I couldn't see any flex. The sales guy said he'd not seen any returns and it was selling well. They'd just had another batch of 15 delivered today. For him it was a solid device (although I did notice the back had come loose and it wouldn't just clip on again. He said it was where someone had tried to yank the security device off. That part didn't look good.)
    The only thing I see move is the buttons, the side of the phone doesn't budge. I agree with you man its a solid device.. Really liking mine..
    I added wireless charging to mine.. It's great.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-15-17 05:51 PM
    Guess it all depends what you do with ur tongue to make it lethal! Who's rim ? ;-)
    Lol
    06-15-17 05:52 PM
    The only thing I see move is the buttons, the side of the phone doesn't budge. I agree with you man its a solid device.. Really liking mine..
    I added wireless charging to mine.. It's great.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...319e593b11.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d80a1694e2.jpg
    How did you add wireless charging? Kit? Link or links? Thanks in advance.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-15-17 09:15 PM
    Mine doesn't budge either.
    Nor does mine. I have the CDMA version. Given the delay in this version being available, I wonder if they addressed some of the issues raised with the GSM models. Mine doesn't have a single issue.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-15-17 09:27 PM
    Guess it all depends what you do with ur tongue to make it lethal! Who's rim ? ;-)
    Like Nike - I just do it lol
    06-15-17 09:31 PM
    Are you serious? The frame bends when the side keys are being pressed? That's ridiculous and it makes the decision to omit a proper adhesive even more stupid. If that's the case, then you are right that eventually every screen will get loose or fall off.

S**t I just got a message from Amazon that they will send mine sooner than expected. I'm torn inside...
    Agreed a ridiculous assertion, the metal frame is solid.
    06-15-17 09:36 PM
    Lame, love my KEYone, these threads are terrible.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-15-17 10:56 PM
    My frame didn't flex either but it still didn't keep my screen from lifting. Just be very careful with your phones guys. I have a feeling its a question of "when" not "if".
    06-15-17 11:18 PM
    I don't have any flex and my screen is just fine. I think it's a bad batch.
    Bad batch? These phones were all built the same and in the same place. Stop with the nonsense.
    06-15-17 11:38 PM
    RIM is the old name of the company: "Research In Motion"
    06-15-17 11:56 PM
    Just tried mine. Even used a magnifier glass. No flex in mine.
    Zero flex here.
    06-16-17 12:01 AM
    I added wireless charging to mine.. It's great.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...319e593b11.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d80a1694e2.jpg
    How add WC?
    06-16-17 12:02 AM
    is it dependent on if the phone is warm/hot - does that affect the glue enough to allow a bit of movement?
    Doubt it considering I'm in AZ with 3 KEYones in the house and its been over 110 degrees for the past two days... no screens popped lol.
    06-16-17 01:47 AM
    Doubt it considering I'm in AZ with 3 KEYones in the house and its been over 110 degrees for the past two days... no screens popped lol.
    Not yet!?
    06-16-17 01:58 AM
    Not yet!?
    True, but I've also had them for months now, so they've been 'battle tested' lol.
    Uzi likes this.
    06-16-17 02:01 AM
    True, but I've also had them for months now, so they've been 'battle tested' lol.
    I mean it is hard to explain, but hard to ignore. I have a UK and US model with no issues. But these keep coming, so who knows the reason.
    06-16-17 02:04 AM
    I mean it is hard to explain, but hard to ignore. I have a UK and US model with no issues. But these keep coming, so who knows the reason.
    I agree. It's hard to pinpoint really. But hopefully, it'll be addressed properly and will, over time, not be an issue. I don't blame people for asking for a recall but, I don't think folks understand what all goes into a recall either. It's not a simple process. It's easier at this point to ensure anyone who has the issue gets a new device through exchanges/warranty and adjust the future production processes.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-16-17 02:09 AM
    I agree. It's hard to pinpoint really. But hopefully, it'll be addressed properly and will, over time, not be an issue. I don't blame people for asking for a recall but, I don't think folks understand what all goes into a recall either. It's not a simple process. It's easier at this point to ensure anyone who has the issue gets a new device through exchanges/warranty and adjust the future production processes.
    I completely agree, I don't think we are at the point where a recall is necessary. There is clearly an issue, and I will assume the BB Mobile and TCL can and will figure that out soon. I think they will address it, as they have already said they are investigating it. I just hope that they improve the communication so people on this forum and others know what to do if the issue pops up. Right now people don't know if they should return to who they bought it from, contact Blackberry, contact Blackberry Mobile, or contact TCL.

I just hope they make it clear the process of getting the phone replaced as soon as possible for whoever has the issue. It is kind of in the no mans land right now where the best bet is returning to whoever you bought the phone from.
    06-16-17 02:17 AM
    So now we have threads from people who didn't have the screen popping issue, but are making speculations and conclusions as to what they "think" is the cause of the problem?
    06-16-17 01:29 PM
    So now we have threads from people who didn't have the screen popping issue, but are making speculations and conclusions as to what they "think" is the cause of the problem?
    So do you think that only criminals can become prosecutors? And only ill people can become doctors?
    06-16-17 01:35 PM
    Hopefully, there will be revision model coming.
    06-16-17 01:47 PM
    So do you think that only criminals can become prosecutors? And only ill people can become doctors?
    No, but I do expect people who make conclusions as to the cause of something to actually have /at least one/ device on hand that has failed to examine.

Think about that for a moment.
    06-16-17 02:06 PM
    So do you think that only criminals can become prosecutors?
    Pretty sure it's a job requirement.
    06-16-17 02:10 PM
    RIM is the old name of the company: "Research In Motion"
    you just carbon dated yourself...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-16-17 03:06 PM
    Are you serious? The frame bends when the side keys are being pressed? That's ridiculous and it makes the decision to omit a proper adhesive even more stupid. If that's the case, then you are right that eventually every screen will get loose or fall off.

S**t I just got a message from Amazon that they will send mine sooner than expected. I'm torn inside...
    Relax

Take a breath

I own Two and no issues yet.

If TCL declines warranty there is a really neat invention called two part epoxy which I plan to use.
    06-17-17 06:34 AM
63 123